KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SWVF Primer & Chronicle

SWVF Primer & Chronicle
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Since I've actually been able to witness all of this:

2005-2007: Source-based debating isn't yet the standard. Thus, people with basic knowledge of one era; be it KotOR, New Republic or Prequel Trilogy, assume that their era is the dominant one. The rise of Beefy, Advent(😊wink, Lightsnake, Gideon and more.

2008-2010: More posturing but sources begin to be used. Neph and the like rule the forums; Lightsnake and Beefy vanish with Gideon following suit; a new Sheev supporter TheTempest rises from the ashes. Someone called Kulvax mysteriously appears on another forum as Advent takes her last bow. Quanchi and Nai begin their perpetual reigns of terror.

2011-15:

A dark age of Bane wank reaching its pinnacle before a user named Carthage begins its downfall. ILS finally decides to get off his ass and be the only viable Maul debater. Ant and Skillz begin the TOR Wars. Trocity stays true to his name. A faction from the actual SWTOR forums crosses over as a Lady watches with great appeasement as a grand war begins. Selenial becomes the premiere KotOR II standard-bearer with ShootingNova as a new mysterious user named AncientPower appears. NewGuy begins the just rise of the Chosen One. LeGenDary debates begin; Skotia wank reaches its pinnacle and subsequent downfall. MythLord becomes the paragon all things PT.

2016-2018:

The Exar Kun war is waged. Ant's Revan wank reaches its zenith. Vader at an all-time low. ILS begins the era of Supreme Emperor Krayt, pays for it with his life. Azronger's insanity becomes irreversible. Skillz, Ant, AP and cult leader NewGuy claim indisputable supremacy of the Chosen One. The rise of SWTOR begins an unprecedented level of support against the Sheev slaves. Galan becomes the sole light in the darkness.

2019-

SWTOR begins the golden age of all KMC.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 11:24 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 7DimnensionCat
The coalition of darkness should come back together for a reunion party and recount how we bent reality to our will.

tbh thumb up

As cancerous as we all were that forum was the only time I saw the apparent ‘greats’ like ILS/Ant/Sas change their and others’ opinions. The release of KotFE (while occurring towards the end of the forum) is a pretty prime example.

Shame Sas had to kill it with his draconian mod rules smile

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by Selenial
Shame Sas had to kill it with his draconian mod rules.

Did it die because my rules were too draconian, or because I was too lax on troublemakers? Make up your damn mind. smile

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 12:47 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

CoD was the best time, this site is like a beloved part of childhood for me, something with lots of best memories i'll never forget

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 12:50 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Great history, Blax.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: you telling me tzeench is that hitsugaya guy from the battle bar archives?

yis

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 03:09 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

It seems to me that this place is in dire need of some true debating talent, and has been for some time.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:08 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Nah mate, what we need is better memes.

In 2006, this was the HIGHEST tier of internet humor.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Could you provide some evidence for the idea that better memes being posted on the forum would help the state of debating? And while you are at it, go ahead and define for me what makes a meme "better" or "worse" in your estimation, and give reasoning.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:44 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I could provide some evidence for the idea that better memes being posted on the forum would help the state of debating, yes.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Now we wait in eager anticipation for you to do so.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:46 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Why?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I am also waiting in eager anticipation. Don't let me down.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Presumably you are the kind of man who makes a point of it to back up his claims with evidence.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:15 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

A bold presumption.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:57 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

My apologies, m'lady.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:58 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Why were 7DimensionCat's posts removed?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Goddamn it, Galan.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 04:00 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

What a glorious ride it has been. It was an honor to witness it from 2011 on.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Azronger
Why were 7DimensionCat's posts removed?
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Goddamn it, Galan.
Don't blame me, blame Bada.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 10:00 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Speaking of ye olde times, it's apparently Traya's birthday today.

Traya was probably a dude pretending to be a girl online. Also, in High School I plagiarized a short story he/she/it wrote as my own for a homework assignment in my English class, because in 2007 teachers didn't know yet that internet plagiarism was a thing. thumb up

Happy birthday!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 10:11 AM