KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member

JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

SO awesome! laughing

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 11:19 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by beatboks
True but then there are times Arthur's TP has succeeded where Jonn's has failed. Not because its bertter per say but because it works differently. The Dimensional entity that Jonn couldnt even read for example but Arthur could TP dominate. MMH struggles telepathically vs most white martians but Arthur can just shit them down.

Again not saying I dissagree, I'm an AQ fan and I agree he's probably the most redundant.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Hell, if Johns had given Arthur's TP half as much attention as he did his physical stats (or even just included PAD's version of the character's feats), you could make a very strong argument for him being a lot more useful than he currently is.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Flash is the heart, you shit.

Shut it, Johns.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 10:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by beatboks
The water hand era sorta did for a while. Plus magic immunity, a link the the collective unconscious of man, dimensional travel etc.

Not that he wielded it much but so did posiedens trident pre 52. Yet after gifted it (IIRC for saving the sea god from Hades) he put it under armed guard in Atlantis and almost never carried or used it.

Yea..i know. They seemed to have ditched his extra powers in favor of giving Mera a boost...which is fine. I just don't think his current incarnation is much help to Atlantis let alone the JLA. He hasn't received the Odinson treatment but he did get neutered a bit in the current ongoing.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Flash.

Hear me out.

Superman is needed as the figurehead. Plus, his stats - stronger than everyone here, nearly as fast, etc etc.

Batman is needed for his resources (that JL satellite can't be paid on Clark's salary, and mythical Greek treasures can't be used as legal tender with the plumber). He is also there to 'think like a bad guy's.

Hal is....you need him for the cosmic adventures.

Aquaman? Water covers 70% of the world. He has a giant ass army. Access to magic. Some TP.

MM coordinates everyone, plus you need a Worf.

WW is the magical brick.

Cyborg is the tech brick.

Firstly, you need a running surface for Flash. So he's out of any space adventures. Superman is nearly as fast, to the point he's faster than others. Batman is a better forensics guy. Cyborg is a better supercomputer

Nice post

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 12:44 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Nice and funny, yeah!
I especially liked how he expects ppl to believe Supes, WW, and Aquaman couldnt finance the league if called upon. laughing

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 04:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Superman could, but he wants/needs to work as an anonymous reporter. What do you expect, he just crushes coal into diamonds and sells? How many can he do, before the market is saturated in diamonds and it crashes? The Cullinan diamond, one of the most expensive, was $400 million - that won't even pay for a Hall of Justice.

What is your next big idea, he sells Kryptonian tech?

The Amazons are next. WW sure seems the type to sell her heritage off, right? Pawning the family jewels? Lol. Besides, they're a warrior society. What treasures have they got?

Which leaves Aquaman. Assuming he's allowed by his kingdom to sell their wares to air breathers and land dwellers (Atlantis doesn't even have any trade links, precisely because they're mostly at war, or Arthur has been deposed etc), there's the whole 'the JL are financed by a guy who two issues ago was branded a terrorist organization by the US'.

Great thinking thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 06:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by -Pr-
Shut it, Johns.

You petty fu ck.

I hope Barry speeds along and snaps your neck

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 06:49 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lets be honest here. The answer is Batman.

There, I said it.

No.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Go back to the Movie vs

thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 07:15 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Superman could, but he wants/needs to work as an anonymous reporter.

Yes because financing the league requires him to report it on his taxes, thus exposing his carefully kept secret ID.

What is your next big idea, WW needs to pretend to be Diana Prince as she takes dictation for Lyle Wagoner?

Great thinking laughing

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 09:48 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by -Pr-
I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Hell, if Johns had given Arthur's TP half as much attention as he did his physical stats (or even just included PAD's version of the character's feats), you could make a very strong argument for him being a lot more useful than he currently is.
To differentiate between Aquaman and J'onn, they should make Arthur's TP as biological with a good emphasis on that. As in, he affects the physical brain, he doesn't use conventional 'TP' energy. Like brain TK, sort to speak. Kind of the way he did against the White Martian.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 10:09 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Not enough emphasis is put on that crucial difference by writers. thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 10:13 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member

Personally, I’d say the LEAST important would be Cyborg.

Why?

Well, because all but one of his abilities can be replicated by the rest of the league.

Take, for example, his computing ability. Batman has the tech to come near it ...not very near, but near enough for it to not make a discernible difference.

For that matter, even Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern can replicate that computing ability. Martian Manhunter once telepathically put the plans of a Martian super computer into GL John Stewart’s mind, who then used his ring to create the super computer.

The one thing they cannot easily replicate is the boom tube tech (and even that is probably because they haven’t set out to specifically do that ...)

So, in my opinion, while Cyborg IS A VALUED MEMBER of the JLA, he’s the one who is MOST EASILY replaceable.

For the others:
- Superman: Its quite clear why, especially with his decades of feats (now including that cool Moon repair feat);
- WW: Basically a lesser but still capable Superman, with access to godly weapons, magic and more;
- AM: Basically a lesser but still capable version of WW, with access to other sorts of godly weapons, other types of magic, armies with weird tech, and telepathy;
- MM: Basically a lesser but still capable version of Superman, but with telepathy, phase and density shifting, shape changing, and an ability to Super Saiyan into a veritable monster thrown in;
- Batman: The Most Alien member of the JLA. That thing pretends to be a normal human with lots of money and training, but it is something far more. It should be burned with fire (as much as I like it, I think it is dangerous). But it can be counted on to come up with innovative solutions ...eg see The Obsidian Age, where it had a plan even for the JLA being tossed back in time (and interestingly, it was the first to wake up from the magic Gymandae - or however her name was spelled - which surprised even her, but then again ...Batman is an it);
- The Flash: Basically a god of speed. It’s not about just going fast, but the control he has over kinetic energy. Eg, when the earth was being pulled by Superman, WW and MM ...it was the Flash that was standing at the pole absorbing all the raw kinetic energy to make sure the earth didn’t crack.

To those, add Cyborg. Cool guy, nice white noise sonic cannon, self repairing alien tech, boom tube capability, and enough sensor and information processing to make Tony Stark jealous.

But he’s the one who is most (most) replaceable.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 10:20 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:
To differentiate between Aquaman and J'onn, they should make Arthur's TP as biological with a good emphasis on that. As in, he affects the physical brain, he doesn't use conventional 'TP' energy. Like brain TK, sort to speak. Kind of the way he did against the White Martian.

This would make perfect sense. I mean lets face it most of the use of Arthur's TP is on sea creatures that dont have higher brain function. He commands fish that dont think. I always thought of it as his tp simply working on the oldest parts of the brain that revolve around autonomic response or instinct. This idea makes as much or more sense though.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 11:20 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by krisblaze
You petty fu ck.

I hope Barry speeds along and snaps your neck

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Philosophía

Sounds good to me, but I want them to bring back The Clear too. Aquaman should have a closer connection to the ocean than just "he talks to fish... kind of".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 12:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Batman is useless without the pis/Cis interference.

Money-Clark or Diana could finance the league if they so desires.
Analysts-Barry is an actual forensic scientist. Not only that, he’s brain is a million time faster than Bruce’s.
Technology-Cyborg is linked to a Mother Box.
Knowledge-Lanterns has a ring that tell him close to anything or everything.

So again, Bruce is as useless as shit you accidentally steps on.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 05:19 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Ouch.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:55 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Ouch.

Well it’s true. The only reason characters like Batman and his family are intergral to any team their on is simply for the so call human without powers surrounded by those with power gimmicks.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:55 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Flash.

Hear me out.

Superman is needed as the figurehead. Plus, his stats - stronger than everyone here, nearly as fast, etc etc.

Batman is needed for his resources (that JL satellite can't be paid on Clark's salary, and mythical Greek treasures can't be used as legal tender with the plumber). He is also there to 'think like a bad guy's.

Hal is....you need him for the cosmic adventures.

Aquaman? Water covers 70% of the world. He has a giant ass army. Access to magic. Some TP.

MM coordinates everyone, plus you need a Worf.

WW is the magical brick.

Cyborg is the tech brick.

Firstly, you need a running surface for Flash. So he's out of any space adventures. Superman is nearly as fast, to the point he's faster than others. Batman is a better forensics guy. Cyborg is a better supercomputer

Someone has hacked this account.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 10:08 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^nah, he’s just practicing his stand up.

quote:
Well it’s true. The only reason characters like Batman and his family are intergral to any team their on is simply for the so call human without powers surrounded by those with power gimmicks.

At its most basic, yeah.
I like to think streets make great leaders, as they can direct traffic, and are usually better tacticians than the powerhouses.
Superman on the JLA w.out Bats to tell him to use his powers creatively would be useless.

Last edited by riv6672 on Oct 3rd, 2018 at 10:56 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 10:52 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^nah, he’s just practicing his stand up.

At its most basic, yeah.
I like to think streets make great leaders, as they can direct traffic, and are usually better tacticians than the powerhouses.
Superman on the JLA w.out Bats to tell him to use his powers creatively would be useless.

No!

This is the same Superman who’s mind allows him to read every book ever made in surgery in just 5 minutes, and performed said surgery better than any surgeons.

Any plans Bruce can come up with, Clark would/can come up with a million and one, and have them be far more logical then Bruce.

Also, Diana is/was the Goddess of War. What does Bruce have on her?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:26 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by SquallX
Batman is useless without the pis/Cis interference.

Money-Clark or Diana could finance the league if they so desires.
Analysts-Barry is an actual forensic scientist. Not only that, he’s brain is a million time faster than Bruce’s.
Technology-Cyborg is linked to a Mother Box.
Knowledge-Lanterns has a ring that tell him close to anything or everything.

So again, Bruce is as useless as shit you accidentally steps on.

Sounds like youre downplaying his tactical skills

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:30 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote