KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why do people care about politics so much?

Why do people care about politics so much?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Why do people care about politics so much?

That is, why do they take it so seriously? Get angry by it?

I've seen people proudly show off pictures of them standing with Yakuza (Who murder people over the course of their careers) on a vacation, or laugh about about what happened to Benoit (Brain damaged from too many bumps, murder/sucide). Even things like the Enron frauds don't get them riled up like Trump/Hillary shenanigans.

I don't know, it just seems to me that gender designation at college gender studies classes, or whether kneeling is offensive or free speech, isn't really "that" important compared to other things you can point out...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 10:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's good versus evil; the right are self-serving and heartless *****. The left are the embodiment of Jesus, Siddartha etc. made flesh. To use a movie analogy, you average rightist is a Sith, whereas your average lefty is like an allied troop storming Normandy beaches in Saving Private Ryan. It's good versus evil, simple as that.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 10:25 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There's no need to insult the sith.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 10:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
It's good versus evil; the right are self-serving and heartless *****. The left are the embodiment of Jesus, Siddartha etc. made flesh. To use a movie analogy, you average rightist is a Sith, whereas your average lefty is like an allied troop storming Normandy beaches in Saving Private Ryan. It's good versus evil, simple as that.
Originally posted by BackFire

laughing out loud

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 10:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
laughing

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 10:44 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Much Like The Alt Right. The Sith do not really exist. Leftis Fascist do and are Much worse then the Sith.

And I have NO Problem insulting those Fee Fee Fascist Cry babies.

AINT THAT RIGHT POOTYBUTT!?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 05:50 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

That is such a useless analogy. Also, not all Sith were evil, and not all the soldiers that stormed Normandy were pure good guys.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 06:09 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Why would anyone care about the laws that can literally start wars and be the difference between life and death for a large number of people lmao

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 06:39 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Fly and Sqaull X, you seem triggered.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:53 AM
SquallX

@Fly and Sqaull X, you seem triggered.

I am triggered for calling you out on your useless bullshits?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 10:03 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
I am triggered for calling you out on your useless bullshits?
you seem it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 10:55 AM
dadudemon

Re: Why do people care about politics so much?

Originally posted by cdtm
That is, why do they take it so seriously? Get angry by it?

You cover so many things in your post. However, what is your actual question if we boil it down into something more palatable?

"Why do people care so much about a thing that has the largest and greatest impact on everything in their lives, outside of their direct family unit?"

When the question is framed like that, it becomes much more obvious why people care about politics so much.

I've seen people proudly show off pictures of them standing with Yakuza (Who murder people over the course of their careers) on a vacation,

Most likely, that Yakuza didn't kill anyone. Yakuza don't really exist like that, anymore. That's Hollywood shullbit. And I think Chinese cinema still plays up the violent Yakuza (if you got exposure from Chinese films).

...or laugh about about what happened to Benoit (Brain damaged from too many bumps, murder/sucide).

People who do that (laughing at situations like Benoit's) generally have a jaded and less-forgiving mentality. They aren't necessarily terrible people. But some are.

Even things like the Enron frauds don't get them riled up like Trump/Hillary shenanigans.

You're probably too young to remember how truly big the Enron scandal was. Weeks upon weeks of massive news coverage. Here's the deal about Enron: it, coupled with 9-11, was the first major "internet phenomena" with tons of news coverage popping up, tons of op-eds (online), forums buzzing, nascent memes, and so forth. You were probably too young and also disconnected from the budding online information machine to remember how truly big the Enron Scandal was back in the day. The information age was just taking off back then, though.

I don't know, it just seems to me that gender designation at college gender studies classes, or whether kneeling is offensive or free speech, isn't really "that" important compared to other things you can point out...

Hardly anyone actually spends time on those things except Men's Rights groups, red pillers, feminists, and libtards. What you think people are spending a lot of time on is more telling of things that stick out in your mind rather than the actual time people spend on those other topics. And there's nothing wrong with your perceptions. This stuff is probably annoying as hell to you.

By political news coverage, Trump and things surrounding Trump, is the biggest topic covered: by far.

Unfortunately, you have to go to anti-liberal media sites to find people compiling information on this:

quote:
For this study, MRC analysts looked at all 505 evening news stories that mentioned President Trump or his administration in January and February. Out of 851 total minutes of airtime devoted to the administration, the networks spent almost one-fourth of it (204 minutes, or 24%) on the Russia investigation, eclipsing other major topics such as the economy, immigration reform, and even the gun debate.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...gative-coverage

Anyway, hope I didn't piss you off by disagreeing with you. I went after your ideas, not you.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 01:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Stop being consistently one of my favorite posters on this forum dadudemon.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 02:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Why would anyone care about the laws that can literally start wars and be the difference between life and death for a large number of people lmao

Except that's not really the politics the news seems to focus on.

The Starbucks scandal, or Trump's next offensive tweet is.

Any time I see the news, or read the paper, it's usually entertainpop infortainment bs. A "Oh no he didn't" laugh at an open bigot, or an sjw, or a protest, or some other variation of class/celebrity/race/mud slinging..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 02:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's like asking 'why do people care about the quality of their life?'

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 03:03 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 03:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote