KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » One-Punch Man vs Thor

One-Punch Man vs Thor
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magnon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is no evidence of this claim.

There is even less evidence of this claim.

Neither have you, you've just projected your own ideas onto him.

This is not true.

In a considerably weaker setting than Marvel.

Thor at his classic levels would also easily one-shot the monsters Saitama does. The most the majority of powerful monsters (Dragon level) cap out at is about city busting. That is far beyond quite a few of Thor's feats.

Current Thor appears to be much weaker, but Thor with Mjolnir is packing more power than Saitama has ever been shown to possess, with the only thing against him being that he has several bad showings speed-wise.

Quite to the contrary. I'm not projecting my own ideas on him, I'm specifically going by what's been said in the series (e.g. by the lead scientist of the House of Evolution) and outside of the series by the creator.

Of course, it's NEVER possible to prove that someone's strength is infinite; we just have the in-series claim that he is without limits. But there hasn't been anything to contradict that so it's a good hypothesis at this point.

In contrast, whenever there have been claims about someone or something being invulnerable, unstoppable, unmovable, etc. in MARVEL, it has been proven wrong.

Thor has been shown to have limits. Thor has lost to monsters and villains several times. Saitama hasn't. He has lived up to his hype thus far. And, I have full confidence he will continue to do so. That's the writer-stated point of the character.

BTW, a character's powerset IS defined by his creator / writer. So you are wrong there, too.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 04:28 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Magnon
Quite to the contrary. I'm not projecting my own ideas on him, I'm specifically going by what's been said in the series (e.g. by the lead scientist of the House of Evolution) and outside of the series by the creator.

The lead scientist of the House of Evolution also thought that Carnage Kabuto was invincible until messily proven otherwise. He's hardly an authority my friend.

What has ONE said?

quote:
Of course, it's NEVER possible to prove that someone's strength is infinite;

Then why claim it?

quote:
we just have the in-series claim that he is without limits. But there hasn't been anything to contradict that so it's a good hypothesis at this point.

Within the context of his series, Saitama is indeed effectively wielding limitless power, the same way Yujiro Hanma from Baki the Grappler does within the context of his own.

But Saitama is from a considerably weaker setting than Thor's, and Hanma from a weaker setting than even Saitama's.

Someone like Thor (once again, classic levels with Mjolnir) would be just as invincible in the world of OPM.

quote:
In contrast, whenever there have been claims about someone or something being invulnerable, unstoppable, unmovable, etc. in MARVEL, it has been proven wrong.

Read above.

quote:
Thor has been shown to have limits. Thor has lost to monsters and villains several times. Saitama hasn't. He has lived up to his hype thus far. And, I have full confidence he will continue to do so. That's the writer-stated point of the character.

He probably will, and could even get some huge feats in the future to elevate him beyond the status of a top herald like classic Thor.

Does he have those feats now? No, not even close.

With that said, Saitama threads are inherently dumb because you are either assuming Saitama has no limits at all (which is fallacious), or you are basing your verdict on just the feats he has currently performed (which is also fallacious, since obviously wasn't using his full strength). I do prefer the latter though.

quote:
BTW, a character's powerset IS defined by his creator / writer. So you are wrong there, too.

No, if a creator intended to write one thing but actually wrote the other, we go by what is actually shown.

OPM doesn't really have this problem so it doesn't matter, but I felt you could use my correction. smile

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 10:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

OPM ftw, boros kicked saitama straight to the moon with no affect
saitama took planet busting attack like shrugging off wind blowing on his shoulder.
so far has not been injured

I will give a comparison, genos post upgrade is close to iron man level as far as offensive output goes, s class heroes are at least high meta level in marvel. the new manga, flashy flash literally killed two dragon level speedsters in second, and they exchanged blows hundreds of time. and they are literally fleas compare to saitama

you cannot compare thor's best to saitama. saitama has not even shown his best, his limit yet. he has yet struggle with a single fight and he's not gonna in the future. maybe someone after garos will give him trouble who knows. also thor has like 50 times more appearance and most of his good feats are classic era at least 20 years ago. current thor loses to everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if he get his ass whooped by doctor octopus

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 07:46 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Saitama stomps, even if we exclude webcomic, the fight with Boros already put him league above thor

Saitama >>>>>Boros>Thor

Let's see, , after Saitama being punched by Boros from earth to the moon, he took no damage whatsoever, then He made a huge dent on the moon as side effect of jumping back

Boros going all out was capable of destroy planet, that was specifically stated, Saitama took the planet busting attack at point blank and reversed it

Saitama was not even serious during the whole fight, he was literally just sparring for fun, he was holding back tremendously

The only serious punch was the planet destruction counter punch that destroyed Boros, and shockwave of the punch easily split the cloud of earth open

Saitama so far has not been hurt the entire series, His upper limit is not even close to being reached. Thor been hurt so many freaking times

Hell even Worthy Thor been hurt so many freaking times, even by meta level

Current Thor is below the level of Boros if I'm being generous, Boros has way better offense output (destroy planet), and speed, also insane regeneration. the only thing he lacks is durability but Thor doesn't have that much damage output at all with the new Hammers.

Old Post May 4th, 2019 04:01 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Saitama allowed Boros, a high tier strength class being to pound on him with no effect. The bald head crew was tapping skyscraper buildings and knocking them down with ease and the strongest of them who amplified his strength even further (easily 100 tons or greater strength) punched Saitama clean in the face and he didnt even budge. Didnt feel it. The guy laid there and let a giant cloud height that was wrecking a city with his punches, pound on him and it did nothing. Nothing even a scratch. The shockwaves from a purposely missed punch destroyed a mountain. Saitama is so far above Thor physically that it isnt even funny. Thor gets One Punched.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 11th, 2019 12:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Nemebro is crazy.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 11th, 2019 12:55 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor bfr's Saitama into a black hole.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 11th, 2019 01:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
The lead scientist of the House of Evolution also thought that Carnage Kabuto was invincible until messily proven otherwise. He's hardly an authority my friend.

What has ONE said?

Then why claim it?

Within the context of his series, Saitama is indeed effectively wielding limitless power, the same way Yujiro Hanma from Baki the Grappler does within the context of his own.

But Saitama is from a considerably weaker setting than Thor's, and Hanma from a weaker setting than even Saitama's.

Someone like Thor (once again, classic levels with Mjolnir) would be just as invincible in the world of OPM.

Read above.

He probably will, and could even get some huge feats in the future to elevate him beyond the status of a top herald like classic Thor.

Does he have those feats now? No, not even close.

With that said, Saitama threads are inherently dumb because you are either assuming Saitama has no limits at all (which is fallacious), or you are basing your verdict on just the feats he has currently performed (which is also fallacious, since obviously wasn't using his full strength). I do prefer the latter though.

No, if a creator intended to write one thing but actually wrote the other, we go by what is actually shown.

OPM doesn't really have this problem so it doesn't matter, but I felt you could use my correction. smile

OPM isn't Popeye the Sailor. People argue like he is, but the difference is Popeye has actual feats of defeating "reality warping" everything under the sun, including real life animators (Whom he knocked out when they tried ending the show on a sour note.)

Popeye the Sailor Man would totally beat OPM, Dragon Ball, Marvel, and DC combined, imo. (Only the toon force power of Bug Bunny stands a chance.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 11th, 2019 01:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Carv and Mr.Mind are retarded.

Boros was a lifewiper, not a planet buster. MASSIVE difference. Saitama at best can MAYBE be scaled to planet buster.

Classic Thor would ragdoll him.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post May 14th, 2019 05:01 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

Classic Thor would ragdoll him.

forum rules genius, it's current thor
thor simply doesn't have the speed

Old Post May 14th, 2019 05:07 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MrMind
forum rules genius, it's current thor
thor simply doesn't have the speed

thumb up

Old Post May 14th, 2019 11:50 PM