KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Thor vs. Ares

MCU Thor vs. Ares
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Ares has a feat of slowly absorbing lightning and then dying when sed lightning was fired back as a single quick blast. that means he has a limit on how much he can absorb at once and once that limit is reached, he dies rather quickly.

Let's say that's true. Then Thor would have to deliver lightning at that rate or higher.
Note: A lightning bolt has an average power of 10 billion watts. Ares absorbed lightning for about 10 seconds. That's 100 billion joules of energy.
WW shot the lightning back at him. The blast lasted about half as long (about 4 or 5 seconds). So we can say she delivered at least 20 billion watts of power at him.

Thor would most likely have to beat Ares with another type of attack (which is possible). Ares does have some control over metal and wind though. So that's tricky there.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Lol, is H1saying that he didn't like the way Diana defeated Ares, so it shouldn't count?

It shouldn't as it contradicts his ability to absorb lightning.
Remember we can't pick low over high (lowballing).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 11:32 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by h1a8
Let's say that's true. Then Thor would have to deliver lightning at that rate or higher.
Note: A lightning bolt has an average power of 10 billion watts. Ares absorbed lightning for about 10 seconds. That's 100 billion joules of energy.
WW shot the lightning back at him. The blast lasted about half as long (about 4 or 5 seconds). So we can say she delivered at least 20 billion watts of power at him.

Thor would most likely have to beat Ares with another type of attack (which is possible). Ares does have some control over metal and wind though. So that's tricky there.

Do you want to compare Thor and Ares Lightning feats?

It shouldn't as it contradicts his ability to absorb lightning.
Remember we can't pick low over high (lowballing).

You cant just disregard a feat that defeated and killed him lol

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 12:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Darth Thor

You cant just disregard a feat that defeated and killed him lol

The only feats that matter are those that can prove that Thor's lightning power output is higher than normal lightning's (10 billion watts). Otherwise, we will assume both create normal lightning.

If disregard means to exclude from a character's ability or limitation in a forum fight then Of course I can, especially if the two showings contradict each other.

For example, That's like one showing has a character being bullet proof but another showing having them being susceptible to the same bullets. Which version is used for their forum representative? They can't both be bulletproof and not bulletproof at the same time in a forum.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 12:35 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Thor's lightning has far better feats. IOW, h1 will refuse to compare.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 12:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The only feats that matter are those that can prove that Thor's lightning power output is higher than normal lightning's (10 billion watts). Otherwise, we will assume both create normal lightning.

If disregard means to exclude from a character's ability or limitation in a forum fight then Of course I can, especially if the two showings contradict each other.

For example, That's like one showing has a character being bullet proof but another showing having them being susceptible to the same bullets. Which version is used for their forum representative? They can't both be bulletproof and not bulletproof at the same time in a forum.

Its almost as if different Magical Lightning bolts have differing levels of power output.

Now do you want to compare damage output of Thor and Ares Lightning or do you concede the point?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 03:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Its almost as if different Magical Lightning bolts have differing levels of power output.

Now do you want to compare damage output of Thor and Ares Lightning or do you concede the point?

I'm trying to be nice. I could be mean and argue that Thor's lightning is weaker than regular lightning. Regular lightning lasts for 0.00003 second and has 10 billion watts of power.

If you don't have any feats that shows Thor's lightning exceeding the power of 10 billion watts then it must be considered equal or lesser in power than regular lightning.

Ares drew his lightning from the sky (as Thor is sometimes shown to do). Therefore, it is assumed by the audience that his lightning has the same power as regular lightning.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 05:26 PM
Darth Thor

I'm trying to be nice. I could be mean and argue that Thor's lightning is weaker than regular lightning. Regular lightning lasts for 0.00003 second and has 10 billion watts of power.

If you don't have any feats that shows Thor's lightning exceeding the power of 10 billion watts then it must be considered equal or lesser in power than regular lightning.

Ares drew his lightning from the sky (as Thor is sometimes shown to do). Therefore, it is assumed by the audience that his lightning has the same power as regular lightning.

By all means go ahead and prove Thors Lightning as weaker than regular lightning which normal human beings have benn struck by and survived.

Are we ready to do a feat comparison yet between Thor and Ares Lightning?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 06:10 PM
Silent Master

I see h1 is trying to do his usual low-balling of Thor.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 08:18 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

By all means go ahead and prove Thors Lightning as weaker than regular lightning which normal human beings have benn struck by and survived.

Are we ready to do a feat comparison yet between Thor and Ares Lightning?

Normal lightning lasts for 0.00003 second. Thor's lightning lasts much longer. A 1 second blast by Thor is more than 30,000 times more energy than a regular lightning bolt. Are there any feats where Thor's lightning appears thousands of times more powerful than a single bolt of lightning? I don't think so.
Or if Thor's lightning lasted for a 0.00003 of a second (instead of multiple seconds) then is it possible a human can survive? I would say yes.

Damage from lightning depends on several factors :
Conductivity, being grounded to certain materials, heat conductivity, different types of lightning strikes, etc. People who survived lightning usually have permanent damage, especially to their neurological system.
People rarely ever get struck directly by lightning. It's mostly from the ground current or a jumping off something else current.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 10:32 PM
Silent Master

So, take Darth up on his offer and compare the feats for Thor's lightning to those of Ares.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 10:47 PM
ShadowFyre

How is comparing Ares lightning to Thor's even up for debate?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 11:19 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because h1 is massively biased against Thor. take note of how he is doing everything he can to avoid directly comparing feats.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 11:25 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
How is comparing Ares lightning to Thor's even up for debate?

It's silly to compare. They are the same in substance.
That's like asking which water is more powerful? They are both made of water, duhh.
The difference in total energy is how long a bolt lasts.
Ares spent more than 10 seconds absorbing lightning.
Thor only spent that amount of time when he was attached to a building.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 11:54 PM
Silent Master

That's like asking which water is more powerful? They are both made of water, duhh.

Look at h1 do everything he can to avoid a direct comparison, it's because he knows that Darth would destroy him in a debate concering feats.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:10 AM
h1a8

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:27 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Silent Master
Look at h1 do everything he can to avoid a direct comparison, it's because he knows that Darth would destroy him in a debate concering feats.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 12:31 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The guy who was killed by lightning vs a walking lightning storm, gee that's a tough one.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:47 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The guy who was killed by lightning vs a walking lightning storm, gee that's a tough one.

It is. Because the same guy absorbed more than 100 billion joules of electrical energy without any damage.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:02 AM
Silent Master

This is a thread about Thor vs. Ares and Darth has offered to compare feats. if you don't take him up on the offer everyone will take that as you admitting Thor's lightning is more powerful.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:34 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

H1's argument is like saying that Scarface survived getting shot a bunch of bullets and still continued fighting so Scarface cant be beat by bullets, even though in the end he was defeated by bullets.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 04:20 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote