KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Maul Vs Snake Eyes

Darth Maul Vs Snake Eyes
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Darth Maul Vs Snake Eyes

Comics versions.

(please log in to view the image)

Fight takes place at the Eden Prairie Center Mall.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 03:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Close combat would end badly for maul. Other than that, Maul should be able to strangle snake eyes from the beginning of the fight.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 04:57 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thought SE might pull a ‘ninja vanish’ in the crowd.

POOF!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 09:12 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathslash
Close combat would end badly for maul.
Why so?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 09:16 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The only one who can defeat Maul is Kenobi, tbh thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 10:03 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The only one who can defeat Maul is Kenobi, tbh thumb up

Why so?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 10:28 AM
deathslash

Originally posted by Galan007
Why so?
he's just.....not that good tbh. He has so many losses and near losses that it's rediculous. He nearly died fighting against that random Padawan back in his miniseries, then he beats Qui-gon Jinn and looks like a badass.....right before Padawan Kenobi does a full jump over him and bisects him..... Then, when he finally regains his sanity, he beats Kenobi and it all looks like he's a beast in CQC....until and injured and outnumbered Kenobi beats both Mail and Savage using both an unfamiliar lightsaber and a style that he's not even a master of. Then, Maul tried to take over the underworld and he and Savage actually struggle with beating some mercenaries. Then, he has trouble taking down Pre Vizla......who skilled though he was, isn't on par with Snake Eyes. It's just.............so many losses and he receives even more by the time he eventually dies.

Snake Eyes' swords have demonstrated resistance to plasma based weapons before (from lasers to energy swords, to plasma swords), so Mauls main avenue of winning goes out the window. He has some insane wins over some very powerful opponents, actually is known for disappearing in the middle of a fight (something that Maul, for all of his speed can't lay claim to), is almost certainly stronger than Mail, has rediculous pain tolerance, and better high end feats.
Originally posted by riv6672
Thought SE might pull a ‘ninja vanish’ in the crowd.

POOF!
yeah, after my initial post, I rethought it, he could vanish, but I suspect that Maul would start cutting down the civvies just to make him react.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 03:07 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And you also have instances in both canon and Legends where an enraged Maul was able to legitimately challenge Palpatine himself in sabers, and actually defeated Vader sabers. It's all about what his mindset is going into this fight, tbh.

...Not that he'd even need to draw his lightsaber to win, but still.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 6th, 2018 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 03:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Galan007
And you also have instances in both canon and Legends where an enraged Maul was able to legitimately challenge Palpatine himself in sabers, and actually defeated Vader sabers. It's all about what his mindset is going into this fight, tbh.

...Not that he'd even need to draw his lightsaber to win, but still.
yeah, I'm not saying that he doesn't have some beastly feats, just that they happen what, once for every two losses? Also, unfortunately for Maul, his showings in Rebels legitimately make him seem like trash. He beat up the inquisitors (who themselves were garbage, seriously, the first Inquisitor was the only impressive one), got stalemated by an adult Ashoka, and then failed (rather hilariously) to beat an injured and completely blind Kanan. The worst part is that he died in three moves to Kenobi, the same Kenobi who could only manage to stalemate Vader. Sadly, as time went on, Maul grew stagnant and finally weak enough to be decisively beaten by someone that he was once a peer to......

Anyway, Snake Eyes could conceivably get close enough to get into close combat. He's notoriously difficult for telepaths to sense/detect after all...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 12:33 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Where Rebels Maul is concerned, Matt Martin(a chief creative executive and part of the official Lucasfilm Story Group) confirmed that he was old and out of practice at the time:
https://i.imgur.com/rOcfpmk.jpg
...Which certainly helps explain his lackluster portrayal(s) during that period.

But if we're talking *peak* Maul, he can undoubtedly best SE in close combat as long as he goes into this angry and out for the kill. However, if Maul goes into this arrogant and trying to play with his opponent(as he did against TPM Kenobi, for example), then yeah, SE can beat him.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:21 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 11:12 AM
riv6672

Always great to get info on SW characters and how they match up w. others. thumb up

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 11:38 AM