KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

DCEU: Cavill out as Superman
Started by: WolvesofBabylon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

Do they recast? Or just start over?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12...niverse-movies/

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:11 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Leave Superman alone for now. It's obvious many people have not liked this take on the character.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:21 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Always thought he looked the part very well, but we never really got to see him be a fully realized Superman. The closest we got were the few glimpses in Justice League. I would have liked to have seen what he could do when given more of a chance to, well, BE Superman. Oh well.

They will probably recast. I don't think they will do a complete reboot. Perhaps a soft one so they can keep the WW movie in continuity.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:24 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No surprise here. Still, it's a shame. I thought he did fine with the role and I enjoyed MoS.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:28 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If Cavill and Affleck are both gone then just reboot! Can carry on the Gadot Wonder Woman films as a separate entity.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

They need to start over. It's beyond time.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:37 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's almost like he just wanted an excuse to leave and the Shazam thing gave him the chance. Cuz I mean, walking over a cameo? Lol.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 02:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It's almost like he just wanted an excuse to leave and the Shazam thing gave him the chance. Cuz I mean, walking over a cameo? Lol.

His contract was up so he was negotiating a new rate going forward with them I guess.

Shame he never got a chance to shine in a well received Superman film.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 03:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Just reboot the entire DCEU. DC needs to admit defeat.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 04:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
His contract was up so he was negotiating a new rate going forward with them I guess.

Shame he never got a chance to shine in a well received Superman film.

Yeah a shame. Still, remember that one time he snapped Zod's neck? LOL!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 04:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

They should just start over with Shazam

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 04:33 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Cavill was well cast, too bad the writing/directing didn let him fully flesh out the character. Same with Wonder Woman.

Wonder where this leaves the 2020 Flashpoint based film. Though I guess they could potentially use that film to do a soft reboot due to time travel/alternate realities.

Imo, they should scrap everything planned and do a hard reboot after two-three years.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

what a shame.but why?, just why??, why!!!!!!????? somebody under the heavens tell me why!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 05:43 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

There really wont be another like cavill, this is a shame.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 05:44 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

They don't have the guts to start all over again.

They'll go back to the stand-alone formula. They kinda already have; see the Phoenix Joker film.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 06:00 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Rumors already starting that the next Superman could be cast as a *gasp* not White actor. Michael B. Jordan and an Asian man I've not heard of have been thrown around. Would be funny as certain people would lose their shit.

I think Cavill's counterpart in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Armie Hammer could be a good fit. He has the look, is a decent actor and would only be around 35 in 3 or so years.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 06:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
James T. Kirk
Captain

Originally posted by Impediment
Just reboot the entire DCEU. DC needs to admit defeat.
This.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:13 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

LOL, you died. LOL LOL you died.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:22 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
James T. Kirk
Captain

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
LOL, you died. LOL LOL you died.
What?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:23 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Never mind. Inside joke that only I would get.

I'm just not that upset by this. It isn't Cavill's fault that the DCEU ended up faring so poorly, but he wasn't very good in the role, and I think letting him go was a wise decision.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:46 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote