KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scizard
Well that was lame, didn't even directly fight.
Likely wouldn't have gone much different than their first 'fight', judging by how casually Palpatine raped the Summa-Verminoth. /shrug

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Yeah, This issue makes previous stories pointless imo. I mean the reason the comic gave for Vader becoming Palaptine's apprentice again wasnt very convincing
And it also added more plot holes to the sequels........
I think the angle Pak is going here is that Vader realized the "secrets" Palpatine was hoarding on Exegol gave him tremendous(bordering insurmountable) power. He obviously couldn't stand against power of that magnitude himself(not only Palpatine's own power, but his vats of clone proxies and fleet of kyber-powered/world-busting Star Destroyers)... But Vader was willing to embrace his Sith tutelage again in hopes of one day "sharing" said might with Palpatine:
https://ibb.co/r5h40sH

...Hence him bending the knee once more at the end.

Originally posted by Psychotron
What if Palpatine's "son" was cloned from Luke? That would make Rey and Kylo cousins. Shit issue, by the way. I hate this gay bleeding crystal stuff.
Wasn't expecting to see Luke's pickled hand in Palpatine's lab. Does indeed make me wonder if he was splicing Luke's DNA into the Snoke strandcasts and whatnot..?

I suppose that could help explain Snoke's blue eyes. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

And it also added more plot holes to the sequels........
How so?

Originally posted by Galan007
Wasn't expecting to see Luke's pickled hand in Palpatine's lab. Does indeed make me wonder if he was splicing Luke's DNA into the Snoke strandcasts and whatnot..?

I suppose that could help explain Snoke's blue eyes. /shrug
Interesting. Very interesting.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2021 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
How so?
I mean Vader found out Palpatine had a fleet of star destroyers that a thousand times more powerful than the galaxy had ever seen. And there were a bounch of sith cultists and clones running around. Palpatine even got luke's hand/dna at his lab. I think even we assuming Anakin thought he had killed the emperor he should have warned luke about the experiment on exegol just in case
Also Palpatine had hundreds of star destroyers that could destroy planets at his disposal. So whats the point to build another death star......

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 02:20 AM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I mean Vader found out Palpatine had a fleet of star destroyers that a thousand times more powerful than the galaxy had ever seen. And there were a bounch of sith cultists and clones running around. Palpatine even got luke's hand/dna at his lab. I think even we assuming Anakin thought he had killed the emperor he should have warned luke about the experiment on exegol just in case
Also Palpatine had hundreds of star destroyers that could destroy planets at his disposal. So whats the point to build another death star......
it's almost like everything involving the sequel trilogy falls apart with any amount of further thought....

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 03:34 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

1. The Star Destroyers Vader saw were still under construction, as is clearly displayed by the art. In other words, they weren't a threat to the galaxy at the time the Emperor was killed.

2. Vader killed almost all of the cultists he ran into. The few cultists who were in the room torturing the mountain of kyber likely died at the same time Ochi was blinded by its power. Now, obviously we know there were a ton more cultists, but Vader didn't know see just how large the Sith Eternal cult was.

3. Don't see how Vader knowing Sidious was experimenting with Luke's hand would be at all relevant, to be honest.

4. Luke knew about Exegol in the Sequel Trilogy. It's explicitly said he was looking for Ochi in order to find Exegol. What's to say Anakin's spirit didn't warn Luke of Exegol in some way?

5. The point of the second Death Star was to act as bait to lure out the Rebellion, in order to crush them in a single decisive battle. He needed large enough bait to lure out the entire Rebel fleet. A single Xyston-class Star Destroyer wouldn't be able to achieve that.

Yes, there are plot holes in canon. But there are plot holes in almost every continuity. Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Star Trek. Any long running series is inevitably going to run into plot holes. Maybe instead of trying to pick apart every single story out there for every single plot hole in it, you can just try to enjoy stories for what they are?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I have to wonder why Vader didn't ask questions about the creatures he saw in the tanks? If Kylo recognized them as clones at first glance, surely Vader did as well.

Was expecting Sidious to reveal his essence transfer plan to Vader, but that went nowhere.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Issue #12 preview:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Dialogue certainly makes it seem like Vader's dark sided emotions(namely hate/anger/pain) are stronger than ever.

Old Post May 21st, 2021 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh cool

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Originally posted by Galan007
Issue #12 preview:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Dialogue certainly makes it seem like Vader's dark sided emotions(namely hate/anger/pain) are stronger than ever.

It just occurred to me that the bald chick was in revenge of the sith. Do you happen to know the characters name by chance?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

She's Sly Moore. She's part of Palpatine's inner circle, and is actually Force sensitive.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Originally posted by Underachiever59
She's Sly Moore. She's part of Palpatine's inner circle, and is actually Force sensitive.

Thank you!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Barron-Ghidorah
Thank you!

thumb up No problem. Always wish we got to see more from some of the background characters in the Prequel trilogy. At least Mas Amedda gets plenty of content.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 11:07 PM
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

thumb up No problem. Always wish we got to see more from some of the background characters in the Prequel trilogy. At least Mas Amedda gets plenty of content.

This Vader arc is starting to make me really like Mas Amedda. He’s such a bootlicker it’s great lol.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 01:11 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In the wake of Vader's 'trials', he is now, apparently, more powerful than ever:
https://ibb.co/P67qhr3

This could further indicate that RotJ Vader = peak Vader.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2021 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2021 04:23 PM
Underachiever59

Also interesting to see a new source of hatred Vader has for Luke. Vader's undying hatred for Kenobi, and realizing that Luke was Kenobi's new hope. He's basically redirecting his hate for Kenobi into hatred for his own son.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 12:47 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 03:03 AM
Underachiever59

I am very excited to see more story with Sly Moore. Heck, I think I mentioned that on this forum just a few weeks ago. She's always been a fascinating bit character to me, and I'm glad she's getting an important arc.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 02:23 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Wooooo interesting

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 06:27 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Also interesting to see a new source of hatred Vader has for Luke. Vader's undying hatred for Kenobi, and realizing that Luke was Kenobi's new hope. He's basically redirecting his hate for Kenobi into hatred for his own son.

That better change because that's not congruent with ROTJ At All.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2021 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That better change because that's not congruent with ROTJ At All.

No different than what’s been changed from the movies already.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2021 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote