KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

DCEU: Cavill out as Superman
Started by: WolvesofBabylon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Rumors already starting that the next Superman could be cast as a *gasp* not White actor. Michael B. Jordan and an Asian man I've not heard of have been thrown around. Would be funny as certain people would lose their shit.

Yeah it is funny because they're ignorant people

there is a black superman and a asian one that does exist.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:33 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Just reboot the entire DCEU. DC needs to admit defeat.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:44 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I would like to see an adaptation of New 52's Earth 2.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:47 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Cranston would be THE perfect Lex, but he's a little too old, IMO.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:48 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And for phucks' sake, cast Mark Strong as Lex Luthor. Good actor and the man is absolutely perfect for the role.

I'm still convinced Jessie Eisenbergisraelgoldmenhebrewstein blew several people for that role and he must be an expect at giving head; as there is no way he nailed the role during casting sessions/readings. No way.
Mark Strong would be a fantastic Lex Luthor, but if Shazam is going to be part of the soft reboot he's already playing Dr. Sivana.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:57 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

DCEU is dead.. keep it buried..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I swear the role of Superman is like the defense against the dark arts position in Harry Potter: cursed.

Cavill got it easy.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:39 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:59 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's a very cryptic response form him.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Rumors already starting that the next Superman could be cast as a *gasp* not White actor. Michael B. Jordan and an Asian man I've not heard of have been thrown around. Would be funny as certain people would lose their shit.

I think Cavill's counterpart in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Armie Hammer could be a good fit. He has the look, is a decent actor and would only be around 35 in 3 or so years.

That would be terrible. Whoever wants that, needs to stop.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:20 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Even I honestly would kind of mind a non-white Superman tbh.

Superman's appearance, nearly his entire appearance, is so iconic, at least to me, that I don't want them to change much of anything.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so.. what role(s) is Cavill suited for if he chooses to jump ship to the MCU???

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so.. what role(s) is Cavill suited for if he chooses to jump ship to the MCU???

Captain Britain.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:38 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I want Captain Britain purely so we have the possibility of a mad Jamie Braddock, running around in his underwear and warping reality, down the line. big grin

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by NemeBro
Even I honestly would kind of mind a non-white Superman tbh.

Superman's appearance, nearly his entire appearance, is so iconic, at least to me, that I don't want them to change much of anything.
It's time DC does something new, their material is too stale.

Tangent Superman would actually be interesting.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:02 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Cavill was well cast, too bad the writing/directing didn let him fully flesh out the character. Same with Wonder Woman.

Wonder where this leaves the 2020 Flashpoint based film. Though I guess they could potentially use that film to do a soft reboot due to time travel/alternate realities.

Imo, they should scrap everything planned and do a hard reboot after two-three years.
Personally, I'd rather they just scrap it all.

On one hand, I really liked Cavills casting as Supes. He would have done great with the right script. On the other, they completely botched Flash, and he's my second favorite comic character of all time (right behind Spidey). Flashpoint and Flash need to be done justice, and I honestly don't think the DCEU is capable of delivering.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Mark Strong would be a fantastic Lex Luthor
Yeah I was hoping for him as Lex DCEU or Norman Osborn in the MCU. Eisenberg stands as the worst miscasting I've ever seen, and I'm not sure it can be topped.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:03 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

This is what happens when you make so many sh!t movies, decent actors will eventually get fed up and leave.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Mindset

I can agree that a specific Tangent Superman film could be very cool, but shit like that is just a pipe dream IMHO. A black Superman alone I could see going fine with the normie cinema-goers, but a black Superman who isn't a Kryptonian and instead has psychic powers who is named Harvey Dent is too much for the normies that make superhero movies their big boy bucks.

If we're going the route of alternate universe Supermen, I could see one based on Earth 23's Kalel being a possibility. Tangent is just too weird IMO.

It would be cool though. thumb up

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:26 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Mindset

Tangent Superman? Lol no. Make it Val-Zod if anything.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:36 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote