KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Frying his circuitry? Wouldn't be a good thing.
I'm saying remove the mechanical components from an arm, and just let him shoot lightning from his stump.

Originally posted by RealistRacism
and they're the exact same stories we've gotten in every single Darth Vader comic ever.
Not at all.

I don't particularly like the artwork either, but this series has introduced quite a few unique concepts, if nothing else... /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 20th, 2018 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm saying remove the mechanical components from an arm, and just let him shoot lightning from his stump.

I'm pretty sure the stumps still have circuitry around them so he'd still be harming himself.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Tarkin story was gold.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:24 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by RealistRacism
I'm pretty surprised that everyone's been liking this comic series, tbh. The art is garbage and they're the exact same stories we've gotten in every single Darth Vader comic ever.

> New Jedi magically survives Order 66.
> Vader engages them, somewhat struggles but ultimately still wins.
> Some ominous ending statements from Sheev.

Rinse and repeat until wealthy.

I haven't liked it... This is the first arc that has been interesting.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:45 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's been nowhere near as interesting as the old seasoned pro, the mad scientist, or the thief and her psychotic mirror universe R2-D2 and C3PO.

But I still liked seeing Tarkin and Vader hunt each other. How many Imperial lived wasted, so Vader could be satisfied in his little game?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:49 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm not a big fan of the whole "hillbilly" Tarkin shit, so I can't say I was a fan of that issue. But at least it showed Vader and Tarkin respected one another, unlike the other Vader/Tarkin comic which presented them as rivals and made them act like teenagers. God, Wendig is such a hack.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:56 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Sheev

And yeah looks like Sidious is Vader's "father".

Wait... He is?

Originally posted by Galan007
Does this page imply that Palpatine did in fact create Anakin?:

(please log in to view the image)

Oh crap! They went there!

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 20th, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Now that I think of it, since he saw his mother’s ghost, why didn’t he try to save her too? He was completely emotionless. Also, do you think Vader would have come back to the light side had he been able to resurrect Padme?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:55 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I was wondering the same thing.

But he converted to the dark side and became Darth Vader while she was alive. So I doubt it. But she would have had the biggest chance to redeem him outside of Luke.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
It's been nowhere near as interesting as the old seasoned pro, the mad scientist, or the thief and her psychotic mirror universe R2-D2 and C3PO.

But I still liked seeing Tarkin and Vader hunt each other. How many Imperial lived wasted, so Vader could be satisfied in his little game?
The first series was definitely better as a whole, and the artwork was infinitely superior.

That said, this series did quite a bit of world-building for new canon, and for that I am grateful. Soule took a big risk on some of these concepts, and I'd say they paid off for the most part.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Also, do you think Vader would have come back to the light side had he been able to resurrect Padme?
No, definitely not.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Just a few bits of clarification from Soule... Stuff most of us already knew, but it's always nice to have definitive answers from the man himself:

*It should come as no surprise, but Soule is ignoring all questions pertaining to Palpatine's role in Anakin's creation, lol.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 11:35 PM
Darth Thor

^ Well theyre gonna have to address that st some point.

And im curious, did Palpatine specifically choose Shmi, or did he just do a random ritual which resulted in Shmi being up the duff?

In Legends/Plagueis it was obviously the latter. But the vision in this shows his hand over Shmis womb.

Either way I dont like Luke being the Grandson of Evil. Or even Anakin being the son of evil tbh.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 01:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Well theyre gonna have to address that st some point.

And im curious, did Palpatine specifically choose Shmi, or did he just do a random ritual which resulted in Shmi being up the duff?

In Legends/Plagueis it was obviously the latter. But the vision in this shows his hand over Shmis womb.

Either way I dont like Luke being the Grandson of Evil. Or even Anakin being the son of evil tbh.
Palpatine likely preformed some sort of esoteric/experimentory ritual, and the force just chose who it chose. I highly doubt he specifically targeted Shmi as the 'vessel' of said ritual, otherwise he almost certainly would have taken Anakin long before the events of TPM.

I'd guess the artwork in this comic makes it look a bit more 'purposeful' because they only had a single page(a mere three panels), with very little dialogue, in which to introduce the concept that Papatine created Anakin... And this was one of the best and most blatant ways to depict such:
https://i.imgur.com/8VN2Hv4.jpg

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 08:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Figured this may as well go here...

Comic book writer Kieron Gillen(the guy who wrote the first Vader series, created the character Doctor Aphra, and has done great things with his current run on the Star Wars series) recently announced in his newsletter that Star Wars #67 will be his final issue:

As of now, it's unknown if Disney/Marvel will continue the series beyond that.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 15th, 2019 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 03:45 PM
Darth Thor

^ Is it still carrying on between ANH and ESB?

If so I think it should have a limit on its run. That time period is jam packed now.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 04:38 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's set pretty much right before ESB now, but I agree. It would be nice if they skipped ahead a bit and had it take place between ESB and RotJ... If they continue the series, of course.

Imo, that is a more interesting(and far less explored) part of the timeline.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 15th, 2019 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 05:19 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah would be nice to see a canon take on Shadows of the Empire.

Would prefer it in animated form though, so wouldnt mind the comics just leaving that time period free. But doubt the cartoons will go back to the OT period now. They seem to want to keep things in the ST time period.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 06:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 6th, 2019 03:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 6th, 2019 03:08 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Meh, I wanna see more stuff about Jedi being hunted down by Vader/Inquisitors. Any news about that?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote