KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chris Pratt also hasn't had the online mob truly come for him...yet.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 07:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Just joined the Gina Carano fan club and dropped Disney+. Didnt even know we had Disney+ until wife told me she got it for the granddaughter.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 08:42 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Chris Pratt also hasn't had the online mob truly come for him...yet.

Would take more than Internet trolls to get Disney to fire him.

That said hes keeping his views mostly to himself. And he stuck up for Gunn when he was fired.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 08:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was trolls that basically got Gina fired. Though yes he's worth a lot more.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 09:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

She just signed a movie deal with Ben Shapiros Daily Wire. Funny thing is Shapiro is Jewish. He doesnt seem upset about her comments.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 05:02 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Shapiro is the jewish Uncle Tom.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 05:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The Liberal tyrants will get what is coming to them.

The retaliation is coming.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 08:28 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So Gina had clarified in a tweet that her anti mask stance wasnt actually anti mask, but that her opinion was to be procuring good quality masks for health workers first before the general public buys them all up.

None of her tweets are anything to get fired over. And if Disney keeps getting rid of good characters because they decide they dont like the actors, then Star Wars will go to shit again pretty fast.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 09:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, the mask one was one that I was referring to as being open to interpretation. But, of course, the people who are against her and want her out would have intentionally tried to interpret it in the worst way possible and then do their best to make sure that's what gets spread around to others. And the pronoun one was apparently an R2-D2 joke.

But then some of these people will outright edit clips, posts etc. to get people they dislike in trouble/fired, so it's not really surprising. People brought up Chris Pratt, for example. People apparently made bigoted fake Tweets to try and get him cancelled because they dislike his views. And Disney needs to be careful, because people like RDJ and Jon Favreau hate cancel culture, so if they keep catering to these cancel mob people they might lose support and potential future projects with those two as well. RDJ has defended Pratt in the past when people tried to come for him and apparently Jon Favreau had previously stepped in to try and stop Gina from getting the axe.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 16th, 2021 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 02:22 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, the mask one was one that I was referring to as being open to interpretation. But, of course, the people who are against her and want her out would have intentionally tried to interpret it in the worst way possible and then do their best to make sure that's what gets spread around to others. And the pronoun one was apparently an R2-D2 joke.

Yeah I originally read the mask one as a joke. It COULD have been an anti-mask Implication in there, but was nothing concrete.

I think the pronoun was making fun of not being able to use He/She for fear of insulting Transgendas

So making fun of the over the top culture around transgendas and not transgendas themselves. Which I actually found funny tbh.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 08:34 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As I said before, they often decide to interpret things conservatives say in the worst possible light while giving those of similar ideology the benefit of the doubt. Has Disney said *anything* to Pedro Pascal about comparing anyone wearing a maga hat to nazis? Has he been labeled an anti-semite for downplaying the suffering of jews in nazi death camps by comparing them to ice detention centers? Has anyone here seen anyone who labeled Carano an anti-semite be consistent and call Pascal one? At best these things have been met with silence, at worst we have seen people try to justify his comparisons("some jewish people agree!" is a particularly silly one).

We see it in news media too, like when the New York Times hired Sarah Jeong despite her posting several racist tweets about white people while having just fired a white reporter for supposed racism not long before that.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 06:53 PM
Darth Thor

^ But did the internet make a fuss over Pedros tweets? From what I can tell they were made two years ago and no one brought it up until now, and only to point out Disneys hypocrisy. So I just think the Woke crowd stir up more shit. That said Disney probably are more Democrat than Republican.

On another note, People at Lucasfilm are really going overboard now insulting Gina. Really no need for it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 07:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ But did the internet make a fuss over Pedros tweets? From what I can tell they were made two years ago and no one brought it up until now, and only to point out Disneys hypocrisy. So I just think the Woke crowd stir up more shit. That said Disney probably are more Democrat than Republican.

On another note, People at Lucasfilm are really going overboard now insulting Gina. Really no need for it.

Maybe they didn't know about it before, but they surely know about it now.

Who insulted her?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 08:02 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
Who insulted her?

https://youtu.be/p4mipRj-n6M

^ Henry Gilroy, Freddie Prince Jnr and Matt Martin.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 08:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Insanity And the logic used to call her transphobic is that she made a joke about transgender pronouns, so going by that it would mean James Gunn's jokes about child molestation mean he really does molest kids.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 10:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also the video shows as far back as April of 2020 she was tweeting about how we need to get healthcare workers masks.

Unbelievable. This is truly ridiculous.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 10:24 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I read through the last few pages and was going to comment before realising I don't give a shit about Gina Carano's political opinions or Disney's hiring and firing beyond that I think they've misjudged how well liked her character is and that they've probably shot themselves in the foot by damaging the single piece of IP holding Star Wars together at this point.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 01:03 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 02:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It sucks cuz I enjoyed her character. I would have been interested to see more.

I truly do hope she finds work. And I don't mean doing movies for Ben Shapiro. I sometimes read the DW and I have no issues with Ben, but it just seems like she got banished to purgatory lol.

And yeah Burr is right I hope they don't go after him too. Did you see they're trying to cancel Hawkeye again? This is crazy.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 03:06 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Seaon 3 airs next Feb

What happened imbecilic morons?? I thought you cretins said season 3 would be its last.. Someone should tell Favreau that since he is already working on season 4

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 31st, 2022 08:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote