KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Drew Karpyshyn's opinion(of Darth Bane) about Darth Sidious

Drew Karpyshyn's opinion(of Darth Bane) about Darth Sidious
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

Drew Karpyshyn's opinion(of Darth Bane) about Darth Sidious

quote:
Interviewer: "What would Darth Bane think of Darth Sidious and his stewardship of the Sith Order?"

quote:
Drew Karpyshyn: "My completely unofficial opinion is that he’d be disappointed in Sidious. I got the feeling the Emperor wasn’t really interested in finding someone strong enough to take his place; he was more interested in ruling forever. He also violated the Rule of Two several times – he had Darth Maul working for him while Dooku was his apprentice, and when Vader was his apprentice his focus was on using Vader to recruit Luke. Add in some of the extended universe information and you find out that Sidious had all sorts of people he was grooming and training in the dark side – he twisted the Rule of Two into something Bane wouldn’t even recognize. If you ask Bane, he’d probably say that’s why the Emperor lost."

https://www.unboundworlds.com/2011/...republic-revan/

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He did fvck up though, Vader would've been Bane's wet dream. But instead he failed to see his apprentice's mental shortcomings. Which wasted the single greatest prospect the Sith Order ever had.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:09 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
He did fvck up though, Vader would've been Bane's wet dream. But instead he failed to see his apprentice's mental shortcomings. Which wasted the single greatest prospect the Sith Order ever had.

Even Bane, at his own turn, is some sort of "impostor". If we take it chronologically, Krayt should be the "truest" Sith - because his Rule of One is similar to Ajunta Pall's leadership system.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

quote:
he had Darth Maul working for him while Dooku was his apprentice

Back up. What?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Depending on the source you look at, yes, he was two-timing them.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 03:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Who cares about what Bane thinks?

"On the edge of sanity"

Last edited by TenebrousWay on Oct 1st, 2018 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 04:00 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

All Sith think other Sith are trash

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 04:16 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Some respect others.

Simms was extremely respected in the Golden Era of the Sith, though everyone worked together at that point of time.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 04:19 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by The Merchant

thumb up

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Some respect others.

Simms was extremely respected in the Golden Era of the Sith, though everyone worked together at that point of time.

Sure, but of course no sith will ever see eye-to-eye with anyone with a different ideology. It's strangely the one ideology all sith seem to share.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Bane has a point, although, I'm not sure Sidious truly never intended to have a heir. After all, he did know Anakin had the potential to surpass him and still decided to make him his apprentice. I believe he even says something like this at some point: "My apprentice will become more powerful than either of us." I might be mistaken, but I do believe he does say that.

I mean, it's not like he intended Vader to be burnt and to be so psychologically hindered that he wouldn't live up to his potential. At least I don't think so.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I think despite Palpatines later plans he still low key wanted to be succeeded. His comments on Anakin Galen and Luke all indicate that.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 07:20 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Petrus
I might be mistaken, but I do believe he does say that.
Seriously? erm

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Petrus
Bane has a point, although, I'm not sure Sidious truly never intended to have a heir. After all, he did know Anakin had the potential to surpass him and still decided to make him his apprentice. I believe he even says something like this at some point: "My apprentice will become more powerful than either of us." I might be mistaken, but I do believe he does say that.

I mean, it's not like he intended Vader to be burnt and to be so psychologically hindered that he wouldn't live up to his potential. At least I don't think so.

Bane's point got obsolete. Palpatine's rule is the best, followed by Krayt's.

To rule: Sidious' Rule of Eternal
To conquer: Krayt's Rule of One
To overthrow: Bane's Rule of Two

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:54 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Merchant

Don't "modern" Sith speak highly of the ancient Sith?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:54 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Bane would be jealous of Sidious' success and power.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Sinious
Seriously? erm

I got my wires crossed. erm

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Trocity
Bane would be jealous of Sidious' success and power.

That's true.

The only thing Bane gets credit for is that he destroyed a "corrupt" Sith organization.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 01:09 PM