KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comicsgate, Gamersgate, FandomMeance

Comicsgate, Gamersgate, FandomMeance
Started by: Prof. T.C McAbe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Comicsgate, Gamersgate, FandomMeance

I more or less stumbled on those three on Twitter. They seem anti-SJW which I can understand, however, some accuse those "movements" of racism, bigotry and other. Since KMC has the finest of fans, what experience do you have, what do you think of those?

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 07:51 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

I was arguing on behalf of GamerGate since before its inception. A lot of them became that which they hate, but there are still a lot that focused on the "correct" message (Freedom of Speech, Corruption in Games Journalism, etc). I've also been following ComicsGate pretty thoroughly. I think a lot of their hearts are also in the right place, but I'm not entirely certain it's necessary to become an official group over it the way D&C and Ethan Van Schiver seem to want to happen.

I try to take each argument I have at the moment as opposed to labeling EVERYTHING "SJW" and washing my hands of it. I still want to enjoy what I want to enjoy, and I want to mock what I want to mock.

Never heard of FandomMeance...

-_-

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:53 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blight
I was arguing on behalf of GamerGate since before its inception. A lot of them became that which they hate, but there are still a lot that focused on the "correct" message (Freedom of Speech, Corruption in Games Journalism, etc). I've also been following ComicsGate pretty thoroughly. I think a lot of their hearts are also in the right place, but I'm not entirely certain it's necessary to become an official group over it the way D&C and Ethan Van Schiver seem to want to happen.

I try to take each argument I have at the moment as opposed to labeling EVERYTHING "SJW" and washing my hands of it. I still want to enjoy what I want to enjoy, and I want to mock what I want to mock.

Never heard of FandomMeance...

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. The FandomMeance is the same just with SW. Against gender politics and SJW stuff in SW.

I see good opinions on both sides and for sure, a lot of the anti-SJW people became as obsessed and b/w thinking as those they despise. Though the majority I read stuff from is decent in my eyes and just wants to enjoy their hobby, be it games, comics or SW, without being preached to some propaganda and their favorite characters being treated like trash just for political reasons only.

This made me think a bit. I stopped buying DC and Marvel comics, before that I spend about 50-100 € each month on them IIRC. Now I want to support something, enjoy new fresh stories and games etc. I support one Indigogo Campaign and think there should be an alternative to the established brands (even the smaller ones). A new movement. However, a lot of those "comicsgate" comics didn't appeal to me, mostly because of the art.

Anyone here has an idea where to find the alternative superhero comics?

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 11:53 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. The FandomMeance is the same just with SW. Against gender politics and SJW stuff in SW.

I see good opinions on both sides and for sure, a lot of the anti-SJW people became as obsessed and b/w thinking as those they despise. Though the majority I read stuff from is decent in my eyes and just wants to enjoy their hobby, be it games, comics or SW, without being preached to some propaganda and their favorite characters being treated like trash just for political reasons only.

This made me think a bit. I stopped buying DC and Marvel comics, before that I spend about 50-100 € each month on them IIRC. Now I want to support something, enjoy new fresh stories and games etc. I support one Indigogo Campaign and think there should be an alternative to the established brands (even the smaller ones). A new movement. However, a lot of those "comicsgate" comics didn't appeal to me, mostly because of the art.

Anyone here has an idea where to find the alternative superhero comics?
The only one that came close to appealing to me was Cyber Frog, because I love Ethan Van Sciver art. Otherwise nothing has jumped out to me. I do like that he seems to be in the process of making his own printing company, which could help out more Independents on the "wrong" side of social justice.

-_-

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:28 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote