KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Who would be a bigger global threat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 18 45.00%
Superman 22 55.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
We don't have to check your massively biased fan calculations. Imp has already told you have fan calcs aren't canon.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:21 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

thus you can't argue that they are incorrect.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:24 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Either you don't understand my post or your trolling, which is it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:25 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Without checking the math and concept you lose the ability to argue against it. Facts!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:28 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You didn't backup your claim therefore it's being ignored.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by h1a8
If I honestly believed that Thor was aircraft bullet proof then I would say Thor wins this.

The thing you are mentioning had more validity back in 2012 when Thor's only other appearance besides Avengers was in 1 movie(for half of which he was powerless). He has way more feats since then, 2 more solo movies and 2 more Avengers movies.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I'll go a different approach.
Bran posted proof that such bullets CAN penetrate 3 inch thick titanium.

Post me evidence where Thor endured something that can either punch (with force) a hole through 3 inch thick titanium or can break a slab of it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 02:09 AM
Silent Master

No, you made the original claim that means the burden of proof is on you.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 02:21 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I see titanium got an upgrade:

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Here is about 1.5 inches of titanium stopping an armor piercing 20mm round

I already showed the titanium plate stopping a superior tungsten round as well.

The hardest Titanium has a minimum bnh of 334, which is a far cry from a bnh of 600, which is 132 tons psi.
https://alcobrametals.com/guides/titanium

And here's a study where a bunch of plates stopped 20mm and 1/2 scale 30mm bullets as long as they were heated and reformed, as opposed to rolled at 1.1 inches.
The hardness of these steel plates at 1.1 inches ranged from 48 to 53 on the RHC scale. Which is about 460-534 in BNH if I'm doing that right. 48.5 is 101 tons psi.
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a284904.pdf

Though it's funny how NOW I've posted proof when he thinks he could use it. Yet he ignores it when it specifically goes against his point.

Didn't even fukking pretend it existed when it was used against him.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 02:35 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I see titanium got an upgrade:

Though it's funny how NOW I've posted proof when he thinks he could use it. Yet he ignores it when it specifically goes against his point.

Didn't even fukking pretend it existed when it was used against him.

Because h1 is a troll.

One of his go-to MO's is to hassle the other side to provide proof (while he sits back and does nothing close to the same effort to prove his assertions as he will simply use his opinions or manufactured math as some sort of self-proclaimed indisputable proof.).

Then if you take the time to do so, he either hand-waves the evidence away or downright ignores it or he manufactures an entirely arbitrary criteria to create ambiguity on the evidence. Or he simply moves the goalposts, re-word his assertions and ask for more proof or abandon his assertions entirely and make and make up even more garbage he will proclaim as truth unless more evidence is provided and the cycle continues. He has quite the repertoire of evidence avoidance built up from 10 years of trolling experience it looks like.

He can do this because he doesn't care if he is right, doesn't care if he is able to convince anyone and doesn't care about the truth or his credibility. He would rather be seen as the town idiot and be used as a punching bag in debates over and over for as long as he doesn't have to accept that Thor > Superman.

His purpose is to lowball and to troll. He cannot properly achieve the former so he will just continue to do the latter.

He is a waste of time for everyone involved.

Edit. Of course, mocking him and counter trolling him is fine and dandy as a use of time as we are all enjoying the laughs he provides us.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 20th, 2018 at 03:23 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 03:16 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Because h1 is a troll.

One of his go-to MO's is to hassle the other side to provide proof (while he sits back and does nothing close to the same effort to prove his assertions as he will simply use his opinions or manufactured math as some sort of self-proclaimed indisputable proof.).

Then if you take the time to do so, he either hand-waves the evidence away or downright ignores it or he manufactures an entirely arbitrary criteria to create ambiguity on the evidence. Or he simply moves the goalposts, re-word his assertions and ask for more proof or abandon his assertions entirely and make and make up even more garbage he will proclaim as truth unless more evidence is provided and the cycle continues. He has quite the repertoire of evidence avoidance built up from 10 years of trolling experience it looks like.

He can do this because he doesn't care if he is right, doesn't care if he is able to convince anyone and doesn't care about the truth or his credibility. He would rather be seen as the town idiot and be used as a punching bag in debates over and over for as long as he doesn't have to accept that Thor > Superman.

His purpose is to lowball and to troll. He cannot properly achieve the former so he will just continue to do the latter.

Edit. Of course, mocking him and counter trolling him is fine and dandy as a use of time as we are all enjoying the laughs he provides us.

Ad hominem isn't debating.

Seriously though.
It was made clear that Thor could be damaged from those bullets.
And you guys are spouting opinions about certain showings proving Thor is resistant to the most powerful bullets. Use some form of proof (science, math, etc). Otherwise it's just your opinion.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:12 AM
Silent Master

I'll go a different approach.
Bran posted proof that such bullets CAN penetrate 3 inch thick titanium.

Post me evidence where Thor endured something that can either punch (with force) a hole through 3 inch thick titanium or can break a slab of it.

post this so-called proof that shows bullets can penetrate 3 in thick titanium.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:14 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Ad hominem isn't debating.

Seriously though.
It was made clear that Thor could be damaged from those bullets.
And you guys are spouting opinions about certain showings proving Thor is resistant to the most powerful bullets. Use some form of proof (science, math, etc). Otherwise it's just your opinion.

I wasn't talking to you.

Trolling isn't debating, either.

Everyone here accepts the evidence. As it is obvious that massive explosions (and being in ground zero of one) are far more destructive than aircraft bullets. Where a missile with under 150kg warhead (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick) can actually take out a Heavy Battle Tank while an A-10 would need to hit it in either treads or it's engine to score a kill.

Real world facts > you.

We just don't use fake math pseudo science pretend knowledge.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:33 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Because h1 is a troll.

thumb up

If h1 was a man he would have gone through with a battlezone but he chickened out.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
post this so-called proof that shows bullets can penetrate 3 in thick titanium.

This link tells you that the thickness of the plate is 3 inches and made of titanium.

But of course, read on and ignore it:
http://www.arl.army.mil/arlreports/2018/ARL-TN-0872.pdf

Here is Bran showing pictures of the some 20mm and 30mm penetrating
Anyway, let's use actual facts here. I'm not too keen on calculations so I won't even attempt it, but neither is h1. Here is a plate that has a maximum of 855 (and 862 but didn't do it) megapascals. What that translates into, is 124007 pounds per square inch. Which is 62 us tons psi.

(please log in to view the image)

They are using 30mm and 20mm.

Anyway, here is the test, yes SOME WENT THROUGH...

Superman, too, apparently. Since Superman ran away from a 30mm round, right (following your logic, that is)?

When? Post the scene.
I saw a bullet hit him and did nothing.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:12 PM
h1a8

I wasn't talking to you.

Trolling isn't debating, either.

Everyone here accepts the evidence. As it is obvious that massive explosions (and being in ground zero of one) are far more destructive than aircraft bullets. Where a missile with under 150kg warhead (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick) can actually take out a Heavy Battle Tank while an A-10 would need to hit it in either treads or it's engine to score a kill.

Real world facts > you.

We just don't use fake math pseudo science pretend knowledge.

You were talking about me.
Getting hit with a missile =/= being in just any explosion.
Just ask yourself, did any of the explosions that Thor was punch a hole or break a 3in slab of titanium? If so then prove it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:16 PM
Darth Thor

Just ask yourself, did any of the explosions that Thor was punch a hole or break a 3in slab of titanium? If so then prove it.

It blew up the whole Asgardian space ship.

Shall we get out specs for will Durability of real life space shuttles?

Also why are you pretending he didnt get touched by the explosion that blew up Slovakia?

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 20th, 2018 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 06:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Yes, I was mocking you. That was not debating because I wasn't debating against him. Try and keep up.

That is the dumbest, most arbitrary proof requirement I have ever encountered. Basically:

Then if you take the time to do so, he either hand-waves the evidence away or downright ignores it or he manufactures an entirely arbitrary criteria to create ambiguity on the evidence.

Predictable. No, I feel that my logic that a 150kg explosive attached to a guidance system+propulsion > 30mm shells is sufficient to convince everyone here. Til a non-troll questions it, I have no need to produce any more evidence to a known-troll.

Fact: A-10s use their AGM-65 missiles against Heavy Battle Tanks because their main 30mm cannon isn't as effective/guaranteed to score a kill on hit (even after a full strafe). Because missiles are far more effective. A simple google search will lead everyone to the same information needed if they feel the need for clarification.

It is literally your logic that -> running away from it = writer's intent that it can hurt him.

I literally just proved how wrong your logic is. If you can't get why, then you're either a liar or a moron. Thanks for playing.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Sep 20th, 2018 at 07:33 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 07:24 PM
Darth Thor

When? Post the scene.
I saw a bullet hit him and did nothing.

What it did is besides the point. Thor also stood in the line of fire with nothing happening. Point is Superman CLEARLY evaded the bullets being hit once.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 07:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What it did is besides the point. Thor also stood in the line of fire with nothing happening. Point is Superman CLEARLY evaded the bullets being hit once.

Watch, I'll predict what his next reply will be and the flaw behind it.

Basically, it would be him making himself out as the sole arbiter of what the "writer's intent" is.

Bet you that's next.

Normally, I'd wait til he post but at this point he's not even trying to avoid his old know-tactics that I've already listed.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 07:39 PM