KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Who would be a bigger global threat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 18 45.00%
Superman 22 55.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

So you're backing away from the stance that it can only destroy ice planets?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:14 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
If I remember correctly Thor wiped a much bigger city in less time and with a less powerful weapon back in AoU.

You didn't understand that scene, even with Tony carefully explaining what was going on.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I am not saying it wouldn't have distructive capabilities on Earth. What I meant was that the damage output wouldn't be as massive as the one we saw on Jotunheim.

Why not?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:18 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Thor's bifrost looks the same as the one on Asgard(or was on Asgard), the question is whether Thor has the capability to turn it all the way up to eleven and direct it like a cannon and keep it going until a planet is destroyed.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Why not?

Because not all planets are the same. A rocky planet like Earth would present to be much tougher than an Ice planet like Jotunheim.

But surely it would be enough to destroy buildings and cause massive damage on the surface.

But destroying an entire planet like Earth... It sounds too much Star Wars to me.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:33 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
You didn't understand that scene, even with Tony carefully explaining what was going on.

Perhaps I didn't. Where is that scene?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:34 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Because not all planets are the same. A rocky planet like Earth would present to be much tougher than an Ice planet like Jotunheim.

But surely it would be enough to destroy buildings and cause massive damage on the surface.

But destroying an entire planet like Earth... It sounds too much Star Wars to me.

You do know that ice planets are rocky planets right?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:35 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman
You do know that ice planets are rocky planets right?

I was refering literaly made of rock/minerals etc, not the scientific classification. Yes, an ice planet would fall under the telluric/terrestrial/rocky planet category.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:41 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I was refering literaly made of rock/minerals etc, not the scientific classification. Yes, an ice planet would fall under the telluric/terrestrial/rocky planet category.

There are no planets in the universe made of just ice. The Ice Giants planet seen in the Thor movie was a rocky planet like Earth, just with a colder global climate.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:47 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman
There are no planets in the universe made of just ice. The Ice Giants planet seen in the Thor movie was a rocky planet like Earth, just with a colder global climate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrz-NL6MOyw

The planet seems made of Ice. I personally agree though, the core or mantle of the planet would likely be made of rock, however the surface is clearly Ice.

Furthermore, we only see the surface's distruction caused by the bifrost, so whether the core/mantle or lower layers were also afected remains unknown.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:54 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

First of all, you don't know whether Jotunheim is made purely of ice or is simply covered in ice.

Because if it's simply covered in ice, I'm pretty sure soil is easier to destroy than solid ice.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:55 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Perhaps I didn't. Where is that scene?

Towards the end of Avengers:AoU. When Tony is going over on how to destroy the city. Listen to what he says.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by FrothByte
First of all, you don't know whether Jotunheim is made purely of ice or is simply covered in ice.

Because if it's simply covered in ice, I'm pretty sure soil is easier to destroy than solid ice.

The point was made that the Bifrost has the ability to destroy a world if used in such a manner. Don't fall for Josh's silly games.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:57 PM
Silent Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrz-NL6MOyw

The planet seems made of Ice. I personally agree though, the core or mantle of the planet would likely be made of rock, however the surface is clearly Ice.

Furthermore, we only see the surface's distruction caused by the bifrost, so whether the core/mantle or lower layers were also afected remains unknown.

OMG, the Earth looks to be made of ice.

https://expeditions365.com/south-pole-expeditions/

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The point was made that the Bifrost has the ability to destroy a world if used in such a manner. Don't fall for Josh's silly games.

The movie said it would destroy Jutonheim, not any world. Perhaps you investigate should the meaning of a no-limit fallacy.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Aug 28th, 2018 at 08:03 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:01 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
OMG, the Earth looks to be made of ice.

https://expeditions365.com/south-pole-expeditions/

OMG, you don't know what the poles are!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:02 PM
Silent Master

OMG, you don't know what the poles are!!! laughing out loud

Irony overload.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:05 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Irony overload.

........................okay......................................

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The movie said it would destroy Jutonheim, not any world. Perhaps you investigate should the meaning of a no-limit fallacy.

Heimdall said leaving the Bifrost open would unleash its full power and destroy Jotenheim, because that was the world they (Thor and crew) were currently going to. Not that the Bifrost can only destroy Jotenheim if used at full power. #logic

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:11 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Heimdall said leaving the Bifrost open would unleash its full power and destroy Jotenheim, because that was the world they (Thor and crew) were currently going to. Not that the Bifrost can only destroy Jotenheim if used at full power. #logic

No limit fallacy on google or yahoo, as you please.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:14 PM