KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops vs Superman

Cyclops vs Superman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend

Superman would beat the shit out of Summers in h2h. This isn't Thor we are talking about.

You're a crazy person. You'd probably give Superman odds against the Punisher in h2h.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 02:13 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Cyclops speed blitzes him.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 02:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

How can a "cyclops" even compete? He'd have to constantly turn his head to see where to move.

Bad matchup

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 02:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Superman has some really good feats powerless.
Also isn't it Canon/relevant that he has thousands of years of fighting experience with WW?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 03:07 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^every argument w. a woman feels like it lasts an eternity.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 10:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has some really good feats powerless.
Also isn't it Canon/relevant that he has thousands of years of fighting experience with WW?

iirc it is, yeah.

The big advantage he has over Cyclops is that, with or without the thousands of years, he still has far more on-panel showings of h2h fights.

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^every argument w. a woman feels like it lasts an eternity.

Not gonna lie; I laughed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 01:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You're a crazy person. You'd probably give Superman odds against the Punisher in h2h.

No, I won't.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 03:13 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not gonna lie; I laughed.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 04:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonicwires

summers armbars clark

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 05:55 AM
sonicwires is currently offline Click here to Send sonicwires a Private Message Find more posts by sonicwires Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by abhilegend
No, I won't.

But you're tempted to do so. Admit it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 06:03 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

A high degree of HtH skill--either powered or powerless--is not really part of Superman's core narrative yet. You see writers do what they will with this aspect of him a lot.
Cyclops being quite skilled HtH (but not a true MA), as well as an experienced and cagey combatant, is pretty core to his mythos, IMO.
So on the whole, I think Cyclops takes this, but Superman surprises Scott by being very, very hard to put down. Supes has a Rocky chin and determination.
However, some of the more skilled Superman portrayals could really make this a contest or even be favored.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 10:20 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Superman wins, with ease.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 03:59 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
A high degree of HtH skill--either powered or powerless--is not really part of Superman's core narrative yet. You see writers do what they will with this aspect of him a lot.
Cyclops being quite skilled HtH (but not a true MA), as well as an experienced and cagey combatant, is pretty core to his mythos, IMO.
So on the whole, I think Cyclops takes this, but Superman surprises Scott by being very, very hard to put down. Supes has a Rocky chin and determination.
However, some of the more skilled Superman portrayals could really make this a contest or even be favored.

Name the feat where Cyclops has shown superior HtH skill to Superman.

Your laughable mythos argument= your blatant bias. You don't even like Supermans mythos by your own admission.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 03:01 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It IS part of Cyclops's bio that he's proficient in two martial arts, and a trainer of other X-Men in said martial arts. How about you focus on the actual topic at hand instead of trying to get a rise out of people.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 06:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
It IS part of Cyclops's bio that he's proficient in two martial arts, and a trainer of other X-Men in said martial arts. How about you focus on the actual topic at hand instead of trying to get a rise out of people.

Great.

Superman beats expert practitioners of every martial art known to man. He's beaten Luthor, Who has been trained in combat by Amazon's. He himself has been trained by The two greatest HtH combatants in the hero community and street levellers and top tiers, respectively. He consistently fights living embodiment of combat on cosmic and mythical scales as a peer.

Pillow Biter has known these facts for the near 2 decades now that I've known him online, yet he consistently chooses to downplay the facts.

Now I can see Cyke's tactical mind being his main advantage.. and even then..

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 10:50 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by panthergod
Great.

Superman beats expert practitioners of every martial art known to man. He's beaten Luthor, Who has been trained in combat by Amazon's. He himself has been trained by The two greatest HtH combatants in the hero community and street levellers and top tiers, respectively. He consistently fights living embodiment of combat on cosmic and mythical scales as a peer.

Pillow Biter has known these facts for the near 2 decades now that I've known him online, yet he consistently chooses to downplay the facts.

Now I can see Cyke's tactical mind being his main advantage.. and even then..

Better, even if you're exaggerating a tad, imo.

Luthor was considered to be a substandard student by the Amazons, and with Diana, her skills are an equaliser that allow her to compete with his superior strength and durability.

I'll argue with anyone that says that Superman doesn't have legit fighting skill, but you can't let the pendulum swing too far the other way either.

People saying either man wins easily are talking out their ass, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 09:37 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Powerless Clark couldn't take a hit from Lex's stump.

Whereas Scott got punched in the face by a f*cking Sentinel and wasn't even knocked out.

Go home, Cosmic. You're drunk.

Powerless Superman fell off a building into a dumpster and tore it apart.

Powerless Superman took hits from Earth-Man (stacked stats of Timber Wolf, Blok, and arguably Ultra Boy's strength and Night Girl's stats) and then re-entry heat.

Powerless Superman seems to win the feat war as well as this fight.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 09:36 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote