KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » So lets talk Dragon Ball power levels.

So lets talk Dragon Ball power levels.
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yes. As I recall, Goku's Kamehameha against Piccolo Jr. was also stated to be strong enough to destroy the moon, and Vegeta was able to match a stronger one. It stands to reason that he could do it.

That being said, I don't think SS Vegeta could destroy 100 moons with a casual blast just because Piccolo (whose power level was ~100x lower) was able to destroy one that way. That doesn't meet my standard of evidence.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:59 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Collateral damage is different than the x amount of power needed to do something.

Destroying 100 moons is different than firing a blast 100 times more powerful than a typical moon destroying blast. It doesn't mean their collateral damage grows and their power spreads out, but it does mean the focal point of their energy is tremendous.

H1 would call it PSI

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 08:08 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Roshi, PL 180 = moon-buster.
Vegeta, PL 18,000 = planet-buster.
Super-Perfect Cell, SSJ2-level = solar system-buster.

Can any logical extrapolations be gleaned from that? Hopefully h1 is available to work out some calcs for us. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 08:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Collateral damage is different than the x amount of power needed to do something.

Be that as it may, you seem to have missed the point.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:07 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Be that as it may, you seem to have missed the point.
Go on then. Because your point was purely made about collateral damage.

"Casual" now I imagine?

Wherever DB characters focus their blast is going to be where the damage is. If they decide they want MUI Goku releasing everything he has into a house destroying attack, then we don't downplay his actual power just because his extent was minimal. We know for a fact that the energy contained within was many times stronger than say Cell's solar system buster. It's just where they choose to direct it or where to spread it out.

And if Goku is thousands of times stronger than Roshi, then it's pretty fair to say he's thousands of times stronger than a moon buster, no? I don't get where the issue is.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:32 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I didn't make any argument even resembling your strawman there, so I have no idea what you think you're proving.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:29 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I didn't say you did beyond assuming you'd move onto "casual", and that your prior difficulty was with "100 moons".
3rd and 4th paragraphs are about clarification of how it works, not saying that's what you said.

Go ahead and clarify the point I missed though. Where do your issues lie here so I can try my hand at answering them?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:41 PM