KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Quicksilver

Superman vs. Quicksilver
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

QS is going through the amp still, so I think MaZeRaIII is trying to say is that he at least right now currently has the time stop thing. the whole no surrender is set in only time locked speed thus far.

it makes it seem like he will be able to Zen his way down from the ledge potentially coming out of I guess 'time lock'. the arc isn't over so its hard to tell what the final amp will play out to be but as right now he's gotten an astronomical amp.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 06:14 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ What series is this Quicksilver stuff taking place in?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 06:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ What series is this Quicksilver stuff taking place in?

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Qu...er-No-Surrender

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 07:11 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

Originally posted by staxamillion
...it makes it seem like he will be able to Zen his way down from the ledge potentially coming out of I guess 'time lock'. the arc isn't over so its hard to tell what the final amp will play out to be but as right now he's gotten an astronomical amp.

But as it currently stands it would seem the original post would need to state "amped QS" as this hasn't been presented as a stable level of power.

I was going pro-QS until Philosophía posted compelling evidence otherwise.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 07:24 PM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Great argument against QS. Insane.

Lol... I see what you did here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 07:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

this is his stable power as of right now until he learns how to slow down. so no

the argument of whether the amp lasts indefinitely is in question.

in forum always thought that you took the current version unless stated otherwise

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 07:59 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

QS did need the Amp from SW and SYNAPSE to get to the level but he currently still is still amped and has not found a way to slow down/undo the amp is all I think the argument was

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:02 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by carver9
Is moving in time stop the same as jogging around the world casually seeing everything frozen for long periods of time.

Acting like Clark haven’t done the same thing already.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:05 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by staxamillion
QS is going through the amp still, so I think MaZeRaIII is trying to say is that he at least right now currently has the time stop thing. the whole no surrender is set in only time locked speed thus far.

it makes it seem like he will be able to Zen his way down from the ledge potentially coming out of I guess 'time lock'. the arc isn't over so its hard to tell what the final amp will play out to be but as right now he's gotten an astronomical amp.
1). That's not what he's saying. He's saying that Pietro can do so at will, when he can't:
Originally posted by MaZeRaIII
Pietro can unstuck himself from time

Pietro doesn't start the forum fights in the trans-time dimension, unless he can reach it on his own. Which he can't. He also claimed it was a matter of mental block, when that was just something that Synapse removed, in order for him to access the speed amp Scarlet Witch provided him with magic, and was not the source of the speed itself. It's not. Wanda is the Source of the speed amp, and Synapse helped him properly access it.

2). Quicksilver's amp was only there when Scarlet Witch and Synapse altered him. He is no longer in that state. The problem is that, when he had the amp, he ran out of normal space/time, so he's basically in an alternate dimension now. If it makes it easier, think of you having to jump on the edge of a building, so you use a trampoline [which in the story are represented by Scarlet Witch/Synapse]. You jump on it, and you reach that edge of the building, but now you can't jump back down [you get 'stuck in time']. That's Quicksilver. He no longer has the trampoline, he can't get off the building, and he wouldn't be able to jump on the edge of the building without it.

Even furthermore, Quicksilver is not in absolute time-stop, as Scarlet Witch has been able to contact him while he is in that 'dimension', so she is able to move, slow as it is, in normal time. In fact, he even has a turtle living with him in that separate dimension - further showing that you don't need 'superspeed' to be in that state. It's a matter of being literally 'thrown' out of normal space/time [which Quicksilver did via amp, the Turtle did via Hex, and Scarlet Witch/Voodoo and Synapse do via magic]:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 30th, 2018 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 09:27 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 30th, 2018 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 09:27 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

thumb up

Im intrigued so might check it out.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 09:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I see what you are saying with the 'time lock' dimension. I just understood as the amp has not played out yet to its final form. it does seem like he's using the whole emotional zen with a mixture of sw's magik to come out of dimension. the last amp bumped so much he ran into a 'between time space' dimension and now he's lost the all the amps I see it as he amped past the max and he's stuck in the dimension.

maybe its more of an altered state rather. the turtle is only animate after qs can use some magic to pull it into his state. it just reminds me of speed force like when the flash can lend a bit so they can see or act with him.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:07 PM