KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

A very boring issue, which is why people here are debating about if it makes sense that Jedi have trouble with clones instead of the actual plot points.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 11:32 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Nah, he essentially just exploited a 'flaw' in their programming by activating Order 66:

(please log in to view the image)

It was also stated that the clones would turn against Barr and Verla after they killed the Inquisitors... Which wouldn't have been the case if Barr himself were pulling their strings via a mind trick or w/e.

Nope. The Death Troopers were regarded as elite soldiers within the Empire. These were just expendable n00bs:

*Their armor is also noticeably different from the DT's.

He is taking advantage of their programming, but he's also clearly using a mind trick.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 11:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ That was the final page of issue #16.

When the same scene was shown again in THIS issue, no 'emphasis' was placed on his finger gesture:

As mentioned: it was stated quite explicitly that Barr used a flaw in the Clones' programming to turn them against the Inquisitors(and that 'flaw' = the activation of Order 66)... No mind-trick mentioned or alluded to, at all. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 07:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 27th, 2019 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 27th, 2019 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 03:00 PM
Zenwolf

....What? The Force has a range limit now?

But anyway...it was nice I guess, though I think the art could have been a little better on Tarkin.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

More like Vader had a defined 'range' through which he could effectively use the force to attack his opponents back then(ie. not long after RotS.) Of course, we know said range increased dramatically over the years, but I don't at all mind the notion that his powers were limited to an extent when he was still relatively n00bish, and only 'scaled up' with time and training. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 11th, 2018 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 03:37 PM
Zenwolf

More like Vader had a defined 'range' through which he could effectively use the force to attack his opponents back then(ie. not long after RotS.) Of course, we know said range increased dramatically over the years, but I don't at all mind the notion that his powers were limited to an extent when he was still relatively n00bish, and only 'scaled up' with time and training. /shrug

I don't really see how he's noobish...it's not like his training and experience would go away. Though granted given his hack job, I guess it would be reasonable.

I dunno...just seems a little weird that it's actually noted there's a range limit. /Shrug

But I just hope that isn't used out of context if so.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't be bothered to read this shit anymore. It's just adds to the list of inconsistencies right?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I don't really see how he's noobish...it's not like his training and experience would go away. Though granted given his hack job, I guess it would be reasonable.

I dunno...just seems a little weird that it's actually noted there's a range limit. /Shrug

But I just hope that isn't used out of context if so.
Does it really contradict anything, though? Canonically speaking, I don't recall Anakin/Vader routinely using the force offensively across some vast distance during his Jedi or early Sith careers -- feats like those didn't come about until around the ESB era.

Anywho, I'm sure some will try to use that scene out of context. However, we must keep in mind that it is still a n00bish Vader in this issue(we're talking a year or two after the events of RotS.) He's still got nearly two decades of training to undergo before he starts getting up to those aforementioned/uber levels. That's why I don't have any problem at all with him only being able to apply his offensive force powers within his general vicinity during this period.

I guess I can understand why some will have a problem with it... /shrug

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:37 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

damn that was dope, love the Vader wank in this episode, Tarkin comes out looking good too... this paints Vader as more of a badass than all the films combined

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 11:23 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

I would like this comic series to be more about Vader hunting Jedi and less hunting fodder soldiers

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 08:17 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, almost every single issue so far has revolved around Vader hunting/killing remaining Jedi.

Hell, the only reason Vader asked Tarkin to hunt him in this issue was so that he could figure out what his own flaws were, thereby making him a more effective hunter of Jedi.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:50 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

More like he was bored.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:51 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

...Or that. thumb up

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:53 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tarkin def looks bad ass in this, coulda taken Vader out.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 11:23 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ya know about comic covers, does it ever annoy anyone when they show someone wielding something or just show something interesting...yet it never appears at all in the story? It's like...what's the point in showing it then?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 11:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

To get more people to buy the issue.

It's a common trope in comics, but still quite irritating at times.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 12:16 AM
Zenwolf

To get more people to buy the issue.

It's a common trope in comics, but still quite irritating at times.

I don't really see how it gets more people to buy but...ok I guess.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 12:37 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I don't really see how it gets more people to buy but...ok I guess.
"Superman is... dead? Find out how in this week's issue!

It was a ruse, Superman only died inside from his uncle molesting him! Tune in next week to find out how Superman murders his entire family (with kindness), and sprays their blood all over the walls (for Halloween decoration with food coloring), and cheats on his wife with Jimmy Olsen (with his penis and Jimmy's arse)"

Covers lie to put asses in seats. My favorite one is when Vulcan beats Gladiator on a cover and the audience is like "Oh darn, that's a scary dude", and then it turns out he gets one shotted. It's interesting, people want to see what happens, and why that happens.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 12:47 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote