KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Hypocrisy involving "Consent"

Hypocrisy involving "Consent"
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
But aren't you absolving the person who voluntarily got "too drunk" to give legal consent of their responsibility for their actions? If they chose to get that drunk, and while that drunk they choose to have sex... shouldn't they bear responsibility for their choices?
Yes, they should (sorry, I thought I implied that in my general response).

Originally posted by Robtard
I've always avoided sex with someone who is beyond piss drunk, to the point she can hardly walk. I mean, if they can't even muster enough mental cognition and motor-function to walk, can they give proper consent?
For me it stems from what they chose to do that put them in that state in the first place. But it also doesn't mean the other person has to follow up. Some of us make better choices.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 19th, 2018 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:51 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I've always avoided sex with someone who is beyond piss drunk, to the point she can hardly walk. I mean, if they can't even muster enough mental cognition and motor-function to walk, can they give proper consent?

I would say in most of those cases that yes, it's obvious enough. But the system doesn't bank on that level of obviousness.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:52 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Mindship
Yes, they should (sorry, I thought I implied that in my general response).

No worries. I just interpreted it that way because both of your examples were specifically the accused and didn't touch on the accuser. That's why it seemed odd.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 09:54 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

OP wants to be able to rape drunk chicks.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindship

For me it stems from what they chose to do that put them in that state in the first place. But it also doesn't mean the other person has to follow up. Some of us make better choices.

I'm not absolving drunk people of all responsibility across the board, eg I don't buy the "but they were drunk and didn't know" excuse for a drunk driver who gets into an accident and maims or kills another. Bullshit, they knew well before they drank that day that driving drunk is very dangerous.

But in the situation of the piss-drunk person and sober person regarding sex. I see it as the sober person is the functioning adult there; it's up to them to act that way.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm not absolving drunk people of all responsibility across the board, eg I don't buy the "but they were drunk and didn't know" excuse for a drunk driver who gets into an accident and maims or kills another. Bullshit, they knew well before they drank that day that driving drunk is very dangerous.

But in the situation of the piss-drunk person and sober person regarding sex. I see it as the sober person is the functioning adult there; it's up to them to act that way.
Bingo.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:35 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Who did you rape drunk goober?

His left hand?

Righty says she wanted it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
But aren't you absolving the person who voluntarily got "too drunk" to give legal consent of their responsibility for their actions? If they chose to get that drunk, and while that drunk they choose to have sex... shouldn't they bear responsibility for their choices? I'm not talking about people who got so drunk they passed out and some random person took advantage of their unconscious form, I'm talking about some who said "yes" to drinking and then "yes" to sex.

Yep.

You're totally absolving someone of getting blindingly drunk, to the point of making a bad decision.

Remember, the people who make these laws, and enforce them, are human beings, with their own biases. I can point out examples within the last ten years of DA's and judges claiming, on the record, that "Yes, how we treat older men with younger girls, compared to older women with younger boys, is a double standard.

And I think there SHOULD be a double standard."

Those types don't give a hoot about what SJW's believe. And unlike joe neo-nazi the white trash klansmen, they have real power over us all.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

*Edit*

Misunderstood what you were saying lol

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:45 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think a lot of younger girls (late teens - early 20's) use alcohol as a way to absolve the 'shame' that society puts on girls for enjoying/wanting sex. I imagine for a girl it's a lot easier to have a few drinks and then have sex and the next morning be like, 'Well I was drunk, so I'm not really a whore.' So I can see the merit of rules like this if it leads to fewer women being ****-shamed just because the idea of having sex with someone excites them.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 04:45 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just think girls like getting drunk.

Same as everyone else.

The "consent" issue pops up when they realize "What if I'm pregnant? Oh, shit, what do I tell my parents?"

And then the parents press charges.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:10 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by cdtm
I just think girls like getting drunk

I don't doubt that for a second. I do think that a portion of women use alcohol as a crutch of sorts to give them greater license to be sexual in the same way that a portion of men use alcohol to allow them to be more violent. Both sexes can say 'Hey, I was drunk, don't judge me.'

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:50 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread is ****ing rape.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:38 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote