KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ben Affleck is dropped as Batman

Ben Affleck is dropped as Batman
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Big screen Spider-Man has been 3 different people in the last 10 years, anything is possible when it comes to superhero shit.

Hopefully they make Superman black this time, and maybe Batman can be an Iraqi man.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 09:53 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Cast Bailey Jay as Wonder Woman.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 10:22 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Reported for trol...oh, wait.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 11:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Was this ever in doubt? Were there genuinely human beings on the planet who've thought since JL came out that either Caville or Afleck had a chance in hell of reprising these roles?

I'm glad they're both gone though. Frankly, I don't even want to see another Superman or Batman solo film for a decade. So tired of those two characters hogging all the DC resources. The only problem I see is that they're trying to reboot the cinematic universe 10 years into the superhero film craze. Comic movie fatigue is a phrase that gets tossed around perhaps too lightly, but will anyone actually give a shit by the time a JL film comes around again in like 10 years?
I have been telling Darth Thor that Superman and Batman have failed and it is time to move in another direction. The fanboy in him knows no one really cares anymore deep down but the guy adores Superman so much he will still cry over it.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 12:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

BvsS is what screwed all this up. Man of Steel was decent, WW was good. If they would have just taken their time and done a solo Batman/Flash/Aquaman and a Superman 2 with a legitimate Luthor. I think things would have been fine.

For some reason they wanted to catch up to marvel instead of build out a Universe.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 12:57 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Impediment

Jesus Christ.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 01:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by -Pr-
Jesus Christ.

laughing out loud

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 01:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
BvsS is what screwed all this up. Man of Steel was decent, WW was good. If they would have just taken their time and done a solo Batman/Flash/Aquaman and a Superman 2 with a legitimate Luthor. I think things would have been fine.

For some reason they wanted to catch up to marvel instead of build out a Universe.

These are common complaints, because they are completely accurate.
Catch up was NOT the way to go for DC.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 01:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by playa1258

If they can hit on the next 4 films they will be in shape going forward.

laughing out loud Hit on the next 4 films? You would have a better chance hitting the lottery.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 02:44 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
BvsS is what screwed all this up. Man of Steel was decent, WW was good.

It started with MoS. It was horrible.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 02:47 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, keep what’s worked.
In the case of Suicide Squad (which i liked) many complainers did like individual characters, just not the story. Then there’s the Shazam movie, which has a chance to do well.

You didnt like Gadot as WW?

There were reports about Gunn having creative freedom to ignore the first SS.

Not particularly, no. But the majority liked her, so I dont expect them recast just for me.

But I meant, if you do a hard reboot then you gotta commit and she would have to go.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 03:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
I have been telling Darth Thor that Superman and Batman have failed and it is time to move in another direction. The fanboy in him knows no one really cares anymore deep down but the guy adores Superman so much he will still cry over it.

Jeez stop stalking me already.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 03:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Jeez stop stalking me already.
The people agree with me. Superman and Batman are not the draws they once were.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 04:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But they could be. That is the Real Sadness of it.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 05:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
But they could be. That is the Real Sadness of it.
Had chances and failed.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 05:59 PM
Flyattractor

You are so closed minded. You need to let the Light Shine in Quanster.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
You are so closed minded. You need to let the Light Shine in Quanster.
No, you are the guy begging for more of the same. I want different characters and more WW. She is the best hero they have in films imo.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Was this ever in doubt? Were there genuinely human beings on the planet who've thought since JL came out that either Caville or Afleck had a chance in hell of reprising these roles?

I'm glad they're both gone though. Frankly, I don't even want to see another Superman or Batman solo film for a decade. So tired of those two characters hogging all the DC resources. The only problem I see is that they're trying to reboot the cinematic universe 10 years into the superhero film craze. Comic movie fatigue is a phrase that gets tossed around perhaps too lightly, but will anyone actually give a shit by the time a JL film comes around again in like 10 years?

I figured yeah they'd be dumb enough to try to squeeze out another JL movie lol. Wonder Woman 2 is coming out and they had also announced a sequel to Man of Steel(this has probably changed).

I think it all started to change when it became clear Ben Afleck was method acting, but seemed to think he was playing Tony Stark. When it become obvious his alcoholism was a problem it seemed like the writing was on the wall.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

No, you are the guy begging for more of the same. I want different characters and more WW. She is the best hero they have in films imo.

smokin'

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Ti is like a newborn. The world is so new and frightening to him. He does not realize how quickly these can change in Hollywood. He is an authentic moron.

I had no idea he was TI..

Originally posted by Impediment

how about alison tyler instead or jillian janson

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Oct 18th, 2018 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote