KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

well Sidious can oneshot the likes of Kolar or Tiin, while in this issue he three-shotted Vader, so yeah Ventress level sounds good

Old Post Jul 25th, 2022 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I'd say Vader is about Fisto level at this point. Both were functionally three-shot by Sidious. If anything, Sidious put more focus into taking down Vader, since with Fisto he had to divide his attention with Mace.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2022 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Palpatine breaks Vader's TK hold over Sabe with a literal twitch of his finger, casually blocks multiple blaster bolts(no lightsaber required), and fries a few Imperial Guards:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2022 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Lol.

The difference between Sidious and Vader is like the difference between Snoke and Rey in TLJ.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2022 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Wtf are authors doing to the Royal Guards…that hurts to see..

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2022 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
Lol.

The difference between Sidious and Vader is like the difference between Snoke and Rey in TLJ.

It’s a huge bummer for me.
At this point it makes absolutely 0 sense how Vader even killed Palpatine.
He should have been able to just flick his finger and break Vaders neck since Palpatine is SEVERAL tiers above Vader at this point.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2022 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Best explanations I can think of are:
a.) Palpatine was focused solely on Luke, and as such, was distracted/unprepared... So Vader essentially caught him off-guard.
b.) Vader had a "I MUST PROTECT THE CHILDRENS!!" breakthrough, which massively amped his power/resolve in that moment(similar to what Kenobi experienced during their final battle in the show.)

Because yeah... It's pretty clear at this point that Palpatine could have casually finger-flicked the both of them in a standard setting.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 23rd, 2022 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2022 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Galan007
Palpatine breaks Vader's TK hold over Sabe with a literal twitch of his finger, casually blocks multiple blaster bolts(no lightsaber required), and fries a few Imperial Guards:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Regarding Palpatine "breaking Vader's TK hold over Sabe," that didn't really seem to be Palpatine overpowering Vader in a direct struggle. The context is clear that Vader was basically offering Sabe up to Palpatine. It's not like the two were contesting each other in the Force. Vader probably released her the moment Palpatine started to influence her with the Force.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2022 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Nah man.

Vader had Sabe in his TK clutches, and Sidious just casually dismissed it with a flick. And considering everything else that has happened in the comic serious, it is very clear that Sidious is just tiers above Vader in that era.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I agree with Underachiever69. I don’t think Palpatine was overpowering Vader’s TK hold at all. They were working together here. Vader held her up for Palpatine to grab. He wasn’t resisting at all.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 08:46 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Are the Imperial Guards stupid? Why would they shoot Sidious lmaooo

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Are the Imperial Guards stupid? Why would they shoot Sidious lmaooo

I was visibly dumbfounded at that...then I was mad, because this is yet another group that I like, get the shaft into being stupid. Not that they weren't already thanks to Rebels but jeez.

These guys are charged with protecting the Emperor, why they are discharging ranged attacks to a woman who's confined to a small area and RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR CHARGE....is stupid. Even moreso there's 2 of them.

If this had been two Legends IRG, she wouldn't have even got the kick off and would have gotten smashed into the floor.

The Emperor treated the IRG as his children and they treated him with the upmost respect and devotion, seeing these panels and then see him fry them really annoyed me.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 25th, 2022 at 01:40 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
I agree with Underachiever69. I don’t think Palpatine was overpowering Vader’s TK hold at all. They were working together here. Vader held her up for Palpatine to grab. He wasn’t resisting at all.
To each their own, but I disagree.

If that were the case then why wouldn't Vader himself have just dropped Sabe in front of Sidious, instead of Sidious having to gesture his TK hold away?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 11:44 AM
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Sheev
To each their own, but I disagree.

If that were the case then why wouldn't Vader himself have just dropped Sabe in front of Sidious, instead of Sidious having to gesture his TK hold away?

The gesture may have simply been his command for Vader to drop her

Old Post Oct 26th, 2022 01:08 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So as a result in the Fermata Cage being opened, Vader's powers are almost entirely out of control. Palpatine, on the other hand, seems to be completely unaffected:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Why? Because "he is stronger."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2023 02:35 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Did Sid suggest killing Vader at the end of the second page? Also wasn’t he supposed to fight some ancient Sith? Did that fight already happen?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2023 10:43 AM
Underachiever59

Yeah, Sidious did suggest killing Vader. Sent bounty hunters after Vader, which we see play out in the rest of the comic issue.

Also, turns out, no ancient Sith. It was a trap laid by Crimson Dawn. The Fermata Cage didn't actually have an ancient Sith inside it, that was just a myth used to draw Vader and Palpatine out into the open and try to imprison them in the Fermata Cage.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2023 02:32 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Ok i see thanks

Old Post Jun 15th, 2023 10:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 5th, 2023 11:06 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It’s like his feat in Kenobi

Old Post Aug 8th, 2023 11:05 AM