KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

DCEU: Cavill out as Superman
Started by: WolvesofBabylon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

So Open Minded.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 06:52 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So Open Minded.
I am. It is a fact Thanos made 2 billion while the dceu cannot even crack 1 billion.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 06:55 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Really? I seem to recall that that movie had more characters in it then just One Big Purple Prune Chinned one.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 07:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Really? I seem to recall that that movie had more characters in it then just One Big Purple Prune Chinned one.
He is the lead character just like Batman v Superman had more than those two. As usual you cannot accept reality. Thanos made bank the dceu chumps did not. Look at justice league, idiot.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 07:46 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ The audience screamed for Thors mega entrance.

Thats where the excitement was at for IW. He impaled Thanos.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 12:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Funny some morons were bragging the first films of DCEU made more money than the first films of MCU. Then Justice League came and there wasn't any talk about box office.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:16 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

Too bad about Cavill. He could have easily already been in at least 2 more stand-alone Superman films; there's no reason this couldn't already have happened if the studios had handled this better. What a HUGE missed opportunity.

I am a huge fan of Superman: Man of Steel (2013), which was the first Superman film Cavill starred in - it's my all-time favorite Superman film, my all time favorite interpretation of the character, and one of the top five best superhero films - ever (And, this is from a guy in his late 40's - who grew up with the Christopher Reeve films back in the day). One of the many reasons I really liked the film were the scenes on Krypton in the beginning - where were almost certainly inspired by John Byrne's rebooted Superman comics circa 1986 (post-Crisis on Infinite Earths).

That being said, I hated the Superman/Batman film (the casting of Affleck as Batman was crap, as was the story), and hated the Justice League film as well - both were huge, steaming piles of s$%#.

There is no reason the studio couldn't have made 2 additional stand-alone Superman films instead of those other two.

Again, very poorly handled. Cavill was wasted on the Batman/Superman & Justice League films.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:22 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Funny some morons were bragging the first films of DCEU made more money than the first films of MCU. Then Justice League came and there wasn't any talk about box office.

That was always the most retarded argument to compare the DCEU with the MCU.

Even at that time I kept calling Justice League wont make Avengers money because its simply not as loved by audiences.

Heck I even called it wont make as much as Ragnarok.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 05:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. Disney/Marvel have got the mass audiences pretty well brainwashed now.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 06:11 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That was always the most retarded argument to compare the DCEU with the MCU.

Even at that time I kept calling Justice League wont make Avengers money because its simply not as loved by audiences.

Heck I even called it wont make as much as Ragnarok.

Yeah WB's Kept on putting out the DC movies hoping audiences would warm up to them regardless of quality.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 06:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Luckily, he was never in any good movies as Superman, so him leaving doesn't really bother me.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 09:52 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Silent Master
Luckily, he was never in any good movies as Superman, so him leaving doesn't really bother me.

That's debatable....

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 10:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah many people like MOS.

Besides it would be even more of a shame for such good casting to never get the opportunity to play the role in a great film.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 11:01 AM
juggerman

I liked MOS a lot but it felt like he never embraced his role as Superman. He being Clark not Henry. It felt like he was very unsure. I would have like to see Cavill star in a Superman movie where he's full on SUPERMAN and not that unsure inbetween guy. There were glimpses in JL that I liked but overall it never felt he got to go full fledged Superdude

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 11:25 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ The audience screamed for Thors mega entrance.

Thats where the excitement was at for IW. He impaled Thanos.
Thor has great moments in the film but this was a Thanos film. He took everything they had to offer and came out on top. When he snapped his finger I was like **** yeah the heroes lost. Thanos is the MCU at its height.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 12:24 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes. Disney/Marvel have got the mass audiences pretty well brainwashed now.
So they are doing their jobs. **** yes.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 12:25 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
So they are doing their jobs. **** yes.

if brainwashing people into wasting money on pointless filler and the same old same old... Yes.

Why be Creative when people will buy drek.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2018 06:49 AM
quanchi112
Disney

if brainwashing people into wasting money on pointless filler and the same old same old... Yes.

Why be Creative when people will buy drek.
That is what every company tries to do you moron. They are awesome you can continue to self harm over Disneys dominance.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2018 01:23 AM
Senor Cage

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 10:21 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Confusion galore the dceu. Get your shit together. Never competing with the MCU in this manner.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 10:26 PM