KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

DCEU: Cavill out as Superman
Started by: WolvesofBabylon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Peter Dinklage for Superman.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:37 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Captain Britain.

I would love that...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
And for phucks' sake, cast Mark Strong as Lex Luthor. Good actor and the man is absolutely perfect for the role.

I'm still convinced Jessie Eisenbergisraelgoldmenhebrewstein blew several people for that role and he must be an expect at giving head; as there is no way he nailed the role during casting sessions/readings. No way.

Well Strong is Sivana in Shazam, so that cuts out that possibility.

Rumour has it that Jesse was originally cast as Riddler, and Bryan Cranston as Luthor, but when Cranston wasnt available they just changed Jesse to Luthor, but let him carry on playing him like Riddler.

What a f*** up if true.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 05:15 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Peter Dinklage for Superman.

That would be so ridiculous it would be more entertaining than anything DC has put out.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 05:30 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well what if DC just followed the new trend of cashing in on the oversea's market and make a movie about Kenan Kong...played by John Cho

For those that don't know this is what I'm referring to

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 06:31 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Tangent Superman? Lol no. Make it Val-Zod if anything.

The Tangent Universe was f.ucking cool. I'd watch a movie series about a black villain Superman and female anarchist hero Joker taking place in a dystopian United States thirty years after nuclear warfare.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 06:53 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 11:47 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cavill on Instagram trolling people makes me think this isn't quite as done and dusted as it seems.

Far as black superman goes. Sure, just not prime universe Kal-El. There are tons of alternate options.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cavill on Instagram trolling people makes me think this isn't quite as done and dusted as it seems.

Probably still negotiating which is why WB would not confirm one way or another what is going on. A bit strange though that WB would just not say that. Dont remember Marvel keeping it a secret when Downeys renegotiations were in doubt after his initial contract was up.

Either way they have made it clear there are no plans for an MOS2. So if Superman does appear it will be like an Iron Man or a Hulk in some other superhero’s film.

If negotiations fail (and it does look pretty negative), then I just think we wont see Superman at all for a few years.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Well crap!

RIP DCEU

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Last edited by HulkIsHulk on Sep 13th, 2018 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:36 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Man, it is a shame. I legitimately think Man of Steel is a great film, the second or first best (perhaps behind Richard Donner's Superman: The Movie) Superman movie ever made. It went awry from there, but I loved MoS.

I've said it before, but how Superman keeps getting messed up is disappointing. The massive amounts of lore in the comics from which to draw as well as previous media adaptations that have captured Clark in various entertaining ways (especially the DC Animated Dini/Timm-verse, still IMO perhaps the best shared universe on-screen save maybe the MCU) should make it almost impossible, but alas, here we are.

Thought Cavill was great, just had the wrong teams with the wrong gameplan for his Superman take.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:02 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Batman vs Superman ruined DC in my opinion. That movie should have never happened. Man of Steel was good not great but still a decent movie. They should have went with a MOS 2 with Lex but a different Lex and left out Batman and Doomsday. Then MOS 3/4 could have been a two part movie with Doomsday and the Death/Return of Superman.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:43 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro
Mark Strong would be a fantastic Lex Luthor, but if Shazam is going to be part of the soft reboot he's already playing Dr. Sivana.
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Strong is Sivana in Shazam, so that cuts out that possibility.

Rumour has it that Jesse was originally cast as Riddler, and Bryan Cranston as Luthor, but when Cranston wasnt available they just changed Jesse to Luthor, but let him carry on playing him like Riddler.

What a f*** up if true.

GDI, forgot about that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

A few people have brought up alternate-reality Superman stories in here, imo, Superman: Red Son could potentially be good if adapted to live action properly. Have it set in the 80's, people love that.

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 13th, 2018 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Robtard
GDI

GDI?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:59 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by steverules_2
GDI?

God Damn It.

As in I'll never get my Mark Strong Lex Luthor.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:16 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'd like DCCU to go full Elseworlds but that's not going to happen with the normies as the prime target.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:48 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Tangent Universe was f.ucking cool. I'd watch a movie series about a black villain Superman and female anarchist hero Joker taking place in a dystopian United States thirty years after nuclear warfare.

Bingo, Harvey Dent was a great character. A Superman with crazy psychic powers. Idris Elba could do it.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 05:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'd like DCCU to go full Elseworlds but that's not going to happen with the normies as the prime target.

If the Joker movie does well, and the DCEU continues to crumble, then they likely would move in that direction.

But now that you mention it, Since they are doing Elseworlds why not just Reboot the DCEU, and carry on the Gadot Wonder Woman films separately?

No point in clinging onto an entire failed shared universe for just 1 successful part of it.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 05:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or what about doing "Red Son"? Would be awesome.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 05:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote