KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The United States vs The World

The United States vs The World
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I don’t see what this has to do with war, but okay.

This actually has everything to do with war. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 01:43 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Putinbot1
you can't deny his genes.

Yeah, some people just have that natural sports gene where they can do a bunch of things to a pretty professional standard. Used to hear that Alan Hansen's golf game was good enough for a pro.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 04:54 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Scunthorpe and Yeovil, Oxford maybe rings a bell. I don't remember Leicester but he may have turned out for them at some point.

Just Wikied it, no Leicester, just Yeovil & Scunthorpe. Remembered seeing a pic of him playing in a blue kit, must have been an away strip.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 05:00 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Yeah, some people just have that natural sports gene where they can do a bunch of things to a pretty professional standard. Used to hear that Alan Hansen's golf game was good enough for a pro.
Yeah, heard that one, you as a Liverpool fan probably heard Michael Owen was really good at both boxing and Cricket as a kid and could have gone pro in Either. O'Driscoll the greatest imo Ireland Rugby Captain could have turned pro at Boxing too. Gary Linekar was a great Cricketer as a youth, that reckon he would have been a top bat and given his reflexes in the 5 yard box, I don't doubt it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 05:05 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just Wikied it, no Leicester, just Yeovil & Scunthorpe. Remembered seeing a pic of him playing in a blue kit, must have been an away strip.
He was o e of those people who just had hand eye coordination and reflexes in a naturally powerful frame. All the levers fitted right.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 05:07 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Never heard about Michael Owen and boxing, interesting, I could see that though, quick with a deceptively stocky frame. Funny how people always assume smaller people wouldn't make decent boxers, as though boxing doesn't have weight divisions.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 05:16 PM
dadudemon

When he was on point, Roy Jones Jr. was invincible and almost the most technical and clever boxer of all time. Not the GOAT, though.

Last edited by dadudemon on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 05:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

He probably was, and his humiliating defeat by Joe Calzaghe at the end of his career takes nothing from him. He only took that fight for the money. Of all the technical greats, I will always prefer he, Leonard and Eubank over Mayweather and I include Eubank because until he gave Watson brain damage he had bizarre skill and technique. He was never the same after that and lost to Collins a man prior to Watson he would have frustrated and destroyed.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 07:28 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Roy Jones was probably the most talented boxer of all time. **** was he fast. Both his hand speed and foot speed were tremendous.

I'd put Loma up there too (for talent), though he uses his speed different than Roy. His is more of his technique, while Roy was just fast period. Technique, speed, power, stamina. Shame he became a shell of himself.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 07:57 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Roy Jones was probably the most talented boxer of all time. **** was he fast. Both his hand speed and foot speed were tremendous.

I'd put Loma up there too (for talent), though he uses his speed different than Roy. His is more of his technique, while Roy was just fast period. Technique, speed, power, stamina. Shame he became a shell of himself.
Roy also kept his speed as he went up divisions. I will say though the best fight for me of all time was Leonard Vs Haggler. If you've never viewed it... but you probably have... do!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 08:01 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Agreed. Haggler Vs. Hearns is also probably the best 3 round fight you'll ever see. You mentioned Eubank and Collins before, their rematch was pretty full on I seem to recall. If you haven't check out the first fight between Danny Williams and Matt Skelton, 12 rounds of 2 guys punching the hell out of each other until the last bell had rung, complete contrast to their appalling rematch a few years later.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 08:38 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Roy also kept his speed as he went up divisions. I will say though the best fight for me of all time was Leonard Vs Haggler. If you've never viewed it... but you probably have... do!
thumb up
I'm a huge fan of Leonard. His speed and defense were brilliant, but the way he'd just brutally hammer of people was a thing of beauty. He could have easily fought defensively and won every fight, but he'd just get pissed and go nuts.
I still like to think he could have bodied Hagler had he never screwed his eye up and took 3 years off. Maybe not with how Hagler walked through his shots, but a man can dream.

Right now I think Foreman vs Lyle is my favorite. It had Howard continue to shit on Ken Norton, the 2 minute round, and the knockdowns. The way Foreman got up like nothing happened after looking like he got shot in the head was amazing. Then he gets rocked like 5 times the next round and still zombies out a win.
Not very technical at all but it was a good fight for me. I know Hagler/Hearns exists, but I'm partial to the Foreman one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 08:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

^Agreed. Haggler Vs. Hearns is also probably the best 3 round fight you'll ever see. You mentioned Eubank and Collins before, their rematch was pretty full on I seem to recall. If you haven't check out the first fight between Danny Williams and Matt Skelton, 12 rounds of 2 guys punching the hell out of each other until the last bell had rung, complete contrast to their appalling rematch a few years later.
Have to check out the Williams vs Skelton fight. It sounds very familar, I just can't seem to think of it though. I'll probably check out the rematch too just for the hell of it. Is that at least a finish or 12 rounds of shit?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 09:00 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Went the distance I seem to remember, think both fighters were carrying injuries into the match and it shows.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 10:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if instead of nuking each other we had a contest to see who could create the most powerful nuke and each country would have a year?! What country would win?!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 10:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Sam and Bran, some fantastic choices. For me pound for pound Haggler may have had the hardest head of all time. A fight which was great but ended very sadly was Benn Vs McCall it was literally war. Benn, I vaguely know he used to DJ on the old Kent Rd as guest DJ about 93 and I spoke to him a few times as I was training at the Thomas abeckett gym. Henry Cooper had a gym on the old Kent Rd at the time as well. I was lucky enough to meet him in there also. Lovely man.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 11:09 PM
Flyattractor

All the U.S should do is close up its borders and kick out all of OUR Illegals and let the Rest of the world turn into a Full on 3rd world Shit Hole...just like France is doing.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 06:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
All the U.S should do is close up its borders and kick out all of OUR Illegals and let the Rest of the world turn into a Full on 3rd world Shit Hole...just like France is doing.
Fly=Full on retard.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 07:35 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I was expecting a sh_t throwing thread and was pleasingly surprised that you guys were discussing Boxing, the only frigging sport in the World I actually like watching.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 08:13 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Fly=Full on retard.

Pootybutt=full on Triggered House Boy Raper.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 08:23 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote