KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Citizen Steel vs Weapon H

Citizen Steel vs Weapon H
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Well, the fact that it took SBP and BL Kal (both of whom are easily trans-level) to take CS out doesn't exactly help prove that he is some low-level feeb.

"The Grand Admiral was smart and subtle, but never used his brilliance to show up or humiliate anyone.
He demanded results, but never perfection, and had amazing stores of patience for those who were truly working to their fullest ability.
It was a pity Thrawn's style of leadership hadn't spread through the rest of the navy.
If that happened, he suspected, the Empire would stand forever."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 12th, 2018 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Well, the fact that it took SBP and BL Kal (both of whom are easily trans-level) to take CS out doesn't exactly help prove that he is some low-level feeb.

Never said this. Just that as CS looked better compared to KC Supes in the Gog arc, mainstream Supes did too in two other stories. As said, i would put them close together though if it comes down to "save the day"-mode there are few who could be able to follow.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:59 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
God of Thunder

Lol.

Interesting... Very interesting. Obviously I disagree for fairly evident reasons.

Bottom line is unsuited CS is no well above Superman for obvious reasons already cited and reasons that can easily be looked up.

Right, so like I said: his unsuited showing against Gog is the rule; not the exception.
His other non-suited showing does not contradict/lessen it in an way/shape/form. smile

Well then again unfortunately it really did not keep him in that supposed well above Superman level.

In the very same arc of JSA, mainstream Superman was shown clearly inferior to KC Superman.

...Yet not even KC Supes(along with a plethora of other powerhouses) could do what CS did. But yeah, the obvious conclusion is that it is a Superman-level feat.

Lol. thumb up

Speaking of KC Supes, it looked to me mainstream Clark looked better than him during The Kingdom. What with all the only one who was able to recover first from Gog's attack to be able to actually tank a blast that punched a hole into hypertime. Still I wouldn't go around proclaiming mainstream Supes is clearly superior to KC Supes. I would need more than that.

Indeed Mammoth did appear to drop him after a lengthy fight... But then CS KO'd Mammoth in the very next issue(a few minutes later), so...

You mean when Icicle froze him to ~ absolute zero, which stopped his movement? Are you seriously trying THIS hard to lowball? Jesus...

And he has also grossly outpreformed Atom Smasher, and shown that he is nigh-immune to all-out PG-level strength...In the SAME series. But yeah, lets ignore stuff like that, lol.

Not only dropped him, he had a clear upper hand and was ragdolling him on a majority of the panels. He ko'd him later only by surprise(cheapshot). There's really no so. One clearly holds more weight.

Yes Icicle. A meta stopped him on his tracks. For a guy who's supposed to be virtually unstoppable he was easily beaten here.

He did out perform Al. By the same token he was severely outperformed by him in a similar situation.

Not ignoring. I'm merely cataloguing all his not so great showings which seem to outweigh his one or two great ones.

How long are you going to cling to this?

Either the core was exerting some sort of esoteric weakening effect(which is why his "power was waning" and why the JSA were ALL sidelined and NONE of them were attempting to help CS), or it was flagrant PIS, as PG appeared to have overpowered two of those same aliens alone... And in the very next issue we learned that all-out PG-level strength can cause CS NO damage whatsoever.

Again you are disregarding his other not so great showings in order to categorize this as pis. Completely disagree. And you are adding facts to a scene which there's not even concrete proof of.

Of course he doesn't. CS is a c-lister.

This is a forum battle, though.

Literally everything. Don't play coy, lol.

To the contrary, I have acknowledged EVERY bit of lowballing you have come up with, and provided MULTIPLE high-end showings for CS. You just ignore/downplay them, cuz reasons...

Seems to me ure lowballing his lows which outweigh his few highs.

And again you haven't answered simple questions that I've asked like three times now.
Who has he beaten worth of note? Which high tiered opponents has he taken down in an actual fight?

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 11:46 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Couldve sworn Superboy ripped through BL Kal with his TK.

On ignore list: Darksaint

Last edited by carver9 on Sep 13th, 2018 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:57 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:02 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Never said this. Just that as CS looked better compared to KC Supes in the Gog arc, mainstream Supes did too in two other stories. As said, i would put them close together though if it comes down to "save the day"-mode there are few who could be able to follow.
Mainstream Superman didn't really look better than CS in SCW, at least in terms of durability.

As you can see in your scan, SBP thrusted Aquaman's sword at CS, which literally shattered on impact. He was hurt sure, but he was basically being hit by possibly the physically strongest non-cosmic character in DC.

By comparison, SBP's heat vision at his weakest point in that entire arc cut through Superman like a hot knife through butter, and once he regained his strength he could manhandle Superman and a bunch of other heroes at once.

I think people are misrepresenting Galan a bit here. He's already said that he thinks that Superman is overall more formidable than CS, even if CS doesn't have the suit. He just thinks that CS without his suit is physically stronger, and that he is more durable. And if the Gog showing is his only unsuited showing? Yeah I can see why. The intention within the arc was fairly clear.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime
Thinking About You

Citizen Steel is every bit as impressive as he's cracked up to be. My main hesitation here though, is the adamantium. In normal circumstances, sure, we can't transfer feats between characters. I see adamantium as basically it's own character though. Whether it's Wolverine stabbing Thanos or Lady Deathstrike piercing Monet with a touch, it seems like a feat for our favorite comic metal rather than the characters.

I lean to the side that Weapon H could cut CS personally, although there have been people immune to adamantium before.

I'm always watching.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 13th, 2018 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:35 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

immune to adamantium? you mean people who couldn't be cut? i'm sure there have been a couple (besides ultron) but i can't think of anyone off hand. i def think CS could be cut by WH as well though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:58 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by leonidas
immune to adamantium? you mean people who couldn't be cut? i'm sure there have been a couple (besides ultron) but i can't think of anyone off hand. i def think CS could be cut by WH as well though.

Carver. And yes that is a comic book character not just our long term lovable poster

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:20 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

(please log in to view the image)

"I am about to go in the kitchen and see if I can make tin foil make the ripping noise."
"I tried ripping metal...just wouldn't work for me."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:32 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

How long were you waiting to post that?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:33 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StyleTime
Citizen Steel is every bit as impressive as he's cracked up to be. My main hesitation here though, is the adamantium. In normal circumstances, sure, we can't transfer feats between characters. I see adamantium as basically it's own character though. Whether it's Wolverine stabbing Thanos or Lady Deathstrike piercing Monet with a touch, it seems like a feat for our favorite comic metal rather than the characters.

I lean to the side that Weapon H could cut CS personally, although there have been people immune to adamantium before.

Who are you going with?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Originally posted by -K-M-
How long were you waiting to post that?
I have a few better ones now. I just need to crop them

"I am about to go in the kitchen and see if I can make tin foil make the ripping noise."
"I tried ripping metal...just wouldn't work for me."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:44 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by leonidas

Colossus springs to mind.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 06:28 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol oh yeah, that is a pretty obvious one.... but he's not immune, rather logan isn't strong enough. it's always been my impression that anyone with enough strength and logan's claws could cut pretty much anything excepting maybe energy shields. superman with the claws would dice petey up like he was made of tissue paper for example.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 11:56 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Bottom line is unsuited CS is no well above Superman for obvious reasons already cited and reasons that can easily be looked up.

Speaking of KC Supes, it looked to me mainstream Clark looked better than him during The Kingdom. What with all the only one who was able to recover first from Gog's attack to be able to actually tank a blast that punched a hole into hypertime. Still I wouldn't go around proclaiming mainstream Supes is clearly superior to KC Supes. I would need more than that.
Please.

KC Supes is indeed stronger than mainstream Superman(even the most avid Superman fans here agree with that.) Yet not even KC Supes + Thunderbolt + Alan Scott + Power Girl + Starman + Stargirl (etc.) could drop Gog.

...Then CS waltzes up, takes off his suit, and drops him with TWO punches. The intent of that showing is flagrantly clear -- it was obviously not something that Superman alone could have done. Again, you're just going out of your way to lowball that feat in this particular thread/discussion. What you're doing here isn't exactly subtle, lol.

Well then again unfortunately it really did not keep him in that supposed well above Superman level.
Eh, wut? His only other unsuited showing doesn't lessen his unsuited showing against Gog in any way/shape/form. I suggest you reread the issue if you're seriously trying to pretend otherwise.

Not only dropped him, he had a clear upper hand and was ragdolling him on a majority of the panels. He ko'd him later only by surprise(cheapshot). There's really no so. One clearly holds more weight.
I'm fine with him appearing in over 100 issues, and only having 1 legit lower-end feat. Hardly enough to counterbalance his highs, lol.

Yes Icicle. A meta stopped him on his tracks. For a guy who's supposed to be virtually unstoppable he was easily beaten here.
Stop going out of your way to lowball. This is some carv-level stuff right here.

Icicle was able to stop CS by freezing his metallic body to ~ absolute zero. Why are you pretending like that is some kind of low-end showing? Freeze attacks of that magnitude have stopped some of the most powerful beings in comics.

He did out perform Al. By the same token he was severely outperformed by him in a similar situation.
Cool, so it's a wash. smile

Not ignoring. I'm merely cataloguing all his not so great showings which seem to outweigh his one or two great ones.
You are lowballing. It's obvious.

Again you are disregarding his other not so great showings in order to categorize this as pis. Completely disagree. And you are adding facts to a scene which there's not even concrete proof of.
I am simply mentioning the *only* two options. You just want to pretend like the alien was legitimately more powerful than CS, but that does NOT work for reasons I've already mentioned... Reasons you're opting to ignore in favor of lowballing.

Seems to me ure lowballing his lows which outweigh his few highs.
Irony, much?

And again you haven't answered simple questions that I've asked like three times now.
Who has he beaten worth of note? Which high tiered opponents has he taken down in an actual fight?
He's a c-lister. His nature isn't to come in and drop every baddie he's up against, like Superman does.

That said, CS has MORE than enough showings for us to know the level at which he can operate in a FORUM battle. Baselessly lowballing does not change that. smile

"The Grand Admiral was smart and subtle, but never used his brilliance to show up or humiliate anyone.
He demanded results, but never perfection, and had amazing stores of patience for those who were truly working to their fullest ability.
It was a pity Thrawn's style of leadership hadn't spread through the rest of the navy.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Originally posted by NemeBro
I think people are misrepresenting Galan a bit here. He's already said that he thinks that Superman is overall more formidable than CS, even if CS doesn't have the suit. He just thinks that CS without his suit is physically stronger, and that he is more durable. And if the Gog showing is his only unsuited showing? Yeah I can see why. The intention within the arc was fairly clear.
It's just cele.

But yeah, CS isn't beating someone like Superman in a forum battle -- Supes is too fast/versatile for CS to ever legitimately challenge him. If it were a pure 'tit for tat' slugfest, however, we have every reason to believe that an all-out/unsuited CS is above Superman's strength tier, and just as durable(if not moreso)... I really don't think I'm being illogical here. /shrug

Originally posted by StyleTime

That's fair. thumb up

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:39 PM
Senor Cage

The Steel's are truly durable. Captain Steel (earth 2) was able to endure the fire pits of Apokolips. Insane.

Sig created by One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
God of Thunder

Please.

KC Supes is indeed stronger than mainstream Superman(even the most avid Superman fans here agree with that.) Yet not even KC Supes + Thunderbolt + Alan Scott + Power Girl + Starman + Stargirl (etc.) could drop Gog.

...Then CS waltzes up, takes off his suit, and drops him with TWO punches. The intent of that showing is flagrantly clear -- it was obviously not something that Superman alone could have done. Again, you're just going out of your way to lowball that feat in this particular thread/discussion. What you're doing here isn't exactly subtle, lol.

lol.. I'm not sure why you keep rehashing the showing. We've all seen it. You've repeated it multiple times. So with the way you're treating this showing, can a non holding back CS overpower a serious Alan Scott? Can he overpower a serious Thunderbolt? Just wondering how far you would take this showing.

This showing is no different than Lightning beating Scythe when earlier Alan Scott, Doctor Fate, Jay Garrick, Mr. Terrific, Wildcat, and her were getting obliterated. So now the "intent" of this showing "is flagrantly clear--it was obviously not something that" Alan Scott, Doctor Fate, or Jay Garrick "alone could have done"? Please....

Eh, wut? His only other unsuited showing doesn't lessen his unsuited showing against Gog in any way/shape/form. I suggest you reread the issue if you're seriously trying to pretend otherwise.

You misunderstand. It didn't lessen that showing. It added nothing to the notion that a nonsuited CS is well above Superman.

I'm fine with him appearing in over 100 issues, and only having 1 legit lower-end feat. Hardly enough to counterbalance his highs, lol.

Stop going out of your way to lowball. This is some carv-level stuff right here.

Icicle was able to stop CS by freezing his metallic body to ~ absolute zero. Why are you pretending like that is some kind of low-end showing? Freeze attacks of that magnitude have stopped some of the most powerful beings in comics.

Honestly that's closer to his norm when you look at the whole picture.

Interesting to see u say that considering the pedestal you seem to be putting him on. But maybe that is so. Still it doesn't help his case here.
http://oi64.tinypic.com/313fvyu.jpg
http://oi66.tinypic.com/dmu0kx.jpg
http://oi65.tinypic.com/ose9sj.jpg

Cool, so it's a wash. smile

You are lowballing. It's obvious.

A wash with Atom Smasher does not look good for him though with the level you have him correct?

How is it lowballing when he is not portrayed in the gog showing a majority of the time? I think you've got your definitions crossed.

I am simply mentioning the *only* two options. You just want to pretend like the alien was legitimately more powerful than CS, but that does NOT work for reasons I've already mentioned... Reasons you're opting to ignore in favor of lowballing.

Irony, much?

He's a c-lister. His nature isn't to come in and drop every baddie he's up against, like Superman does.

That said, CS has MORE than enough showings for us to know the level at which he can operate in a FORUM battle. Baselessly lowballing does not change that. smile

Wrong. I'm bringing to the forefront the general trend of his showings when compared to others around his level. He most likely underperformed against the alien as opposed to let's say PG for example.
Here's a look at it again.
http://oi64.tinypic.com/w86gjn.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/16gye7q.jpg

Another comparison with PG.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2qtimog.jpg

Hell you made a big deal about him taking PG's "strongest punch"!
Here in another sparring session turned real with an enraged PG, Magog walks away like nothing after taking one to the face.
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2myq88y.jpg
http://oi66.tinypic.com/16a44t1.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/9puv0n.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/adj7yt.jpg
http://oi66.tinypic.com/158348j.jpg

Correct. He's not a Superman.
Superman and Mammoth.
http://i.imgur.com/y4Y7aEC.jpg

Citizen Steel and Mammoth. sad
http://oi68.tinypic.com/1z18rad.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/11ah8go.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/5lulpj.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2sb07zo.jpg

Suited, non-suited, enraged, serious, or whatever, he's no Superman let alone well above Superman.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:22 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Originally posted by Senor Cage
The Steel's are truly durable. Captain Steel (earth 2) was able to endure the fire pits of Apokolips. Insane.
thumb up

CS was also tanking blasts from Alan Scott's constructs(when Alan /w/ Starheart had gone bad and was trying to conqueror the earth):
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:22 PM