KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ajunta Pall Respect Thread

Ajunta Pall Respect Thread
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Ajunta Pall Respect Thread

I will be using Wookieepedia to support my thread. I have checked it usim other sources, if you would like to know these sources, ask me in PM.

Force Powers

Force Drain: It is known that many Sith in the ancient times used Force Drain on a normal basis. Need some evidence? Well, Darth Traya said,”It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves…it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught…it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."(Wookieepdia). Notice that she said it was a technique nearly as old as the Sith, meaning ancient Sith used this often. According to Pall’s Battle Wiki, he was capable of using Force Drain.

Force Whirlwind: He was also capable of Force Whirlwind according to Pall’s Battle Wiki. Though, I cannot confirm this, I cannot find any sources to assure this piece, so if you find any source that refers to Pall using Force Whirlwind, please PM me or you can post it on the thread.

Telekinesis: This is an obvious one, though, I do not have any telekinesis feats for him so I have to infer that it was powerful. Battle Wiki said that he used telekinesis in his battling style, but I can find no sources confirming this.

Force lightning: It was also said in Battle Wiki that he had the technique of Force lightning that actually can be confirmed. Most Sith of his time used f=Force Lightning in battle, it is imaginable that he can use it to a powerful extent as well. “Muur also displayed a mastery of Force lightning, using it to deadly effect on several occasions.” (Wookieepedia). Karness Muur was capable of using powerful lightning attacks. Since Pall was more powerful than Muur was, which I infer because he never lost the mantle of the Dark Lord, he most definitely used Force Lightning as well.

Force Precognition: Pall owned the power of Force Precognition aka force Visions. In Kotor, Revan entered Pall’s tomb to obtain Pall’s sword. It was there that he met the spirit of Ajunta Pall. Pall said that he predicted the coming of Revan, and he didn’t just say this. He knew Revan’s name and why Revan was there, to collect his sword. This supposes that he could have Force Visions being able to know who Revan was and why he was there when he had no initial way of knowing that otherwise.

Sith Alchemy: “Pall first attained the rank of Jedi Knight, then attained the rank of Jedi Master and began studying the ways of alchemy.” (Wookieepedia). Pall had the talent of Alchemy even before becoming a Sith and then trained in the arts of Sith Alchemy afterwards. I don’t know how powerful his was, but apparently he started training in it around the same time Muur did, so he is probably right behind Muur when it comes to this.

Force Ghost: He was capable of being a Force Ghost which was seen in KOTOR when Revan visited and negotiated with Pall himself.

Dueling Skills

Form: It is completely unknown to everyone on what form of comat he used. Though, it is imaginable that he didn’t have a specific name for it. In my opinion, he probably didn’t have Shii-Cho, Makashi, etc. Instead, he may have had none. This is thought because his blade was different then what you would call normal for that time or anytime really. He most likely had a custom way of fighting with it. If you find anything involving what form he may have had, please PM me or post it on the thread.

Was he a Powerful Duelist?: I would say so. He had a sword that was know by all as a sign of Pall’s power. Since he valued this blade, he probably used it often in battle. “The Sith, under their King Hakagram Graush, initially resisted the Dark Jedi's attempt to obtain their knowledge and subjugate them; however, Pall managed to recruit the King's Shadow Hand to their side, with the result that Graush was betrayed to the Dark Jedi, and Pall personally executed Graush with his own sword. ‘(Wookieepdia). There is a chance that he killed Graush using his blade. Either he overpowered him and killed him, or Graush was betrayed and then executed by Pall. If overpowering is the case, then he may have used his sword, not only to execute Graush, but to defeat him as well. If anyone can find a source saying that he challenged Graush, please tell me. I wasn’t able to find one myself.

What was His Way of Fighting?: I believe that he was aggressive at times, I believe that because his sword was very offensive. According to Battle Wiki, he would enjoy using Force Drain, Force Horror, Telekinesis, and Force whirlwind in battle. I cannot find any sources confirming this, but here is my best guess. I believe that his plan was to use Force Whirlwind to prevent the victims from escaping. Then Force Horror to weaken the opponent, asking them helpless. Maybe some telekinesis to cripple them, if needed and then Force Drain the easy opponents. That is my opinion, though, this wouldn’t be a great tactic for one on one, but this is the best I can imagine these abilities working together so well.

Was anyone more powerful than him at the time: Well, maybe for the fact that he was never defeated and lost the title of Dark Lord of the Sith, he may have been. If anyone got close, it was Karness Muur. I believe that KOTOR spoke of his reign. It said nothing about his death other than the fact that he might have died in the Fall of the Sith, but I will confirm this soon. If not, you can try yourselves. If you find evidence, you know what to do.

Other Skills

Expert Strategist: He was a skilled tactician. He has lead armies multiple times throughout battle. It comes to my belief that he brought his allies through the Battle of Corbos.

Random Feats

Undefeated Dark Lord of the Sith: He was undefeated and kept the Mantle of the Dark Lord throughout his life. According to kotor he was most likely killed in the Sith Fallout. This would mean that no one killed him for the Mantle of the Dark Lord.

Graush Butcher: “The Sith, under their King Hakagram Graush, initially resisted the Dark Jedi's attempt to obtain their knowledge and subjugate them; however, Pall managed to recruit the King's Shadow Hand to their side, with the result that Graush was betrayed to the Dark Jedi, and Pall personally executed Graush with his own sword.” (Wookieepedia). This may point out that he defeated Graush in a duel. Graush was powerful in the art of Sith Magic and would know many attributes of it that Pall would never learn. The text may also point out that Graush was betrayed and then executed, so I am not sure if his Shadow Hand attacked him while he wasn’t looking or poisoned Graush somehow.

Strong Before Sith: According to Wookieepedia he was a Jedi Master before becoming a Sith,”A Force-sensitive Human, Ajunta Pall was a member of the Jedi Order following the First Great Schism. Undergoing training in the ways of the Force, Pall first attained the rank of Jedi Knight, then attained the rank of Jedi Master and began studying the ways of alchemy.” He was a powerful and respected Jedi before becoming a Sith Lord. Not just a Jedi, but a Jedi master.

Killed about 14 Jedi in a Battle: “Obtaining significant power, the now High General Pall slew more than a dozen Jedi during the final battle of the war on Corbos, but he and his fellow Dark Jedi were defeated nonetheless.” (Wookieepdia). Ajunta Pall killed over dozen Jedi by himself in the Battle of Corbos. This cannot be proved in the sources I have looked at though.

Equipment

Sword of Ajunta Pall: “Millennia after his death, during the Jedi Civil War, Jedi Knight Revan entered Ajunta Pall's tomb to retrieve the Sith Lord's sword so that he could gain prestige from the nearby Sith academy, which he hoped would ultimately lead to his accessing a Star Map containing partial coordinates of the Star Forge.”(Wookieepedia). This weapon was said to be the source of Pall’s corruption. Yet we are not sure if this is true or not.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 05:17 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll get a consensus from the masses:

Should this be kept open, or closed? Because I still get a "copied/pasted from Wookieepedia" vibe, but I might be overlooking something deeper.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I typed this all through google docs and pasted it here.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:18 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Still no specific sources cited, though.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

If you choose the wrong sword he gives Revan a hell of a fight.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:30 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I have checked them through...

That is okay, you can close it if you insist. You would know more when it comes to forum rules!

I don’t usually cite the other sources I check, but I name them.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:31 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I vote for this to be closed

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkTransfer69

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I'll get a consensus from the masses:

Should this be kept open, or closed? Because I still get a "copied/pasted from Wookieepedia" vibe, but I might be overlooking something deeper.
I think if we close this thread we will never know the full potential of the discussion it could possibly create, but if we keep it open, who knows what kind of revelations we could come to.

At the very least I think it is a sincere and well laid out attempt at research, and there are some great conclusions drawn by the threadmaker. Perhaps with practice he can refine his craft, providing original citations and making use of the formatting tools intrinsic to the forum media.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 06:57 PM
Click here to Send DarkTransfer69 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkTransfer69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Thank you.

That is why I made the original threads, but they were closed.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 07:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Your original threads were closed for reasons I discussed with you via PM. This thread is a better attempt, but I'm still not completely sold as it reads identically to a Wookieepedia page to me.

I'll keep this open until I decide what should be done with it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:31 PM
DarkTransfer69

Inevitably we are bound to defer to Galan's better judgement, it was no mistake that he was offered the position of moderator and the responsibilities attached to it, and I believe regardless of the outcome of this particular thread or threads like it, in the broadest outlook possible we are in good hands moving forward as a community.

Perhaps further debate and discussion is needed. I encourage fellow members of the Literature and Expanded Universe community to come forward and air their opinions on this important topic we are faced with today.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:35 PM
Click here to Send DarkTransfer69 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkTransfer69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think this is a very poor thread, consisting of mostly Ctrl+C's from Wookieepedia, but there's some work in structuring it in the order of stuff used.

I believe this is a 2/10 respect thread, but does poor quality warrant lock? It's up to mods to decide.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:39 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkTransfer69

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gold slorg
I think this is a very poor thread, consisting of mostly Ctrl+C's from Wookieepedia, but there's some work in structuring it in the order of stuff used.

I believe this is a 2/10 respect thread, but does poor quality warrant lock? It's up to mods to decide.
I believe this is an extremely prejudiced appraisal of an honest work of scholarship, and I would present the following evidence to refute your objections:

"Force Drain: It is known that many Sith in the ancient times used Force Drain on a normal basis. Need some evidence? Well, Darth Traya said,”It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves…it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught…it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

He quotes Darth Traya herself, now he got the quote from wookieepedia, but the quote itself is from Darth Traya. It's a legitimate citation from licensed EU material. Therefore just because the source he got a licensed citation from isn't itself licensed, it does therefore follow that he is just copying from wookieepedia!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:42 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I also use KOTOR quite a bit.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 01:42 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I don't remember Ajunta doing that in Kotor?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:55 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Doing what?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:56 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Masturbating with shit. You missed it, it was up in time for me and Gal gal to see it

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:57 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

That is disturbing.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:58 AM