KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well Palps has to show superiority, otherwise Vader going to Luke and wanting him to take on the Emperor with him doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Even prior Canon with Vader having notes that he could kill the Emperor, the latter usually still had the edge in some capacity.
Oh I have no doubt that even in an all-out battle, Palps would still beat Vader down. I was just hoping we'd actually see something like that here, but I'm not so sure now. As mentioned, Vader is currently an emotional mess(which, as we know, tends to gimp a Force user's abilities), and he's also just submissively kneeling there with no obvious defenses prepared.

Who knows, though? Maybe Vader will collect himself, start raging out, and Palpatine will still proceed to rape him with an array of abilities(aside from just the typical lightning spam)... I'd much rather see that.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Oh I have no doubt that even in an all-out battle, Palps would still beat Vader down. I was just hoping we'd actually see something like that here, but I'm not so sure now. As mentioned, Vader is currently an emotional mess(which, as we know, tends to gimp a Force user's abilities), and he's also just submissively kneeling there with no obvious defenses prepared.

Who knows, though? Maybe Vader will collect himself, start raging out, and Palpatine will still proceed to rape him with an array of abilities(aside from just the typical lightning spam)... I'd much rather see that.

I could probably see the latter happening with Vader perhaps catching Sidious off guard(since he's kneeling) with TK only to then get thrown around and then blasted with lighting while suspended in the air.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

https://www.starwars.com/news/darth...clusive-preview)
Holy shit lmao Vader getting abused out here.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Certainly looks like Palpatine's lightning was so powerful that it was bypassing Vader's lightsaber defenses, and [significantly] injuring him. If so, that's a pretty absurd feat(one that we haven't seen before), and shows us the obvious: that post-ESB Palpatine's Force powers are FAR beyond what they were in RotS.

Also, Palpatine casually TK-plucking Vader's saber from him was like watching Snoke clown Rey.

Pretty monstrous displays from Sheev there.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

TBH, Vader was busy with the guards when Palps took his saber. I don't think he expected Palpatine to try take his lightsaber so i wouldn't say it was Snoke/Rey level clowning.
But i agree with the rest. Palpatine is monstrously powerful and i think at this point he is well beyond the likes of Vader or Yoda.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

It does look like Vader catches one of the Guards' pikes in the last panel, so I imagine he'll proceed to own them... and then Palpatine will crush him even further(especially now that he is saberless.)

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 05:46 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Didn’t think Sidious would have humbled Vader like this. I used to think Vader could give him a very close fight... It surprised me especially how Sidious took Vader’s saber off his hand so easily.. Granted that even Vos managed to do it against Dooku, but then Dooku was able to replicate the same feat a few seconds later. I have a feeling Vader would not be able to retrieve his lightsabers from his master’s hands if he wanted to.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The impressive part to me is how Palpatine's lightning overwhelmed Vader's f*cking lightsaber. Lightning passing through saber defenses like that is something we have literally never seen before.

Pretty unreal, tbh... It essentially means that a saber is completely worthless against Palpatine's power in this era.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 18th, 2020 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 06:05 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
The impressive part to me is how Palpatine's lightning overwhelmed Vader's f*cking lightsaber. Lightning passing through saber defenses like that is something we have literally never seen before.

Pretty unreal, tbh... It essentially means that a saber is completely worthless against Palpatine's power in this era.

Looks to me that the lighting is aiming at his hands, not the actual saber.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think the lightning is straight up breaching Vader's saber defenses, because Palpatine is just *that* powerful at this point.

First panel- the lightning hits Vader's saber and starts crawling into his hands:
(please log in to view the image)
*Palpatine even comments on Vader actively defending himself.

Second Panel- the lightning starts crawling up Vader's arms:

Third panel- the lightning is up to Vader's shoulders:

Fourth panel- Palpatine stops the barrage and Vader's entire body is smoking:

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 06:41 PM
Zenwolf

I dunno, looks to me the lighting is directly at his hands and just then coursing through his body and somewhat up the saber. Especially the 2nd panel it's actively going at Vader's hands and saber hilt, then just kinda crawls up along Vader's body.

Still nice though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 06:55 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Looks like the FL hit the saber at first, then just starting crawling around it and into Vader's body.

So it's either overwhelming the saber itself, or overwhelming Vaders ability to direct the lightning INTO the saber. Either feat is a gargantuan showing for Sidious.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Looks like the FL hit the saber at first, then just starting crawling around it and into Vader's body.

So it's either overwhelming the saber itself, or overwhelming Vaders ability to direct the lightning INTO the saber. Either feat is a gargantuan showing for Sidious.

The latter looks more plausible to me, locking Vader's hands to keep him from moving the saber.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:34 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Glad sid is getting some new feat

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Yeah, It's a really good feat for Palpatine. It looks like his FL hits Vader's lightsaber and then crawling through Vader body, from his hands to his helmet

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 08:14 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It’s very cool yeah

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 09:24 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

But let’s see the whole fight before jumping to conclusions

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 09:25 PM
xPRIMEx

Sidious is too damn op

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 03:07 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Hopefully Vader will put up more of a fight

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 03:08 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Doubt it, but we'll see. One of the big reasons for the fight seems to be that Vader lost his edge after Luke rejected him and now Sidious is trying to kick him back into shape, as well as punish him.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 03:18 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote