KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How Do You Rate Snoke?

How Do You Rate Snoke?
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

How Do You Rate Snoke?

I rate him right above Vader.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 04:32 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I will be monitoring this thread very closely.

If there is any hint that it is heading in the same direction as the other Snoke threads, it will be closed no questions asked.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

You bet, I didn’t notice that you closed the other two threads when I made this one.

You can close it whenever you please.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 04:48 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I feel like he could/should be above Sidious' apprentices. But I'm not sure if he's on par with Sheev himself.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:19 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I would rate him around Krayt.

For sure above Vader though.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:21 PM
The Merchant

A glass cannon. His force knowledge more than likely is superior to Palpatines since he does know the secrets Palps was looking for, but if he needs his guards to protect him since he can't fight he more than likely can't apply that power in a 1 on 1 confrontation. It also connects to Serkis statements about him being very powerful but very vulnerable at the same time.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:29 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
A glass cannon. His force knowledge more than likely is superior to Palpatines since he does know the secrets Palps was looking for, but if he needs his guards to protect him since he can't fight he more than likely can't apply that power in a 1 on 1 confrontation. It also connects to Serkis statements about him being very powerful but very vulnerable at the same time.
Palpatine also had guards, so how exactly does this argument fly?

Again with knowledge, Vader had more knowledge than Luke, but Luke still won.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:37 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Palpatines guards were there just to feign weakness, he doesn't actually need them. Snoke however does according to the TLJ visual dictionary, they fight for him since he can't fight himself.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:46 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Strongest Force user in canon.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He’s not even fit to lick Sheev’s boots. I wouldn’t be surprised if even Maul could wreck him.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by The Merchant
Palpatines guards were there just to feign weakness, he doesn't actually need them. Snoke however does according to the TLJ visual dictionary, they fight for him since he can't fight himself.
Proof Palpatine's guards were just to "feign weakness"?

Snoke "can't fight for himself" and needs guards to do it for him? So if five tusken raiders storm Snoke's throne room, he can't defend himself and gets killed by them in the absence of his guards?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:01 PM
Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by BestDebaterEver

Snoke "can't fight for himself" and needs guards to do it for him? So if five tusken raiders storm Snoke's throne room, he can't defend himself and gets killed by them in the absence of his guards?
Did Palpatine ever use his guards when it was revealed he also had powers and wasn't just Sheev the boy seducer?

Also Snoke seemed powerful in the Force but there's nothing showing he's on the level of Sheevatine. Comfortably below Sheev but above at least 2 Plo Koons worth of Force power would be a good start.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:07 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And how many Force users can take out Jedi/Sith without engaging in Lightsaber combat at all?

Even if we are talking Yoda or Sidious, the highest they could probably take out without a Saber or engaging in close combat is what... Maul tier?

Dooku would be a serious stretch.

Add to that the fact that Snoke hasn’t even done anything overly impressive with his TK.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Did Palpatine ever use his guards when it was revealed he also had powers and wasn't just Sheev the boy seducer?

Also Snoke seemed powerful in the Force but there's nothing showing he's on the level of Sheevatine. Comfortably below Sheev but above at least 2 Plo Koons worth of Force power would be a good start.
Not that we see, but it doesn't answer my question. Is there proof he only had guards to feign weakness? Who was he feigning weakness to?

You're positing that Snoke is more powerful than two Plo Koons but comfortably below Darth Sidious. This would then mean, presumably, that Snoke's guards are also above two Plo Koons, even more comfortably (because why have guards if you are even better than your guards?).

Can you substantiate any of this, or is it just based on a feeling? I am genuinely intrigued now.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:35 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And how many Force users can take out Jedi/Sith without engaging in Lightsaber combat at all?

Even if we are talking Yoda or Sidious, the highest they could probably take out without a Saber or engaging in close combat is what... Maul tier?

Dooku would be a serious stretch.

Add to that the fact that Snoke hasn’t even done anything overly impressive with his TK.
You want an exact number? How do you suppose I dig up such data?

Sidious seemed to easily deal with Maul and and his brother Savage without a lightsaber. Him using a lightsaber at all was beneficial to the brothers and a detriment to his own chances of success, because he came within striking distance of them, something he would not have to do if he just made telekinetic playthings of them.

Is it a stretch? Sidious never seemed to need his lightsaber to keep Dooku in check when he was choking him from across the galaxy.

I wasn't questioning how great Snoke's TK demonstrations have been. I am questioning the idea that he "cannot fight for himself."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:45 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Snoke can't fight for himself in the respect that he has no physical weaponry, this is why the guards are there; any attacker would have to get through his guards physically to get to Snoke and in that timeframe he could TK or FL them but any Force user thats strong enough to get to him with a lightsaber could feasibly cut him down a lot easier than if Snoke had a saber as well obviously

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:48 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by relentless1
Snoke can't fight for himself in the respect that he has no physical weaponry, this is why the guards are there; any attacker would have to get through his guards physically to get to Snoke and in that timeframe he could TK or FL them but any Force user thats strong enough to get to him with a lightsaber could feasibly cut him down a lot easier than if Snoke had a saber as well obviously
So you believe the guards compliment Snoke rather than simply compensate for him? That would seem to make sense and I see no reason why we cannot apply the same logic to Sidious. One would need to confront his guards first before reaching Sidious himself.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 07:58 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Unbowed
Strongest Force user in canon.
thumb up

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:14 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Total Warrior is online now!

In a scale from 1 to 10, I’d say he is below Sidious but above Coleman kcaj

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Not that we see, but it doesn't answer my question. Is there proof he only had guards to feign weakness? Who was he feigning weakness to?

You're positing that Snoke is more powerful than two Plo Koons but comfortably below Darth Sidious. This would then mean, presumably, that Snoke's guards are also above two Plo Koons, even more comfortably (because why have guards if you are even better than your guards?).

Can you substantiate any of this, or is it just based on a feeling? I am genuinely intrigued now.
I never said Sheev had guards to feign weakness, I asked the question of if he ever actually used them in place of himself doing the dirty work when someone confronts him.

And with Sheev we know he doesn't need them, with Snoke the guy is a cripple so he would have more use out of them than Sheev. Maybe both don't "need them", but Snoke's are more certainly equipped to actually protect him (lightsaber resistant armor and weapons) than Sheev's are.

Like everything else on Snoke, it's based on feelings. Snoke's raw force powers do not mean his Guards get raised to the same level when they can do something that Snoke can't do; and that is engage in close quarters combat. Snoke could be 10 Sheevs in raw power and it still wouldn't raise the abilities of the Guards by proxy.
That was also just a general thought about the raw power of Snoke than an addendum on the Guard question since we know, or think we know he can't do lightsaber combat. He's obviously powerful in the Force so that's really the only thing we can base him on.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Oct 18th, 2018 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 08:21 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote