KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member

JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member

Supes
WW
Bats
GL
Flash
Aquaman
MM/Cyborg

I dont want to set any parameters here; you all know the team, it’s history, what they do and the menaces they face.
Who’s the dead weight.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Aquaman

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You shouldve excluded him from the list.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VanMae

Cyborg

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:35 AM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Depends on the versions, but generally Aquaman or Wonder Woman is the most redundant.

Aquaman's physical stats are exceeded by Superman and WW, and his telepathy isn't as good as J'onn's even if he doesn't turn in to a mewling child every time someone attacks him mentally. If they were fighting something with a massive army, or someone magical, and Aquaman had one of his more versatile tridents, then you could make an argument for him.

Diana, unless they're fighting gods or something, doesn't bring anything to the team bar diversity, though I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Her fighting skill is exceeded by Batman, and her magic weapons are generally equalled by Arthur's tridents.

Then there's Batman, as I'm sure someone else will say.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Depends on the versions, but generally Aquaman or Wonder Woman is the most redundant.

Aquaman's physical stats are exceeded by Superman and WW, and his telepathy isn't as good as J'onn's even if he doesn't turn in to a mewling child every time someone attacks him mentally. If they were fighting something with a massive army, or someone magical, and Aquaman had one of his more versatile tridents, then you could make an argument for him.

Diana, unless they're fighting gods or something, doesn't bring anything to the team bar diversity, though I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Her fighting skill is exceeded by Batman, and her magic weapons are generally equalled by Arthur's tridents.

Then there's Batman, as I'm sure someone else will say.

True but then there are times Arthur's TP has succeeded where Jonn's has failed. Not because its bertter per say but because it works differently. The Dimensional entity that Jonn couldnt even read for example but Arthur could TP dominate. MMH struggles telepathically vs most white martians but Arthur can just shit them down.

Again not saying I dissagree, I'm an AQ fan and I agree he's probably the most redundant.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 03:10 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by carver9
You shouldve excluded him from the list.

Then it wouldnt have been accurate.
As you can see from the above posts, he’s an integral part of the duscussion.
I cant cherry pick the facts, based on character bias; pull a Carver so to speak.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 04:09 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Aquaman by far. Doesn't really bring muhc

Green Lantern is also kinda useless but he is strong.
Cyborg has the tech, which only Batman can really match
WonderWoman doesn't bring anything but a lasso
MM has his TP that no one can really replicate
Superman is the shield/hammer. No one can do it as good
Batman is the brains and plot devise
Flash is godly in speed and retcon. And he the strong member

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 04:16 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by xJLxKing

Cyborg has the tech, which only Batman can really match
WonderWoman doesn't bring anything but a lasso
MM has his TP that no one can really replicate
Superman is the shield/hammer. No one can do it as good
Batman is the brains and plot devise
Flash is godly in speed and retcon. And he the strong member
Green Lantern has on-demand crowd control which none of the other Leaguers can match IMHO.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/0295cf5b...4hiu6o8_400.jpg

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 04:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by xJLxKing

REALLY
GL is like the most versatile member and as such the least redundant. He has a ring that can do anything he can think of. If there's anything the JLA needs to do that none of their powersets cover he's wearing the gap fill/answer/solve.

That's far from useless.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 11:58 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by beatboks
REALLY
GL is like the most versatile member and as such the least redundant. He has a ring that can do anything he can think of. If there's anything the JLA needs to do that none of their powersets cover he's wearing the gap fill/answer/solve.

That's far from useless.

This as for the thread AM they should give him hydrokinesis

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:16 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Sin I AM
This as for the thread AM they should give him hydrokinesis

The water hand era sorta did for a while. Plus magic immunity, a link the the collective unconscious of man, dimensional travel etc.

Not that he wielded it much but so did posiedens trident pre 52. Yet after gifted it (IIRC for saving the sea god from Hades) he put it under armed guard in Atlantis and almost never carried or used it.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:57 AM
Darth Thor

Lets be honest here. The answer is Batman.

There, I said it.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 06:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Darth Thor

There, I said it.
Go back to the Movie vs

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 06:58 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Flash.

Hear me out.

Superman is needed as the figurehead. Plus, his stats - stronger than everyone here, nearly as fast, etc etc.

Batman is needed for his resources (that JL satellite can't be paid on Clark's salary, and mythical Greek treasures can't be used as legal tender with the plumber). He is also there to 'think like a bad guy's.

Hal is....you need him for the cosmic adventures.

Aquaman? Water covers 70% of the world. He has a giant ass army. Access to magic. Some TP.

MM coordinates everyone, plus you need a Worf.

WW is the magical brick.

Cyborg is the tech brick.

Firstly, you need a running surface for Flash. So he's out of any space adventures. Superman is nearly as fast, to the point he's faster than others. Batman is a better forensics guy. Cyborg is a better supercomputer

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 08:09 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that is some ridiculously awesome dumbass reasoning, i love it thanks Ds. laughing

There, I said it.

Honestly, its a higher number than i expected.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 09:57 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

There, I said it.

Beat me to it. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 10:33 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Batman belongs to the Outsiders.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 11:01 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Flash.

Hear me out.

Superman is needed as the figurehead. Plus, his stats - stronger than everyone here, nearly as fast, etc etc.

Batman is needed for his resources (that JL satellite can't be paid on Clark's salary, and mythical Greek treasures can't be used as legal tender with the plumber). He is also there to 'think like a bad guy's.

Hal is....you need him for the cosmic adventures.

Aquaman? Water covers 70% of the world. He has a giant ass army. Access to magic. Some TP.

MM coordinates everyone, plus you need a Worf.

WW is the magical brick.

Cyborg is the tech brick.

Firstly, you need a running surface for Flash. So he's out of any space adventures. Superman is nearly as fast, to the point he's faster than others. Batman is a better forensics guy. Cyborg is a better supercomputer

Flash is the heart, you shit.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 11:03 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by krisblaze
Flash is the heart, you shit.

Pfft. Heart has no place in it. Besides, isn't WW meant to be all about love? To the extent she got chosen for the Star Sapphires? Superman is the farmboy who's all about family values, etc.

They need someone with some knowledge of the 'real world', to me. I.e. if Luthor stages a corporate takeover, or some insidious business/political shenanigans. That's where Bats comes in. He's their link as well to the government, through Amanda Waller.

For all their 'humanness', Bats is the one guy who gives them a human face, more so than Barry, Hal or Cyborg. He's the reader, in essence.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 11:15 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote