KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan vs. Thrawn

Revan vs. Thrawn
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Thrawn was so far above everyone around him that he considered others to be master tacticians if they could simply comprehend his plans/strategies after they were explained. This is because Thrawn was typically so many steps ahead of his peers that most of them still couldn't grasp the bigger picture, even when they were literally told what his plans were.
What about admiral Trench, he was literally a 20 year old strategy legend.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:20 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

@Wolf:

There are several allusions to how little attention Anakin payed to his military training in TCW. He is renowned through the galaxy though, it’s mentioned during his siege of Ryloth, with admiral reacting in relative terror upon discovering he was facing down Skywalker and expecting to be renowned throughout the galaxy for beating him.

You’re right about Trench and experience though, partially. Trench rose to prominence through a war on his homeworld, like Thrawn he rapidly rose through the ranks based on ingenuity and ruthless tactics, not on the back of an education. There’s a good passage on him in The Essential Guide to Warfare if you’re interested.

Agreed on spinning wheels though. My only point was that attempting to scale Thrawn and claim that makes him better than Revan is fallible and disappointing, as arguments go.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I meant 200, it won’t let me edit now.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:13 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote