KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The United States vs The World

The United States vs The World
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It's never a great day if you're arresting people cuz something they said online hurt your fee fee's. Do you not have adults in the UK? I thought that was a thing you guys had there. Such a thing makes more sense if the place is made up purely of children.

And was it a good day when you guys put a dude on trial for jokingly teaching his dog to do a nazi salute?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:56 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Putinbot1
As we would you in an all out Nuclear War. That's why it's called mutually assured destruction.

Agreed.

Assuming they're not hiding an ace. Say, Star Wars was a success, but they pretended it was a failure. Or some way to defeat nukes from hostiles.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:00 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

At this point, who needs a military when you can just have nukes?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:02 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Interesting facts, strongest man in the World: British

False:

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson won the 2018 World's Strongest Man competition.

Icelander

World heavyweight boxing Champ: British

Manuel Charr - Syrian
Anthony Joshua - British
Trevor Bryan - American

Anthony Joshua is not the undisputed heavyweight champion.

And from there, the UK is rarely champion-represented in boxing organizations until you get to middleweights, super-middleweights, featherweights, and super flyweight. Not a single British boxer is the undisputed champion in their weight class.

Only 70 million of us but we are ****ing awesome at violence.

Your Scottish certainly are. But they don't even want to be part of your Kingdom. Don't worry, we Yanks love the Scots. We'll take them as the 52nd state. smile

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Thor only wins because either The Russian, American, or UK competitors get hurt.

Eddie Hall, Brian Shaw, and even Old Man Big Z are quite a bit stronger than Thor. Eddie Hall (UK) at his peak is all around the strongest man in history.

Joshua is in kind of a shitty era though. The other top comp are either severely old, being a pussy, or completely wild. Don't expect him to get beaten nowadays, but he certainly would had he faced off against previously great champs at their best. He's pretty chinny though so he might get caught if he fights Deontay.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 21st, 2018 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:59 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Getting flashbacks from the Delta Vs SAS thread.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 06:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Only 70 million of us but we are ****ing awesome at violence. Your sheer weight of numbers would defeat us in conventional warfare, but you are not a warrior nation. Your empire is built on economic might, backed by weapons rarely used on people who can credibly fight back, ours was based on subjugating other nations, initially our near equals in Europe and then people with sticks and bows and arrows whilst we used Guns.

I’m pretty sure you’re talking about the British empire here, not the US. What warrior honor is there in subjugating primitives with cannons and guns?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:13 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Thor only wins because either The Russian, American, or UK competitors get hurt.

Eddie Hall, Brian Shaw, and even Old Man Big Z are quite a bit stronger than Thor. Eddie Hall (UK) at his peak is all around the strongest man in history.

Joshua is in kind of a shitty era though. The other top comp are either severely old, being a pussy, or completely wild. Don't expect him to get beaten nowadays, but he certainly would had he faced off against previously great champs at their best. He's pretty chinny though so he might get caught if he fights Deontay.
yeah and of course Lennox Lewis took the heavyweight title from America unified it, beat everyone in his era. America have not had the top version of the belt since. Fury then beat Klitscho giving the top belts back to the UK and went doolally due to coke and Joshua again won for the UK. Much as I like DDM I doubt he has a clue who the Beast is and yes he is still alive and the strongest man who ever lived... DDM doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to watch boxing or strong man events...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:24 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This guy?

'The first man in history to lift 500kg. Eddie Hall smashes previous world record of 465kg that he set earlier that night at the World Deadlift Championships.'

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
This guy?

'The first man in history to lift 500kg. Eddie Hall smashes previous world record of 465kg that he set earlier that night at the World Deadlift Championships.'
That's him and what's funnier is he is really ****ing intelligent.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:39 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

yeah and of course Lennox Lewis took the heavyweight title from America unified it, beat everyone in his era.

True, he really personified the 'sweet science' of boxing... could be argued he's half Canadian though, he did move there when he was 11 or 12 and represented them at the Olympics.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:43 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
True, he really personified the 'sweet science' of boxing... could be argued he's half Canadian though, he did move there when he was 11 or 12 and represented them at the Olympics.
He says he hated being there and getting bullied by Canadians for being from Britain is what forced him to beat them all.

@Bran @Sam @Rob I still believe if Fury returned given his uniqueness and his inability to be hurt, skill and size for a man so gigantic he would beat everyone. Joshua is a chinny good Boxer as Bran said, Fury is boring to watch, dirty as ****, very skilful for a freak and knows every trick in the book. He is also when lucid a tricky mofo.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

My boxing era, when I REALLY cared about the sport was the mid/late 80's to late 90's, maybe early 00's.

I know he's not the best of the very best, but Evander Holyfield is the boxer I enjoyed seeing compete most in that time.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:57 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I don’t see what this has to do with war, but okay.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:59 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
My boxing era, when I REALLY cared about the sport was the mid/late 80's to late 90's, maybe early 00's.

I know he's not the best of the very best, but Evander Holyfield is the boxer I enjoyed seeing compete most in that time.
He is my hero, all heart and steroids (probably at heavyweight) and one hell of a chin. Actually, he had great skills too. He couldn't have won all those divisions otherwise. His first fight with Lennox though, the partisan anti-Lennox judge who caused the draw, still neads a beating almost 20 years on.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Sep 21st, 2018 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 09:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I vaguely recall that fight, the controversy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 10:05 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Fury has a lot of capability, but he's just so undisciplined, he makes Mike Tyson look like phucking Yoda. Hagler was my personal all time favourite though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 10:06 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Rob it was one of the worst decisions in history

@ Sam, I could not have put it better myself. Can you imagine how tasteless the fight banter would have been if we could do an out of time promotion of Mike Tyson Vs. Tyson Fury. Some classic banter from each, I'll eat your children or I'll **** you till you love me phag etc. Vs. All gays are sinners and should die. I'm Fats but my wife is good looking, you are ugly but your wife is ****ing grotesque... it would be xxx rated.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:33 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by samhain
Fury has a lot of capability, but he's just so undisciplined, he makes Mike Tyson look like phucking Yoda. Hagler was my personal all time favourite though.
Mike Tyson was crazy disciplined though when it came to training. Guy probably trained harder than anyone else.
He just also liked to cause shit.

But yeah, Fury is annoying. He's very skilled, but he's being a pussy right now. I don't know if he'd knock out Joshua but I think he'd probably decision him at the top of his game.

Also, didn't Hall cut back on the strongman shit? I'm pretty sure he lost some weight and got quite a bit healthier from the last time I looked into him. I remember watching that doc about when Big Z beat Shaw, and Hall was all about winning one and then cutting back. His wife hated his weight and health.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 05:09 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Mike Tyson was crazy disciplined though when it came to training. Guy probably trained harder than anyone else.
He just also liked to cause shit.

But yeah, Fury is annoying. He's very skilled, but he's being a pussy right now. I don't know if he'd knock out Joshua but I think he'd probably decision him at the top of his game.

Also, didn't Hall cut back on the strongman shit? I'm pretty sure he lost some weight and got quite a bit healthier from the last time I looked into him. I remember watching that doc about when Big Z beat Shaw, and Hall was all about winning one and then cutting back. His wife hated his weight and health.
Agreed, on everything. Fury fights Wilder in October awesome fight, I'm looking forward to Joshua in a few hours. Yes, Eddie will no longer compete Internationally, he got worried I think about the injuries he was wracking up. He Is a very smart guy for his age.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 06:28 PM