KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Questions/Concerns?

Questions/Concerns?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Questions/Concerns?

So I was recently Modded, and the Anime/Manga forums now fall under the 'umbrella' that I oversee.

Wanted to make this thread to see if there are any pertinent/realistic changes you guys would like to see made to these forums? Obviously major changes will have to come from Raz himself, so as I said, try to keep things realistic.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Since the rules in these forums haven't been updated since 2005, is there anything you guys would like to see explicitly spelled out in my upcoming revamped rules thread to help avoid confusion in the future?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Ban cdtm

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

I second this ^

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:54 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I am considering an "anime/manga only" rule that would disallow cross-company threads/discussions like Goku vs. Superman here, for example. Imo, those types of threads should be exclusive to the Foreign Cinema/cross-company forum.

Thoughts?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:58 PM
NemeBro

That rule should frankly be universal tbh, but I fear that the forum's traffic might honestly be too dead atm to justify enforcing it.

All the various versus subforums have their own little communities and cliques, and don't particularly venture outside of them. SW Versus' community in particular has no use for all versus.

For this subforum though, all the members do essentially also purview All Versus, so there shouldn't be any real harm, and would at least contain cdtm's shitposting for the most part.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 07:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I think we should allow cross comparably threads, as long as it is kept to a minimum.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 07:22 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have some more serious comments, but I'd like to open up with:

Can the Superman vs Goku thread please be grandfathered in, as a well
worn landmark of a bygone era? It totally conflicts with the rules of the time, but it's also a uniquely successful breach, coming on the heels of the major Death Battle thing (And Carver made it, so not trying to justify my own breach of the rules.)

Think of it as the "dive bar" version of "geneal discussion"?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 07:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Carver didn't make it, Dambo did. They might seem like the same guy in everyway, but one starts with a C, and one a D.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 08:05 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I have some more serious comments, but I'd like to open up with:

Can the Superman vs Goku thread please be grandfathered in, as a well
worn landmark of a bygone era? It totally conflicts with the rules of the time, but it's also a uniquely successful breach, coming on the heels of the major Death Battle thing (And Carver made it, so not trying to justify my own breach of the rules.)

Think of it as the "dive bar" version of "geneal discussion"?
Or I could move those threads to the Foreign Cinema/All Versus forum, and you could continue the discussions there. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 17th, 2018 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 08:39 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Fair enough. laughing

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 09:12 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Unsticking.

If anything else comes to mind, feel free to post it here.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 10:46 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just want to say, this is a clean slate. As far as I'm concerned, no hard feelings.

As the most trolled guy on anime/manga, lets have a fresh start. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 11:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I wish I could have fresh starts too! laughing out loud

It doesn’t work that way friend.

Just know that I don’t believe that you are a troll, your All Might philosophies are welcomed by me. big grin

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 11:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I honestly do not have any ill will against anyone here, and I certainly am not going to 'go after' anyone in particular just because I'm a mod now, lol.

As long as there are no issues, things will proceed as normal. thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:32 PM