KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Trans Tier Tournament

The Trans Tier Tournament
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
TIL the challenger bfr'd Hulk. Lol.

Who said he didnt bfr him? Did you not read my post? I clearly said Hulk was bfred. Do you have a habit of glancing over people comments and replying? Why would you even mention that when I said it above in my post?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Maybe I should use bold letters when I mention anything about Hulk. People tend to go blind.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

our character has all the knowledge WE have, is that correct? for example, if i were to choose ss, because i, leo, know kryptonite exists and what it is, ss would have also have full knowledge of k-nite and could create it? it's also a bit of a question and it's rarely addressed directly. with the limited number of characters in this tier, i just wanna make sure what i might and might not be able to do if i can find someone i like.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

smile

Anyway, am sure it will be a good match. We have the Spirit of the 21st century, the guy who singlehandedly slaughtered an entire race of White Martians, Dr Fate (presumably with CIS turned off, hopefully :evilsmile, the repository of all the wild magic in the Universe, a Silver Age Kryptonian, the entire JLA (what I call Morrison class to boot), the guy who has 5D imp powers....

And me, who can punch, like, really hard. And is a 100ft tall target.

@Leo: I would've thought......no?

As an example, Firestorm. He knows Kryptonite exists. But he still needs a load of practice to make it. And even then, doubtful Surfer would make the right kind (see FS vs SBP)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:25 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carver9
You dont agree? The fts are there but people here tends to look at versatility when it comes to Hulk while covering their eyes when it comes to Surfer who is the most versatile character in comics but is still Herald tier.

Honestly I think thats a fair point against Hulk though.

Youre A bit of a useless trans-tier when you can still be BFRd pretty easily. Or another Trans can just casually destroy the planet you are on which just leaves you screwed floating in space.

As for Surfer, versatility alone wont put you above Herald. But a Trans level should at least have either teleportation or light speed travel IMHO.

Edit: I know teleportation and planet busting isnt allowed here, so Hulk is a fine choice. Am just saying in general....

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Honestly I think thats a fair point against Hulk though.

Youre A bit of a useless trans-tier when you can still be BFRd pretty easily. Or another Trans can just casually destroy the planet you are on which just leaves you screwed floating in space.

As for Surfer, versatility alone wont put you above Herald. But a Trans level should at least have either teleportation or light speed travel IMHO.

Wouldnt that apply to like 40 percent of the people on the list though? Like Mangog, HP Doomsday, Mongul, Validus, etc...

We didnt rank them because they couldnt glide, when ranked them where they re at due to what they have achieved. Mangog is Odin biggest threat... he fears him and the only thing he can do is jump from place to place. In a fight, Mangog would destroy most on that list and any High Herald but hey, he cant fly and can bfred, so that means he sucks. Also, Hulk have showings that proves he can counter bfr.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:43 PM
carver9

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:46 PM
DarkSaint85

no expression

Point me in the direction where I said Hulk couldn't be bfred. I don't debate like that.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

It appears its been missed because I've seen a few mentions of my using Alan Scot since I did it so

swapping out Alan Scot for his pre 52 Son Obsidian [/B]

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:54 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
smile

Anyway, am sure it will be a good match. We have the Spirit of the 21st century, the guy who singlehandedly slaughtered an entire race of White Martians, Dr Fate (presumably with CIS turned off, hopefully :evilsmile, the repository of all the wild magic in the Universe, a Silver Age Kryptonian, the entire JLA (what I call Morrison class to boot), the guy who has 5D imp powers....

And me, who can punch, like, really hard. And is a 100ft tall target.

@Leo: I would've thought......no?

As an example, Firestorm. He knows Kryptonite exists. But he still needs a load of practice to make it. And even then, doubtful Surfer would make the right kind (see FS vs SBP)

Firestorm doesn't have cosmic awareness tho

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 12:56 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wouldnt that apply to like 40 percent of the people on the list though? Like Mangog, HP Doomsday, Mongul, Validus, etc...

We didnt rank them because they couldnt glide, when ranked them where they re at due to what they have achieved. Mangog is Odin biggest threat... he fears him and the only thing he can do is jump from place to place. In a fight, Mangog would destroy most on that list and any High Herald but hey, he cant fly and can bfred, so that means he sucks. Also, Hulk have showings that proves he can counter bfr.

If all they can do is jump then yeah I agree that limits how high we can rate them.

Obviously doesnt mean they suck lol.

Scans of Hulk countering teleportation? Or being left to float in space after the battlefield is destroyed?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 01:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Darth Thor
If all they can do is jump then yeah I agree that limits how high we can rate them.

Obviously doesnt mean they suck lol.

Scans of Hulk countering teleportation? Or being left to float in space after the battlefield is destroyed?

Already posted it. It doesnt counteract the times he was bfred but there.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 01:18 PM
Darth Thor

^ Ah Soz missed that.

Well he has as much of a right to be classified trans tier as any other trans tier brick has, thats for sure.

I just personally see trans tier as being more versatile. But maybe thats just me.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 01:21 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by leonidas
our character has all the knowledge WE have, is that correct? for example, if i were to choose ss, because i, leo, know kryptonite exists and what it is, ss would have also have full knowledge of k-nite and could create it? it's also a bit of a question and it's rarely addressed directly. with the limited number of characters in this tier, i just wanna make sure what i might and might not be able to do if i can find someone i like.

Yes thumb up

That sums it up well.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 04:38 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ok i'm going to very tentatively say i'm drafting professor q. there is a good chance, very good, that i may not be able to get a post done next week though. school has just started and even a single post will be challenging to finish so don't hate me if i drop by and say i can't do it. you have more than enough anyway that participation is pretty irrelevant. if i can get something together prof q will be my girl though. thumb up

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 01:10 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by leonidas
ok i'm going to very tentatively say i'm drafting professor q. there is a good chance, very good, that i may not be able to get a post done next week though. school has just started and even a single post will be challenging to finish so don't hate me if i drop by and say i can't do it. you have more than enough anyway that participation is pretty irrelevant. if i can get something together prof q will be my girl though. thumb up

TRANSLATION

LEONIDAS IS DISQUALIFIED!!!!!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 03:19 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Tournament update:

Okay so this is the list so far:

Carver - Amazo

LoB - Super Boy Prime

DS- World Breaker Hulk (Gigantic version)

Adam Grimes- Fernus

ID- Dr. Fate

Smurph - The Doctor

XJL - Kal Kent

Beatboks - Pre New 52 Obsidian

Eon Blue - Jenny Quantum

Leonidas - Professor Q

Damborgson - Thanos (maybe)

REGISTRATION ENDS TOMORROW ! IF YOU STILL WANT TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST PICK BEFORE TOMORROW ENDS !!

Bentley? smile

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 05:25 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

So if damborg is a competitor to whom do we pm our one battle post to?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 09:36 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Also, am worried with regards some of his judgements regarding my nerfing shifty

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 10:11 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I can't seem to find any particularly inspiring character to use in this tournament to be honest. if I pick Larfreeze can I use the constructs he has at any specific time of his run?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 12:09 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote