KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sidious vs. Valkorion: what would change your mind?

Sidious vs. Valkorion: what would change your mind?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Idk, man. I have DE Sidious above Valkorion at this point, (though on the same level/in the same tier), but it ultimately comes down to where Ziost puts Valkorion in relation to Sidious, as Elm said. If the Ziost feat is like ROTJ Sidious tier, then I think the case can be made that FP Valkorion has parity with DE Sidious.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:08 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. My bad. But your user name is similar to his.
2. Yes. Unless you have proof to back that up(other than Force storms and misunderstood context performances)

So the accolades that list him as the best as well as superior feats don't count. Ok.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:09 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Not sure why you think the most powerful quotes apply to Valkorion

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:10 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Idk, man. I have DE Sidious above Valkorion at this point, (though on the same level/in the same tier), but it ultimately comes down to where Ziost puts Valkorion in relation to Sidious, as Elm said. If the Ziost feat is like ROTJ Sidious tier, then I think the case can be made that FP Valkorion has parity with DE Sidious.

A Force storm generated by wielding Dark Side energies>a Force sensitive who absorbed into himself the power of two planets? Alrighty, then. Happy Dance

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
So the accolades that list him as the best as well as superior feats don't count. Ok.

Accolades are useless in a versus thread if a character has shown more than enough on-screen to confirm or infirm those certain statements. I should have included accolades at the misunderstood context section. The blame falls surely on my shoulders.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Not really. I usually dismiss such accolades with "x" being the strongest character that has ever lived. But it is self-evident that Bioware has taken another direction with their major characters. They clearly do not follow Lucas' vision of what Star Wars should be like.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:16 PM
DarthCaedus77

Valkorion may have abandoned the sith but he was still a sith at one point, it says Sidious was more powerful than every sith, not specifically when they were a sith if that makes sense. Valk isn't bad by any means but I hold him below base ROTS-ROTJ Sidious, DE Sidious demolishes him.

-Jacen Solo

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:25 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Not really. I usually dismiss such accolades with "x" being the strongest character that has ever lived. But it is self-evident that Bioware has taken another direction with their major characters. They clearly do not follow Lucas' vision of what Star Wars should be like.

Ain't that the truth. >.> They really went off the rails....I mean vanilla TOR is fine, but everything after that...yeah..

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Valkorion may have abandoned the sith but he was still a sith at one point, it says Sidious was more powerful than every sith, not specifically when they were a sith if that makes sense. Valk isn't bad by any means but I hold him below base ROTS-ROTJ Sidious, DE Sidious demolishes him.

No, that makes no sense. Sidious’ most powerful quotes don’t retroactively apply to people who were once Sith but then stopped being Sith, because Valkorion literally isn’t a Sith Lord. If Sidious is “the most powerful Sith Lord ever,” it only applies to people who are Sith Lords, which Valkorion isn’t. You’d be hard-pressed to somehow prove that the quotes retroactively apply to Valkorion, and I think Occam’s Razor is on my side here: you’re deriving more from the quotes than what’s actually being stated.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 05:45 PM
DarthCaedus77

Eh, fair enough Sidious still beats him by feats in my opinion so whether or not those quotes stand matters little to me.

-Jacen Solo

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 06:21 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ain't that the truth?>.> They really went off the rails....I mean vanilla TOR is fine, but everything after that...yeah..

I fixed your comment.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 01:04 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The Emperor is still called the most powerful force of evil the galaxy had ever known, which is pretty explicit.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 06:58 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Plagueis, when he mentions Valkorion, doesn't seem to be that enamored or interested about his power, but maybe this is because there was so little information on Valkorion by that point.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He calls him the closest thing the Sith ever got to immortality, though it's only a vaguely referenced Sith Emperor. On the other hand, Plagueis doesn't believe in Sith spirits or even the Netherworld of the Force. So how relevant his opinions are is highly debatable.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 07:36 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Azronger
The Emperor is still called the most powerful force of evil the galaxy had ever known, which is pretty explicit.

Now go and analyze the context of the source, then come back and tell us why is that

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 10:03 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Powerful force of evil in what context? What's the source?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 10:04 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

This is the signature of Azronger and his friends. They cite sources out of context when they see absolute accolades.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 10:08 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Az just does it for a laugh, so he's fine. Pretty sure he's referring the old 2006 Complete Visual Dictionary, that only covers the PT/OT.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 10:20 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Most likely.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 10:57 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

showing me a feat better than plagueis reaching out to everyone in the galaxy would be a nice start.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:45 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote