KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Who would be a bigger global threat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 18 45.00%
Superman 22 55.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

If you could prove that Jotenheim is somehow special when it comes to the Bifrost, you'd have a point, as it stands, anyone with a brain can understand the conversation between Volstagg and Heimdall:

Heimdall: Be warned, I shall uphold my sacred oath to protect this realm as its gatekeeper. If your return threatens the safety of Asgard, my gate will remain shut and you will be left to perish on the cold waste of Jotunheim.

Volstagg: Couldn't you just keep the bridge open for us?

Heimdall: Keeping the bridge open would unleash the full power of the Bifrost and destroy Jotunheim, with you on it.

Moving on.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
If you could prove that Jotenheim is somehow special when it comes to the Bifrost, you'd have a point, as it stands, anyone with a brain can understand the conversation between Volstagg and Heimdall:

Heimdall: Be warned, I shall uphold my sacred oath to protect this realm as its gatekeeper. If your return threatens the safety of Asgard, my gate will remain shut and you will be left to perish on the cold waste of Jotunheim.

Volstagg: Couldn't you just keep the bridge open for us?

Heimdall: Keeping the bridge open would unleash the full power of the Bifrost and destroy Jotunheim, with you on it.

Moving on.

Jotunheim =/= all worlds.

And again, Earth's composition is visually different from Jotuheim's. Should Earth be covered entirely on Ice or made of Ice (whatever the case maybe) then YOU would have a point.

Otherwise, you are implementing a no limit fallacy.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:43 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Come on H1, don't lowball Thor. People do it enough to Supes and I know you hate it, it is a bs tactic, so don't do it to another character. The army is NOT taking down Thor. Especially not when he would be calling down storms, lighting, tornados, etc.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:48 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Well we know Thor has a weakness against tasers

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 09:39 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Well we know Thor has a weakness against tasers

Since when?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 09:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by Silent Master
Since when?

Ragnarok. Taser Net...Shot in the neck with a taser.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:40 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Ragnarok. Taser Net...Shot in the neck with a taser.

Those weren't tasers

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

yeah, it was a shock mechanism, like a taser... its a moot point either way though as Thor had a power upgrade by the end of the film so its unclear wether or not the electric shock weaponry would even work on a guy who's basically electricity incarnate by the end of that film

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:01 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by emporerpants
Come on H1, don't lowball Thor. People do it enough to Supes and I know you hate it, it is a bs tactic, so don't do it to another character. The army is NOT taking down Thor. Especially not when he would be calling down storms, lighting, tornados, etc.
Bullets and missiles are far faster than Thor can respond. I’ll accept that’s he’s bulletproof to most types of bullets except the most powerful kind (aircraft bullets, etc).
Jet fighters moving with evasive action traveling at super sonic speeds will give Thor problems.

Trust me, you wouldn’t want to be Thor going against the US military.
That tv shit is fake.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:03 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It turned Thor's veins blue, plus Thor had no problem channeling electricity through his body in that or any movie.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:05 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Bullets and missiles are far faster than Thor can respond. I’ll accept that’s he’s bulletproof to most types of bullets except the most powerful kind (aircraft bullets, etc).
Jet fighters moving with evasive action traveling at super sonic speeds will give Thor problems.

Trust me, you wouldn’t want to be Thor going against the US military.
That tv shit is fake.

Prove it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:06 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by relentless1
yeah, it was a shock mechanism, like a taser... its a moot point either way though as Thor had a power upgrade by the end of the film so its unclear wether or not the electric shock weaponry would even work on a guy who's basically electricity incarnate by the end of that film

Obedience discs weren't using electric shock.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:06 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Prove it.

Prove what? Be specific.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:14 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Prove what? Be specific.

Your claims.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:15 PM
h1a8

Your claims.

Restate the ones you want me to prove.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:19 PM
Silent Master

Since h1 can't back up his claims, his posts can be ignored as trolling.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:23 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Restate the ones you want me to prove.

That military arsenal can take out Thor or that Thor can't react to jet fighters.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:33 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
That military arsenal can take out Thor or that Thor can't react to jet fighters.

The post where I asked for proof included his claims, so he knows exactly what claims I'm talking about. he's just trolling.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The US military can't take out the Hulk, but now they're taking out King Thor? Lolz.

Edit: As far as 'Thor can't handle jets', two F22 Raptors had trouble with the Mark III Ironman suit and a still new to the hero business Tony and he wasn't trying to destroy them. Thor would casually obliterate a squadron.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 28th, 2018 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote