KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » namor vs mera

namor vs mera
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

namor vs mera

in the heart of the pacific. not sure if she could dehydrate him underwater given her quickly the sea replenishes him. could she take him out without dehydrating him if she had to?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:31 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Can she use water to give him strokes and such, or is there no internal body water use whatsoever?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if you think she can do that, sure. i guess it would come down to whether he could resist something like that given his durability. don't think i've seen her give someone a stroke before.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:39 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Namor knocks her head off

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:10 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
if you think she can do that, sure. i guess it would come down to whether he could resist something like that given his durability. don't think i've seen her give someone a stroke before.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjNvJUSXsAU_uvT.jpg

Even without any internal control, I'd say Mera for a healthy majority, given her general hydrokinesis. It's without any of it, and solely h2h, that it gets interesting.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:30 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh. so you think she can take arthur down just as easily with her full power in play?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:34 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

She destroys him (assuming all powers in play). You can even add Aquaman with is Trident to help out and they still die if she's serious about winning.

Mera 10/10.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:05 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

huh. so you think she can take arthur down just as easily with her full power in play?
I'd say so, yes, unless his TP is played up.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:36 PM
riv6672

The way Mera fights as opposed to the way ppl -think- she fights is very different.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 09:58 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Mera has decent physicals and her hydrokinesis is just hax...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:07 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Little known fact is Namor can't lose to women. Impossible

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:41 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'm going to go against the grain here. Namor wins. I saw Mera's fight with Orm, and she didn't resort to giving him strokes to seal the win for her, and she was fighting for an entire kingdom. Not seeing this killer that people are trying to make her into.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:42 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You saw her performance against the clowns from the Justice League?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by riv6672
The way Mera fights as opposed to the way ppl -think- she fights is very different.

How do you mean? She's desiccated people on panel, she's nearly killed someone by drowning their lungs, she's used hard water constructs offensively and defensively. Which tactic that was mentioned in this thread doesn't match up with how she fights on panel?

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:03 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm going to go against the grain here. Namor wins. I saw Mera's fight with Orm, and she didn't resort to giving him strokes to seal the win for her, and she was fighting for an entire kingdom. Not seeing this killer that people are trying to make her into.

DING DING DING

Thats what i meant by my earlier post.

And yes, the expected response is ‘characters fight at their best’, its in...
(please log in to view the image)

...but so is, they fight ‘in character’. And, as you pointed out, the bsttle tactics being brought up arent in character.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Mera for a healthy majority.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:41 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd be more interested in knowing if desiccation is possible on namor underwater, and if he could survive a stroke long enough to get in an attack. i don't see either as being ooc. she wouldn't have to kill him, just incapacitate him then finish him off with hard water or even something purely physical. if he could get his hands on her though, i think he'd have a def shot at ending it, and unlike her, it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply snap her neck.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 12:37 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

i'd be more interested in knowing if desiccation is possible on namor underwater, and if he could survive a stroke long enough to get in an attack. i don't see either as being ooc. she wouldn't have to kill him, just incapacitate him then finish him off with hard water or even something purely physical. if he could get his hands on her though, i think he'd have a def shot at ending it, and unlike her, it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply snap her neck.

Leo didn't you see Philo's scan? She doesn't have to desiccate him. She can give him a stroke or stop his breathing. She knows how to deal with water dwelling creatures.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:29 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

namor recovers very quickly underwater though, and stopping his breathing wouldn't kill him instantly. there would still be a chance he might reach her before he was ko'd. maybe. /shrug

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:39 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

namor recovers very quickly underwater though, and stopping his breathing wouldn't kill him instantly. there would still be a chance he might reach her before he was ko'd. maybe. /shrug

Ok so what happens when he reaches her? She's not some glass canon. Didn't she go up against Wonder Woman and hold her own?

This is Mera's fight to lose.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 02:13 AM