KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

He used a mind trick last time at the end of the last issue tho right?

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This issue made it clear that Barr was exploiting the clones' "programming"... Which makes sense given that the files in his library detailed Order 66 and Kamino(among much more.)

Tbh, the issue implies that the clones attacked the Inquisitors because they were former Jedi. But again, that doesn't make sense to me because Vader is also a former Jedi and the clones never turned on him. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Meh-ville.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:51 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Your hypocrisy and double standards knows now bounds.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 07:22 AM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

that order 66 thing worked because Bar did a mind trick to the clones too, right? Aniway, it's like the second time they remind us that Vos is still alive, and in this issue it's been implied that Verla may find him and train with him. I mean, Barr told her to go find Kenobi, Yoda or Vos, but I think Vos is the most likely one to be found by her. That is, if they don't completely forget this plot point and just move on as if nothing happened

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Your hypocrisy and double standards knows now bounds.
?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 12:42 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Total Warrior
that order 66 thing worked because Bar did a mind trick to the clones too, right? Aniway, it's like the second time they remind us that Vos is still alive, and in this issue it's been implied that Verla may find him and train with him. I mean, Barr told her to go find Kenobi, Yoda or Vos, but I think Vos is the most likely one to be found by her. That is, if they don't completely forget this plot point and just move on as if nothing happened

I don't think he did. That even said, it's still dumb because the orders should only be activated by the Supreme Chancellor or Senate.

Even then, still having that order around while they are hunting Jedi is redundant....why do they need an order if what they are doing is hunting Jedi anyway?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'm not sure what's more sad. The fact that Order 66 can just be activated like that or that 3 Inquisitors could barely handle 12 troopers.

Still...an interesting set of events I suppose.

Thats nothing new in Star Wars. Remember when Ki Adi Mundi and Alaya Secura died to Clone Troopers as well?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 03:53 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Inquisitors were never exactly bad asses were they? But yeah it’s very odd that he could activate that, it’s cool none the less

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:17 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Horror

According to Matt Martin, 9th Sister still lives.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Horror a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Horror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Thats nothing new in Star Wars. Remember when Ki Adi Mundi and Alaya Secura died to Clone Troopers as well?

Difference, big difference there.

Mundi had been engaged in battle for who knows how long given the state he was in and he was caught completely by surprise.

Secura was also caught by surprise.

The biggest difference was, they were alone. There were 3 Inquisitors there and it's not like they were surprised by the Order given the comments beforehand. The clones weren't even veterans from the Clone Wars but activated after Order 66 had been activated, so the best that these clones have is the training on Kamino...if that.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 14th, 2018 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Zenwolf, I believe those were death troopers, they are like special forces. We saw them in action in Rogue one and they were pretty efficient

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Zenwolf, I believe those were death troopers, they are like special forces. We saw them in action in Rogue one and they were pretty efficient

Those aren't DT no, they are Inquisitor Troopers, an expendable death squad used by the Inquisitors that were activated after Order 66.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 14th, 2018 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:45 PM
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Difference, big difference there.

Mundi had been engaged in battle for who knows how long given the state he was in and he was caught completely by surprise.

Secura was also caught by surprise.

The biggest difference was, they were alone. There were 3 Inquisitors there and it's not like they were surprised by the Order given the comments beforehand. The clones weren't even veterans from the Clone Wars but activated after Order 66 had been activated, so the best that these clones have is the training on Kamino...if that.

Very true

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 10:27 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

that order 66 thing worked because Bar did a mind trick to the clones too, right?
Nah, he essentially just exploited a 'flaw' in their programming by activating Order 66:

(please log in to view the image)

It was also stated that the clones would turn against Barr and Verla after they killed the Inquisitors... Which wouldn't have been the case if Barr himself were pulling their strings via a mind trick or w/e.

Nope. The Death Troopers were regarded as elite soldiers within the Empire. These were just expendable n00bs:

*Their armor is also noticeably different from the DT's.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Barring the grand inquisitor the inquisitors are not that skilled it seems

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:24 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

They are probably average Jedi fodder level, on par with those that we saw dying in the movies against droids and clones. If I recall correclty someone on twitter even said that most of them were padawans, so...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:42 PM
Zenwolf

They are probably average Jedi fodder level, on par with those that we saw dying in the movies against droids and clones. If I recall correclty someone on twitter even said that most of them were padawans, so...

I'm not so sure even that, even Zett was able to get outside the Jedi Temple and kill 7 Clones before getting shot down. Which isn't even taking into account what Clones he might have fought inside the Temple as he made his way out...and these were some of the best veteran Clones in the GAR, not recently activated.

As far as the Arena battle on Geonosis goes in AoTC, honestly I found what we see the Jedi do in the background look more impressive. Heck there's one shown surrounded by at least 6 droids, he cleaves through 3 of them, deflects a bolt from behind and then destroys the other 2.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:54 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh ok lol, Guess Vader’s training made them weaker rather than stronger. Especially considering that at the end of the day the only who was killed by the clones was Prosset Dib, who was a Jedi master and in the Mace Windu comic has some good combat feats, like cutting through several droids and even destroying a spider droid (not sure if it’s the right name). Working in the archives really made him rusty. Or he still hadn’t gotten accustomed to his new lightsaber

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:31 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Btw I’m not quoting you guys because for some reason my edit and quote icons don’t work

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:32 PM