KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magic user from Marvel fight

Magic user from Marvel fight
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Also, they're bringing Tim Hunter back. Books of Magic #1.

Timothy Hunter may be destined tobecome the most powerful magician in the universe, but he’s still a London teenager, and having magical abilities complicates things more than it helps. It’s not like he can use magic to pass his exams, stop being bullied or convince his cute friend to date him. And while Tim’s trying to live his life, there are cultists who want to kill him, believing his power will eventually corrupt him into becoming a merciless mage. Oh, and those are the good guys. Luckily, his new substitute teacher is more than she appears, and may be able to help Tim discover the mystery behind the Books of Magic…

Tim kills Spectre and every DC mage on the planet.

(please log in to view the image)

Also, I forgot Tim's father:

Thanks for Galan for the pics.

Where are these scans from?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 12:43 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why not? Guys I mentioned are above the ones on the list. Mordru, for instance, took down the JSA by himself. He's not on the list.

When did we start ignoring DC rankings?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 01:16 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol at the hood. Such a scrub

The guy with the hellfire chain was even worse, Sin. Remember him from Secret Warriors?

Hood at least had a great mini-series in Dark Reign. But I agree, he doesn't belong on the list, same with the chain dude.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 01:36 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The guy with the hellfire chain was even worse, Sin. Remember him from Secret Warriors?

Hood at least had a great mini-series in Dark Reign. But I agree, he doesn't belong on the list, same with the chain dude.

Three of the characters i dont recognize. The lady with the grey hair...the other flaming skull guy...and the guy beneath Voodoo. I also don't get the hype around Voodoo. The rest are ok although i think Doom is lacking in magical feats and Magik is oversold sometimes. Even current strange shouldn't be much of a bother

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 01:46 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by carver9

Dc just ranked Tim as the most powerful magic user. Not even close

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 01:53 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Not sure what issue, but it's in Books of Magic.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 01:54 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Swamp thing isn't even a mage. Not like the others.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 02:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

About the same time you started ignoring any feat that didn't make Superman look bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 02:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Three of the characters i dont recognize. The lady with the grey hair...the other flaming skull guy...and the guy beneath Voodoo. I also don't get the hype around Voodoo. The rest are ok although i think Doom is lacking in magical feats and Magik is oversold sometimes. Even current strange shouldn't be much of a bother

You've been posting with us for more than 12 years, Sin. Don't embarrass us! You should know those characters better than RL people at this point stick out tongue

The lady is Clea, Strange's ex-girlfriend.

The guy beneath Voodoo is the one I was talking about... he was a member of the Secret Warriors and a traitor. James Taylor James a.k.a. "Hellfire".

The flaming skull character is either Dormammu or Zarathos. Most likely Dormammu, as that's how the artist depicted him when he possessed the Hood.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 02:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by -K-M-
laughing out loud

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 02:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You've been posting with us for more than 12 years, Sin. Don't embarrass us! You should know those characters better than RL people at this point stick out tongue

The lady is Clea, Strange's ex-girlfriend.

The guy beneath Voodoo is the one I was talking about... he was a member of the Secret Warriors and a traitor. James Taylor James a.k.a. "Hellfire".

The flaming skull character is either Dormammu or Zarathos. Most likely Dormammu, as that's how the artist depicted him when he possessed the Hood.

Clea is a throwaway character. Secret Warriors were trash after Phobos death and Dorm or Zarathos shouldn't be included with this rabble since they either work thru avatars or shadow versions of their true selves.

It's funny i was picking up some dollar bargain bin comics from a local store and this guy tried to school me on what's the best comic to read. My knowledge is supreme

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 04:11 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Clea is a throwaway character. Secret Warriors were trash after Phobos death and Dorm or Zarathos shouldn't be included with this rabble since they either work thru avatars or shadow versions of their true selves.

It's funny i was picking up some dollar bargain bin comics from a local store and this guy tried to school me on what's the best comic to read. My knowledge is supreme

It's just a cover, Sin. They're never meant to be taken literally.

Hellfire's only ability was setting his chain on hellfire, so he had no business being considered, either.

I was disappointed with Voodoo becoming a new Sorcerer Supreme.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 04:41 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Zack, dont change the list. DC outright said the people above are the most powerful mages.

No they didnt. They said they were each the most powerful of thier type of magic user. Since most archmages are more powerful than sorcerers and sorcoerers more powerful than magicians Zatanna wouldnt make the list at all if they were the "most powerful".

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 04:46 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Carver needs to read some justice league dark.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 04:49 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Magic user from Marvel fight

You mean the list from DC Nation or the ones I mentioned? Hectate and Tim are above Phantom.

Tim has the potential to be above PS but he hasnt shownnit as accomplished feats yet. So Hectate can beat Spectre?? Because PS has. Mordru (who like Nabu is obviously an archmage like Arion post flashpoint) is below PS also. That fact that they are above fate is meaningless as Fate is the peak of artifact wielding sorcerer not personal ppwer wielding archmage.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 04:52 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Zack, dont change the list. DC outright said the people above are the most powerful mages.

No they didn't.

Different schools, and their most powerful wielders.

That's like me making a list of the fastest basketball players from each of the different teams in the US.....and you coming around and making it out to be the fastest sportsmen in the world.

Edit: a better analogy, is me making a list of the fastest football players in each position they play.

Then you come round and say it's a list of the fastest football players, full stop. When the 2nd/3rd/4th placed QB could still smoke the 1st fullback or whatever.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Oct 7th, 2018 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 03:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Books of Magic #4 (1991)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 03:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No they didn't.

Different schools, and their most powerful wielders.

That's like me making a list of the fastest basketball players from each of the different teams in the US.....and you coming around and making it out to be the fastest sportsmen in the world.

Edit: a better analogy, is me making a list of the fastest football players in each position they play.

Then you come round and say it's a list of the fastest football players, full stop. When the 2nd/3rd/4th placed QB could still smoke the 1st fullback or whatever.

Shazam(Billy) should have represented the champion category.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 03:34 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Shazam(Billy) should have represented the champion category.

Same way these lists usually don't have WW in them. Sure, they're magic, but it's not like they're spellcasters or whatever *shrug*

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 03:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Galan007
The Books of Magic #4 (1991)

Thx

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 04:02 PM