KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SWVF Primer & Chronicle

SWVF Primer & Chronicle
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

SWVF Primer & Chronicle

Given the genuine consensus that SW debating is in its nadir, I thought it might be a fun and thoughtful reflective exercise for us to chronicle the history of this corner of the message board, unique in its passion and identity.

Let’s collectively chronicle the labryrhine events, characters, factions, and developments of KMC, from 2005 to present day.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 01:31 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

?-2005/2006: Antediluvians reign, Ragnos oneshots Sidious, hilariously bad debating and basic sentence construction skills

2006-2007: Palpatine becomes established as the GOAT sith, Luke gets uber wanked, first wave of actual debaters arrive en mass

2007-2010: Luke and Sidious are still supreme, though the ancients are regarded fairly highly with almost all the ancient sith + Bane being considered above Vader and able to give Sidious a moderate fight; powerscaling looked down on

2010-2013: early shadows of TOR and the Vitiate/Palpatine debate, many of the first wave of debaters begin to trickle away until only Gideon really remains

2014-2016: SWF and comicvine people start showing up, Bane dies becomes a thing, Sidious vs. Vitiate is basically the main debate, rise of powerscaling, ancient sith largely start getting placed well below Vader, beginnings of Anakin wank coming in near the end

2017-2018: rise of uber-wank-powerscaling, Sidious vs. Valkorion continues, more convos on hangouts than KMC at this point, Anakin wank reaches full throttle

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 02:22 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The timeline could be generally divided into four eons:

• The prehistoric: 2001-2005 - Before the invention of fire or the wheel, before the days of serious debating, the troglodytes dominated the lands.
  • The ancient: 2005-2011 - The dark ages where His Imperial Majesty was not yet considered paramount over all others, yet the coming of Lightsnake and his band of Sheevites changed that and smote the antediluvians; the Star Wars debating equivalent of World War I.
  • The modern: 2011-2017 - The Treaty of Versailles left the Germans bitter and resentful, which was mirrored with the loss of the antedeluvians after Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun had been thoroughly defecated on. They needed a new champion to rally behind and shake them out of the state of disarray and despondency. This diabolic droll materialized from the pages of Drew's dreadful writing, and would renew the hostilities between the Sheevites and those who would deny His Imperial Majesty, now reorganized as #teamswtor, or Vitidiots, as they have been derogatively sometimes called. After years of back-and-forth verbal fencing, the conflict was inexorably being won by the Sheevites. Although an official conclusion has not been issued, all but the most stubborn and delusional of the opposition would believe they still have a shot at a comeback.
  • The postmodern: 2018 onwards - While some would contest that SWTOR still lingers, and in some ways it does, the general consensus with Ant's tournament at the start of the year has been that the Sheevites reign has been pretty much irreversibly cemented. Much in the same way as the conclusion of World War II led to our current situation where race is a social construct and gender exists on a spectrum, what followed after the Sheevite-Vitidiot War was a debating mindset according to which Ventress can obliterate planets, Valkorion can snuff out star systems and Anakin Skywalker can shatter a multiverse with a punch. In essence, the structure of what was previously considered reasonable and objective has been uprooted and replaced with multiculturalism and postmodernism.

Well, that was my summarized take on the history of this board. I'd also suggest dividing the eons into eras, which in turn could be separated into periods, epochs, and ages.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Some game changers:

- Sidious most powerful quotes
- RotS novelization mining
- Banite scaling
- SWTOR
- SF Malak quote
- Plagueis novel

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 02:47 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
  • The ancient: 2005-2011 - The dark ages where His Imperial Majesty was not yet considered paramount over all others, yet the coming of Lightsnake and his band of Sheevites changed that and smote the antediluvians; the Star Wars debating equivalent of World War I.
Gideon took Sheev to the next level with his first Palpatine essay(think it was called "darkness beyond darkness" or somesuch.) At the time, it was certainly one of(if not *the*) most comprehensive list of Palpatine's feats/accolades on the interweb. That really stoked much of the Palpatine love that has continued to this day, imo.

I really like the idea of this thread, btw. Think I might pin it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

German SW forums always die after some weeks lol

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Galan007
Gideon took Sheev to the next level with his first Palpatine essay(think it was called "darkness beyond darkness" or somesuch.) At the time, it was certainly one of(if not *the*) most comprehensive list of Palpatine's feats/accolades on the interweb. That really stoked much of the Palpatine love that has continued to this day, imo.

I really like the idea of this thread, btw. Think I might pin it.

Yeah, that was a glorious read.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t508764.html

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

This gave me another idea.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I like this

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 04:17 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

It's strange to me because there are still several knowledgeable posters here-more then anywhere else at least. So Im curious why theres not more good debates these days? There def could be.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

2004-2008: shit filled with retards where people like Lightsnake, Gideon, Janus were gods because they could write in proper English and make one sentence tied logically with the previous; savage times, special needs school for the most disabled of all time, center of retardation

2008-2012: era where people like Neph were worthy of something; still a retarded cesspool, but not one that makes you question humanity

2012-2015: utter retardation dominates, but people that are able to make sense start arriving at the forums; Ant, ILS, Jack, people like those that could actually legitimately debate; those that were here from the times of utter retardation developed and became equals to the new quality arriving here; Gideon, Elm returning, etc.

2015-2016: after few years of some actual development, those that represented quality became bored, most CaV debates never even took off the ground, people representing anything have mostly withdrawn, people like me have become everything wrong with the forums, trolling all of the time, drawing others into their trolling; I was probably one of the worst things to happen to KMC at this point

2017-2018: everything evolved into utter cesspool; while mentally disabled retards from 2004 were at least trying, we now post equally retarded things for the lulz. Now the only difference is they were serious, while we are bored adults shitposting all the time.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 05:12 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

hehe

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Sometime in the near future : 7DimensionCat gets banned

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 05:39 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

How will I die, great shaman?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 05:49 PM
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Sometime in the near future : 7DimensionCat gets banned

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it happened lol

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 06:05 PM
The_Tempest

Great stuff from Az, Elm, and Bart. Let’s keep the chronicle coming! Blax is lurking so hopefully he’ll take a poke.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 07:07 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I feel bad because this is the type of subject I should have a comprehensive viewpoint on, since I've been actively posting here since January of 2006.

But tbh, everything from ~2007 to around 2018 is mostly a blur. confused Well, let's see...

2006: The Antediluvian represent the big boys on the block with the majority opinion; ancient Sith are all extremely overpowered, Kreia's in-universe quote about Ancient Sith throwing stars at each other is taken literally for some reason. Janus always stood out to me as the de facto leader of the group, though I was 13 at the time so the dynamic of the group might not have been recognizable to me. I was a dumb teenager so I bought most of the Ancient Sith arguments, but I argued against the group frequently because I didn't like the constant flaming. IKC and Sorgo especially were totally relentless when it came to bashing people who disagreed with them, but the whole group was pretty bad. Sorgo got banned eventually for having a sig with Hitler in it and talking shit to the mods. Numan and Palpatine's #1 fanboy Lightsnake were enemies #1 and #2. Numan was the "guy who got banned and made about 90 socks over the course of a year", TDTD is Dave aka Darth Sexy aka Dr. McBeefington no matter how much he denies it. I miss Fishy.

Here, enjoy the first thread I ever made on KMC- also Master Chief would *ABSOLUTELY* cumdumpster Jango Fett.

2007/2008: The first dark age of the Star Wars board I witnessed. Antediluvians were purged with temp bans and one or two perma's for flaming mods in the battle bar. As a result of that, Janus opened up his own board and most of them migrated there (and wew, let me tell you about the ****ing drama there). Board activity slows down, iirc Captain REX petitioned to have the swvf closed. With less Antediluvian around, Lightsnake was able to ascend and spread his pro-Sidious gospel to the boards. GM Nebaris makes his first account and buries his mouth in Bane's *******, the Nebaris wars begin. Dark Exodus aka Nephthys begins to get active. My good friend Jessiah aka Escape81 aka Gideon aka The Tempest aka The Kentucky Dawn reaches for the throne. My attention began to pivot to the video game vs forum around this time. I really, *really* wanted to have sex with Advent. All the bullshit that went on in the NJO/DN/LotF series established Luke as being the Ultimate Badass.

2009-2011: In the beginning of 2009 I was a senior and was having a lot of problems focusing in school, so I locked myself out of my account by changing my password and e-mail address to random numbers. As such I don't know much of what transpired here for that year. Anoon Bondera is the God of Star Wars because of a single hyperbolic line in a novel. The forum is mostly split between Nebaris and his endless socks, and Nephthys fellating Bane vs. Gideon fellating Sideous with other people floating in-between. Antedeluvian presence is almost non-existent beyond Faunus, Nai and Janus coming by occasionally to shitpost. I made a new account at the end of '09 but I also got a job and my activity dropped.

2012-2015: The Old Republic comes out and it's garbage. But it does breathe some life back into the forum. We get some new members, and some new characters to wank and compare to Palpatine. My activity was at an all-time low at this point and I had stopped trying to keep up with Star Wars lore at around 2010. Don't have much to say. TFA should have ushered in a new wave of enthusiasts but it didn't because Disney's been so desperate to masturbate over the OT that we've gotten very few new and interesting force users.

2016-Present: A bunch of retards migrated here from Comic Vine. They seem like nice kids for the most part though. Can't speak on the meta of the vs forum because I just don't know shit about TOR.

I really miss Zampano, Vene, Fanus, Fox, Calvin, DarthSaboteur, etc. Hope you lads are doing okay. thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 17th, 2018 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Can only really speak for after I joined. Can confirm that as of early 2013, Luke, Sidious, Bane, and the Ancients were all wanked to high hell here.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ellimist

2014-2016: SWF and comicvine people start showing up, Bane dies becomes a thing, Sidious vs. Vitiate is basically the main debate, rise of powerscaling, ancient sith largely start getting placed well below Vader, beginnings of Anakin wank coming in near the end

SWF migration began with Ant and I back in early 2013; 2014 was the second wave. Also, I don't think 2014-2016 should be packaged together; 2014 and 2015 were too distinct from one another, IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by 7DimnensionCat
The coalition of darkness should come back together for a reunion party and recount how we bent reality to our will.

Agreed.

Step up, Ant.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Oct 17th, 2018 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 09:35 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Great stuff from Az, Elm, and Bart. Let’s keep the chronicle coming! Blax is lurking so hopefully he’ll take a poke.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: you telling me tzeench is that hitsugaya guy from the battle bar archives?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 09:44 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I feel bad because this is the type of subject I should have a comprehensive viewpoint on, since I've been actively posting here since January of 2006.

But tbh, everything from ~2007 to around 2018 is mostly a blur. confused Well, let's see...

2006: The Antediluvian represent the big boys on the block with the majority opinion; ancient Sith are all extremely overpowered, Kreia's in-universe quote about Ancient Sith throwing stars at each other is taken literally for some reason. Janus always stood out to me as the de facto leader of the group, though I was 13 at the time so the dynamic of the group might not have been recognizable to me. I was a dumb teenager so I bought most of the Ancient Sith arguments, but I argued against the group frequently because I didn't like the constant flaming. IKC and Sorgo especially were totally relentless when it came to bashing people who disagreed with them, but the whole group was pretty bad. Sorgo got banned eventually for having a sig with Hitler in it and talking shit to the mods. Numan and Palpatine's #1 fanboy Lightsnake were enemies #1 and #2. Numan was the "guy who got banned and made about 90 socks over the course of a year", TDTD is Dave aka Darth Sexy aka Dr. McBeefington no matter how much he denies it. I miss Fishy.

Here, enjoy the first thread I ever made on KMC- also Master Chief would *ABSOLUTELY* cumdumpster Jango Fett.

2007/2008: The first dark age of the Star Wars board I witnessed. Antediluvians were purged with temp bans and one or two perma's for flaming mods in the battle bar. As a result of that, Janus opened up his own board and most of them migrated there (and wew, let me tell you about the ****ing drama there). Board activity slows down, iirc Captain REX petitioned to have the swvf closed. With less Antediluvian around, Lightsnake was able to ascend and spread his pro-Sidious gospel to the boards. GM Nebaris makes his first account and buries his mouth in Bane's *******, the Nebaris wars begin. Dark Exodus aka Nephthys begins to get active. My good friend Jessiah aka Escape81 aka Gideon aka The Tempest aka The Kentucky Dawn reaches for the throne. My attention began to pivot to the video game vs forum around this time. I really, *really* wanted to have sex with Advent. All the bullshit that went on in the NJO/DN/LotF series established Luke as being the Ultimate Badass.

2009-2011: In the beginning of 2009 I was a senior and was having a lot of problems focusing in school, so I locked myself out of my account by changing my password and e-mail address to random numbers. As such I don't know much of what transpired here for that year. Anoon Bondera is the God of Star Wars because of a single hyperbolic line in a novel. The forum is mostly split between Nebaris and his endless socks, and Nephthys fellating Bane vs. Gideon fellating Sideous with other people floating in-between. Antedeluvian presence is almost non-existent beyond Faunus, Nai and Janus coming by occasionally to shitpost. I made a new account at the end of '09 but I also got a job and my activity dropped.

2012-2015: The Old Republic comes out and it's garbage. But it does breathe some life back into the forum. We get some new members, and some new characters to wank and compare to Palpatine. My activity was at an all-time low at this point and I had stopped trying to keep up with Star Wars lore at around 2010. Don't have much to say. TFA should have ushered in a new wave of enthusiasts but it didn't because Disney's been so desperate to masturbate over the OT that we've gotten very few new and interesting force users.

2016-Present: A bunch of retards migrated here from Comic Vine. They seem like nice kids for the most part though. Can't speak on the meta of the vs forum because I just don't know shit about TOR.

I really miss Zampano, Vene, Fanus, Fox, Calvin, DarthSaboteur, etc. Hope you lads are doing okay. thumb up

It's so amusing and heartwarming that this entire forum and its history basically revolves around Sidious in one way or another. At first it was getting him to the top, and ever since it has been nothing but failed coups to dethrone him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 09:52 PM