KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist vs ANY street (With smart fighting)

Iron Fist vs ANY street (With smart fighting)
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Iron Fist vs ANY street (With smart fighting)

Take anyone you want. Cap, Shiva, Spidey (A meta, I know), doesn't matter. I say Danny beats any of them.

And I'll tell you why.

What is the best time to throw an Iron Fist?

Answer: Soon as the other guy commits to an attack.

I don't care if you're Cassandra Cain with magic body reading, once you commit to an attack, and the other guy has a charged Iron Fist, you've lost. It's physically impossible to dodge and lean into a punch at the same time.
If you're punching, or kicking, that means the other person can chose to hit you back, at the same time. If you ignore all defense, this is simplicity itself.

Boxers do it all the time. Only, in their case, they have to time it because they have normal punch's, while Danny has a chi attack that lets hm charge up his little pinky and send you flying. He probably doesn't even need to flex
that hard, and can just throw out jabs, which you need to hit him with full force haymakers. Odds are in his favor.

So that's my argument. Anyone disagree?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 11:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Feinting is a thing.

And, since you're allowing metas, some folks could eat the attack and force Danny into the same situation. Namely, Wolverine and folks with strong healing factors.

Trading attacks works in their favor rather than Danny's.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 8th, 2018 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 12:20 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Feinting is a thing.

And, since you're allowing metas, some folks could eat the attack and force Danny into the same situation. Namely, Wolverine and folks with strong healing factors.

I knew someone would bring Logan up, and fair game. thumb up

But as for someone without his damage soak, a feint only works if:

1. The other guy is fooled.

2. The other guy overcommits.

In my scenerio, even if 1 applies, he wouldn't need to overcommit, due to the nature of the Iron Fist.

That nature being, the chi does most of the work. In theory, he can be laying flat on his back, with zero leverage, and he would still outpunch you.

We've SEEN him topple people with his finger tips (Or at least, I have. I've been looking for the issue for years, but it definitely happened.)

Cap throws his best sunday punch, and Danny throws a charged jab, Cap really should lose that exchange.

But even if that wasn't the case, why couldn't he simply nullify a feint by only reacting as soon as he's certain the things gonna hit? Like, right at the last moment?

Or even after he takes the hit?

As long as he isn't KO'd in one punch, it's game over.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 8th, 2018 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 12:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Re: Iron Fist vs ANY street (With smart fighting)

Originally posted by cdtm

Not at all. cool

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 12:49 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

John Constantine is the most physically weak street that could take danny out with ease so......yeah, he can be beaten.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 01:04 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Take anyone you want. Cap, Shiva, Spidey (A meta, I know), doesn't matter. I say Danny beats any of them.

And I'll tell you why.

What is the best time to throw an Iron Fist?

Answer: Soon as the other guy commits to an attack.

I don't care if you're Cassandra Cain with magic body reading, once you commit to an attack, and the other guy has a charged Iron Fist, you've lost. It's physically impossible to dodge and lean into a punch at the same time.
If you're punching, or kicking, that means the other person can chose to hit you back, at the same time. If you ignore all defense, this is simplicity itself.

Boxers do it all the time. Only, in their case, they have to time it because they have normal punch's, while Danny has a chi attack that lets hm charge up his little pinky and send you flying. He probably doesn't even need to flex
that hard, and can just throw out jabs, which you need to hit him with full force haymakers. Odds are in his favor.

I disagree. I say Cap beats him and you're a communist to suggest otherwise.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 01:18 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Feinting is a thing.

Logan was who immediately came to mind yeah.

The same principle can also apply to Logan, arguably even more-so. Logan could easily unsheathe his claws for a punch as his opponent commits to an attack and it would be as devastating if the blow lands, and would phuck with the depth perception of his enemies because he is suddenly increasing his reach by what? Ten inches?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 01:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro

The same principle can also apply to Logan, arguably even more-so. Logan could easily unsheathe his claws for a punch as his opponent commits to an attack and it would be as devastating if the blow lands, and would phuck with the depth perception of his enemies because he is suddenly increasing his reach by what? Ten inches?

Plus with his healing factor and skeleton, he can tank any attack.

Although to be fair, he does do exactly this, sometimes. Against possessed Spider-Herc and his cut anything sword, he simply took the stab, then stabbed Herc back, in the arm.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 01:49 AM
StyleTime

I knew someone would bring Logan up, and fair game. thumb up

But as for someone without his damage soak, a feint only works if:

1. The other guy is fooled.

2. The other guy overcommits.

In my scenerio, even if 1 applies, he wouldn't need to overcommit, due to the nature of the Iron Fist.

That nature being, the chi does most of the work. In theory, he can be laying flat on his back, with zero leverage, and he would still outpunch you.

We've SEEN him topple people with his finger tips (Or at least, I have. I've been looking for the issue for years, but it definitely happened.)

Cap throws his best sunday punch, and Danny throws a charged jab, Cap really should lose that exchange.

But even if that wasn't the case, why couldn't he simply nullify a feint by only reacting as soon as he's certain the things gonna hit? Like, right at the last moment?

Or even after he takes the hit?

As long as he isn't KO'd in one punch, it's game over.

Sure, I agree against typical streets he is at a pretty large advantage in melee.

Cap is interesting only because of the shield though. He could attack and still maintain some manner of defense.
Originally posted by NemeBro

thumb up Pretty much. And the thing about Logan/Laura/Daken/etc, is that, in theory, even a simple jab is potentially lethal.

I mean, I know it's comics so we can't have the story cut short. If you can't heal though, they legit could just land a neck jab and walk off. Even if they trade attacks to do it. You'll bleed out. They won't.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 10:00 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Logan/Laura/Daken don't even need to throw a punch - they can just hold their fist up. And then shoot.

But yeah. IF is a low meta. So by definition, he's above the streets.

That doesn't mean with smart fighting, some streets can't beat him. Black Panther and Batman come to mind. Rose Tattoo, maybe. Grifter is still a street tier.

Of the low metas, Ambrose Chase, Deathstroke, Midnighter, Prometheus, Swift and Longshot could beat him.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 10:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Logan/Laura/Daken don't even need to throw a punch - they can just hold their fist up. And then shoot.

But yeah. IF is a low meta. So by definition, he's above the streets.

That doesn't mean with smart fighting, some streets can't beat him. Black Panther and Batman come to mind. Rose Tattoo, maybe. Grifter is still a street tier.

Of the low metas, Ambrose Chase, Deathstroke, Midnighter, Prometheus, Swift and Longshot could beat him.

Midnighter has that stupid computer brain plot device, so probably. It's like a Spider Sense that actually works more then it fails..

Slade, I bet Danny could beat in anything but the Ikon. He's fast, tough, has a decent enough hf. But Danny is vastly underestimated in damage soak ability. I mean, he had his back broken, and simply fought through it. Yeah, so has Batman, but he at least had to reset his spine.

He's also survived impacts that would splatter anyone not named Wolverine. Came in like a missile once, skipping across ice and snow, and walked it off.

Against streets in any given story, he won't be as tough, of course. He's as variable as the plot needs him to be.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 12:48 AM
cdtm

Sure, I agree against typical streets he is at a pretty large advantage in melee.

Cap is interesting only because of the shield though. He could attack and still maintain some manner of defense.

thumb up Pretty much. And the thing about Logan/Laura/Daken/etc, is that, in theory, even a simple jab is potentially lethal.

I mean, I know it's comics so we can't have the story cut short. If you can't heal though, they legit could just land a neck jab and walk off. Even if they trade attacks to do it. You'll bleed out. They won't.

He did, in fact, beat Cap in the way you're speculating.

Clawed him in the leg or thigh or something. Caused a blood clot.

This is Cap we're talking about, so the writer was more then fair in admitting he doesn't have Logan's healing factor (And I imagine there's a policy at Marvel against just anyone straight up defeating Cap without extenuating circumstances, since it happens so rarely..)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 12:52 AM