KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Most touching scene?

Most touching scene?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

Most touching scene?

What scene in the franchise do you find the most touching? A scene that hits you in the feels.

canon or legends. whatever.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

When Maul ignited his lightsaber for absolutely no discernable reason whatsoever, and I realised I hadn't actually had to pay to watch that fender bender.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:06 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Anakin’s mother dying in his arms.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Leia's "I'll be luminous" line from Poe Dameron #14 was pretty cool, because the issue was released a few days after Carrie Fisher died.

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
When Maul ignited his lightsaber for absolutely no discernable reason whatsoever, and I realised I hadn't actually had to pay to watch that fender bender.
He did it to threaten her. That wasn't so bad. It'd be like igniting your fist in a video chat or something. Maybe you and Az are skyping and he calls Kun a pussy and you manage to get your hand up to resemble a fist shape to show him who he's messing with.

Same concept. Darth Maul likes to threaten girls. That's the story Star Wars was finally going to reveal before they realized they only want to do sequels now.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 04:47 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nom Anor's death, i cry every time

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 04:57 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

For all its problems, the Last Jedi really nailed the sadness in Luke and Leia’s reunion at the end of the film.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 04:59 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

The moment as the corrupt Alliance defeated the glorious Yuuzhan Vong.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
The moment as the corrupt Alliance defeated the glorious Yuuzhan Vong.

that too, i nearly cried when yuuzhan vong disappeared alongside Sekot into unknown regions, couldn't hold my tears when Nas Choka surrendered

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 05:05 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

Sheev's death. Of course.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Nas Choka had succeeded in recalling many but not all of his commanders from occupied worlds. Every few days, word would reach Zonama Sekot of a costly skirmish in one star system or another. On Coruscant, too, many commanders had surrendered, though rumors persisted-and would probably continue to persist-of bands of Yuuzhan Vong warriors hiding out in the dense temperate forests of the northern hemisphere.

Instead of returning to normal, the galaxy was slowly changing. Having been crowned a hero-even by his own Bothans-Admiral Traest Kre'fey had assumed the rank of Supreme Commander of Alliance forces, following the unexpected resignation of Sien Sovv.

Dif Scaur, the impetus behind Alpha Red, was also gone, gently forced into early retirement by Cal Omas, and replaced as director of Intelligence by Belindi Kalenda. Omas had assured Luke that all stores of the bioweapon had been destroyed, along with the genetic blueprint itself, since there were many who felt that the Alliance had been too compassionate with the enemy.

Several species that had endured the brunt of the invasion were still demanding that the entire warrior caste be executed-an act of reprisal even Omas might have sanctioned were it not for Nas Choka's steadfast willingness to oblige. Still, no one wanted to risk a sudden recanting by the warmaster.

So, immediately following the summit, all Yuuzhan Vong warriors had been transferred to the bellies of several Star Destroyers and troop transports, and the vessels that had comprised the mighty alien armada had been launched into Coruscant's sun, carrying with them all weapons of war.

On Zonama Sekot, repair work to the cliff dwellings and other damaged structures continued day and night. The Ferroans were nonplussed by Sekot's willingness to bestow half of Zonama on the species that had tried to destroy it. But except for a few of the younger Ferroans who had decided to depart, most of the indigenous population had simply resigned themselves to Sekot's decision. Luke had been awaiting an opportunity to gather all the Jedi in one place, and was finally able to do that when Errant Venture returned to Zonama Sekot, bearing the children and other Jedi from the Maw.

how can one not cry reading it

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 05:40 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

The death of Chewbacca.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

(please log in to view the image)

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Probably something with Anakin. Maybe some moments with Anakin and Shmi, possibly certain representations of the slaughter of the tusken raiders.

The Last Jedi also had tons of great touching moments imo.

Just thinking of Star Wars and what it's meant to me in the past is pretty touching. And of course the John Williams score that is a symbol of star wars can make anything seem touching. Luke looking at that sunset. Han in the Millenium Falcon. There's way too many touching scenes to count and it's impossible to pick one.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote