KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member

JLA big 7 Vs themselves who is the most useless member
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote:
And again, you can’t you refute my points. Remove pis/cis, what does Bruce brings to the table again?

Money-Clark can create diamonds form coal, or build a company, and with his mindset, create any things he wants. From all type of cures, or ends world hunger. He doesn’t, because pis/Cis stops him.

Detective-Put Bruce and Barry in room full of clues. whom do you you think would see all the clues first? A genius human, or a genius superbeing who’s mind can process an unlimited amount of scenarios in less than heartbeat?

Warfare-Diana was raised and breed in warfare. She posses the gift from the Gods themselves. The wisdom of Athena being one. The same Athena who happens to be the Goddess of War. Not only that, Diana was taught by Ares from a young age.

Knowledge-Hal Jordan posses a nigh infinite of knowledge from his ring.

So again, what does Bruce bring to the table but the whole human and cynism thing again.

Remove pis/cis, Bruce is nigh useless.

-Pr- put it well in his posts re: your position, but i’ll just go with,

quote:
^^^And here i thought you were being foot in mouth.
Turns out it was head up ass. laughing

All in good fun of course. Screw Batman, pis/cis, hail Hydra and all that.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 10:30 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Doesn’t matter what Pr said, doesn’t make them true.

So again Batman Vs Superman. Who wins?

Pis/Cis is against both, who wins? Or pis/cis is only against Clark, who wins? Or pis/cis is only against Batman, who wins?

It’s the same pis/cis that worked for Steve when he goes against Hulk or Thor.

It’s the logical and normal steps in fiction, when a mere human rises up and beat the bad guys. Even when said bad guys are 1000 more powerful.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 10:38 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You're throwing their characters out of the window, though.

And removing a large part of Batman's powerset, his mind.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 10:47 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Pretty sure he doesnt care. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 10:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Batman,for me, is the reader. 'if I had access to this network of superheroes, what would I do?'

CIS, in effect, is turned off for him by default. Interact with Superman on the daily? I would carry a Kryptonite ring with me in a lead lined pocket ohhhhh Batman does that.

He thinks like a villain. Take loved ones hostage? I'd get Catwoman to take Lois hostage ohhhhh Batman does that.

CIS is on for his team mates - because it isn't stupidity, per se, but rather, they don't think like that. Hal was part of the armed forces - imagine going into battle with plans to take your wingman down. He wouldn't think like that, Batman does. Barry is part of the police force etc etc.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 11:07 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Batman,for me, is the reader. 'if I had access to this network of superheroes, what would I do?'

CIS, in effect, is turned off for him by default. Interact with Superman on the daily? I would carry a Kryptonite ring with me in a lead lined pocket ohhhhh Batman does that.

He thinks like a villain. Take loved ones hostage? I'd get Catwoman to take Lois hostage ohhhhh Batman does that.

CIS is on for his team mates - because it isn't stupidity, per se, but rather, they don't think like that. Hal was part of the armed forces - imagine going into battle with plans to take your wingman down. He wouldn't think like that, Batman does. Barry is part of the police force etc etc.

TBH, i was hoping for (but not at all expecting) more posts like yours, and some earlier ones re: Aquaman, that would draw the conclusion that none of the JLA are actually useless, that they all serve a purpose in making the Big 7 line up the most iconic and imitated in comics.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 12:25 PM
SquallX

How? Aren’t you also doing the same thing? Speed is Flash and his families main power, yet Batman is able to hit Zoom because he’s able to intercept him?

Don’t make me laugh.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 12:59 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

1. You act like Superman doesn’t have super speed. Or haven’t gone up against being with far more Kryptonite in their arsenals. The fact that you think pis/cis doesn’t play in favor of Batman, while limiting the heroes he’s fighting is ludicrous. The next time Superman goes against against and beat a being made of Kryptonite, and next week Batman drops him with a mere piece of Kryptonite, come and tell me pis/cis doesn’t favor Batman.

2. Acting like Superman couldn’t just fry Batman, or Catwoman with his laser beams before they could react! I guess you brought up the kinapping thanks to that atrocious run by Loeb?

3. Hal have killed multiple times, in fight, he would casually stay in the air and blow Batman away from a ftl blast. Acting like Barry wouldn’t break Bruce’s legs in a heartbeat just because he’s the police. How many times have Barry or Wally indangers the Earth in their fight with Zoom or Solomon again?

Again, don’t make me laugh with such useless attempt to make Batman better than what he is.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 01:09 PM
DarkSaint85

Would you care to BZ me? Batman and Superman have known each other for....let's say 5 years?

So Batman has 5 years' prep.

You can rep Superman, but you are only allowed to stay within character. So bell rings, you have your superspeed etc, but in character, you don't snatch Batman - your friend-'s head off. Superman goes into battle and takes a punch or two. Then unleashes.

However, if things are not going your way (so for example, I'm-somehow-beating you to death), you're not going to be an idiot and stand there taking it. No 'Gee whiz Bruce! You're smashing my face in!!!'

No. You get to use whatever you want, within the confines of Superman being in character (i.e. what he has actually done).

Me? I get to do whatever Batman has done. So no, I'm not suddenly shouting Shazam and gaining powers, but I get to use whatever has been shown to be in my possession/tactics etc.

That should remove pis and cis, right? You should be able to laugh my feeble attacks off. Am sure you have a wealth of Superman scans to use in your favour.

Your third point was either ignorance,or you read my post wrong.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 01:19 PM
SquallX

Would you care to BZ me? Batman and Superman have known each other for....let's say 5 years?

So Batman has 5 years' prep.

You can rep Superman, but you are only allowed to stay within character. So bell rings, you have your superspeed etc, but in character, you don't snatch Batman - your friend-'s head off. Superman goes into battle and takes a punch or two. Then unleashes.

However, if things are not going your way (so for example, I'm-somehow-beating you to death), you're not going to be an idiot and stand there taking it. No 'Gee whiz Bruce! You're smashing my face in!!!'

No. You get to use whatever you want, within the confines of Superman being in character (i.e. what he has actually done).

Me? I get to do whatever Batman has done. So no, I'm not suddenly shouting Shazam and gaining powers, but I get to use whatever has been shown to be in my possession/tactics etc.

That should remove pis and cis, right? You should be able to laugh my feeble attacks off. Am sure you have a wealth of Superman scans to use in your favour.

Your third point was either ignorance,or you read my post wrong.

Right!!! Because Superman always start his fights out of character?

Or the only way Clark ever wins a fight is to be out of character right?

I mean according to you, that’s how Clark ends up beating the likes of Luthor, a man far smarter Bruce, or Metallo, or any other bad guys he’s ever fought.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 01:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Luthor and Metallo. Two of his longstanding enemies. TOTALLY comparable to Bruce, one of the guys he consistently calls his friend thumb up

Note your post? 'Any other bad guys'. Superman fights bad guys (or at least, bad guys he's met before) like that.

Does he fight friends like that?

Wait! You say. Why would Superman fight his friends??

That's the point. Batman thinks like a villain. And plans to fight his friends. So yeah, he has first strike advantage here.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 01:38 PM
riv6672

Oh SHIT, the BZ gauntlet was thrown.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 01:39 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol. BZs definitely remove PIS, and hopefully remove CIS, lol. That's why I threw it down in this case.

If Squall truly believes Superman is hampered by writers, and Batman's only chance is due to writers writing him favourably (which is of course, always possible) then attempting to write a confrontation without Batman bias, as it were, should show how easy it is.

'Match starts, Superman laughs at the Kryptonite batarang, then HVs Bruce's face off. The end.'. That kinda thing.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 01:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SquallX
I know pis plays a big part in fiction as a whole, but for characters like Batman who has no powers, it is use so excessively, that characters Bruce should be useless against are rendered useless.

Barry is a forensic scientist, he is just as good as Bruce. Add in the speed force, Bruce cannot outwit him when it comes to searching for clues and solving a crime.

See, now you're saying what should be, rather than what is. Batman has enough consistent showings to prove his worth at this point.

That's a really weak argument. I can fix a computer, but even if you slap the speed force on me, I'm not going to be building Apollo rockets any time soon. Barry is smart, sure, but he's not on Bruce's level when it comes to pure detective work. Why? Because it's about more than evidence.

Batman Vs Superman in a fight? Who wins?

Bruce ends up winning because of pis/cis, and the human triumphant over God aspect.

No, Superman wins.

He thinks like a villain.

Great point. He really does.

He's also a psychopath.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 02:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^good point. He really is.

Lol. BZs definitely remove PIS, and hopefully remove CIS, lol. That's why I threw it down in this case.

If Squall truly believes Superman is hampered by writers, and Batman's only chance is due to writers writing him favourably (which is of course, always possible) then attempting to write a confrontation without Batman bias, as it were, should show how easy it is.

'Match starts, Superman laughs at the Kryptonite batarang, then HVs Bruce's face off. The end.'. That kinda thing.

Seems right.

You’re obviously willing to stand by the strength of YOUR argument. thumb up

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 06:11 PM
NemeBro

Batman Vs Superman in a fight? Who wins?

Bruce ends up winning because of pis/cis, and the human triumphant over God aspect.
Superman typically does, unless that's changed in recent years. Last I checked Bats had not one win against Superman in canon, but that was years ago.

Who cares though? We aren't talking about which hero beats the others in a fight. We are talking about their relative contributions to the team. And Batman does provide something the others do not.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 06:19 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Squallix was in a roll, though. Off topic, but rolling.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 07:51 PM