KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How Do You Rate Snoke?

How Do You Rate Snoke?
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why would he use a saber when he did not need to? Did Sidious use a saber in rotj? No, because for what he intended his powers were fine until Vader turned on him but he never saw that coming.

I explained my reading and gave a Star Wars example to show you I am using critical thinking.

Yoda walks worse than Snoke did in TLJ. Yoda needed a cane Vader needed a suit to survive let alone fight. Vader was worse but both are crippled. My opinion remains the same your inability to deal with it continues.

Again...and ssssshhh listen. Vader’s suit compensated for his loss of limbs and suit.

The force compensated for Yodas old age...I mean he used it to flip, run, etc.

Snoke needs his guards.

We’ve seen that Sidious can fight with a saber though. Also Luke was nothing to him, he needed his saber vs yoda and Windu. Snoke didn’t need a saber because Rey was a nobody. But he feared Luke so he didn’t want to face him.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 03:49 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Originally posted by Trocity
In all seriousness, Snoke is probably a Dooku level Force user, with zero lightsaber capabilities.

You cannot possibly be that dense. Snoke should be miles above Dooku's level based on scaling alone.

Dooku was considered a great prodigy by everyone including Yoda, and one of the most powerful masters in the order's history, and he gets much stronger as a Sith.

Then Anakin appears, and every Force user he ever meets creams their pants at his potential. In the 3 years of constant conflict between AOTC and ROTS he goes from the level of an above average knight to thoroughly trouncing Dooku. It takes Anakin just few years to achieve more than Dooku did in a lifetime.

Fast forward 20 years and Luke appears, and he's an even greater prodigy than Anakin. In ESB with just a few weeks of training he is able to hold his own against Vader, himself one of the strongest Sith in history. Everyone knows that 80% of the Emperor's power quote. By the time ROTJ rolls around Luke can completely overpower and defeat Vader, and he's basically just at the start of his career.

Then Kylo and Rey appear, and their potential and raw power absolutely terrifies Luke, who had met both Vader and Palpatine. Each successive generation of Chosen Ones grows much stronger at a much quicker pace. And Snoke can utterly dominate the latest generation with just a few hand gestures.

You know how Sidious lusted over Anakin's potential? Well Snoke couldn't give a shit about Rey's potential, he decides to just kill her. In the book he thinks to himself that she could grow amazingly powerful, but he just doesn't need it. He treats Kylo like a dog. That's because he considers himself to be above their level.

Snoke is above Jedi and Sith. All evidence points to it, people just don't like to admit it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Numerous sources mention Snoke’s obsession with Kylo’s potential. The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary says Snoke coveted Kylo in part because he believed only someone with the Skywalker bloodline could defeat Luke. There is only one Chosen One, Anakin. Jason Fry, author of the Last Jedi novel, says Snoke likely feared attracting Sheev’s attention.

So I mean I guess you have a point, except for all the ones you just tried to make.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 05:44 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Again...and ssssshhh listen. Vader’s suit compensated for his loss of limbs and suit.

Snoke needs his guards.

We’ve seen that Sidious can fight with a saber though. Also Luke was nothing to him, he needed his saber vs yoda and Windu. Snoke didn’t need a saber because Rey was a nobody. But he feared Luke so he didn’t want to face him.
I would think Yoda is able to amplify his speed/agility using Force Speed and that of the sort.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 07:23 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Maul Level

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Maul Level
Reasoning?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 08:33 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akabart
Restricted

Account Restricted

I rate Snoke based on his feats!
I believe he is Darth Bane level!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 08:35 PM
Click here to Send akabart a Private Message Find more posts by akabart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a few sources Luke didn’t trounce Vader, Vader wasn’t trying to kill him and his sentiment for Luke had weakened his power.

Luke should have gone on to be what he was in legends, sadly he was nothing impressive.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 09:32 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Snoke needs his guards.

Vader needed the suit for function. Undeniable and yes yoda needed the force because his body was bad. Same imo applies for Snoke.

He never used the guards once to defend himself.

Luke did not fight back against Sidious. Lol. Vader took care of him with one hand and a death grip. Again Snokes power is on another level.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 03:23 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Unbowed
You cannot possibly be that dense. Snoke should be miles above Dooku's level based on scaling alone.

Dooku was considered a great prodigy by everyone including Yoda, and one of the most powerful masters in the order's history, and he gets much stronger as a Sith.

Then Anakin appears, and every Force user he ever meets creams their pants at his potential. In the 3 years of constant conflict between AOTC and ROTS he goes from the level of an above average knight to thoroughly trouncing Dooku. It takes Anakin just few years to achieve more than Dooku did in a lifetime.

Fast forward 20 years and Luke appears, and he's an even greater prodigy than Anakin. In ESB with just a few weeks of training he is able to hold his own against Vader, himself one of the strongest Sith in history. Everyone knows that 80% of the Emperor's power quote. By the time ROTJ rolls around Luke can completely overpower and defeat Vader, and he's basically just at the start of his career.

Then Kylo and Rey appear, and their potential and raw power absolutely terrifies Luke, who had met both Vader and Palpatine. Each successive generation of Chosen Ones grows much stronger at a much quicker pace. And Snoke can utterly dominate the latest generation with just a few hand gestures.

You know how Sidious lusted over Anakin's potential? Well Snoke couldn't give a shit about Rey's potential, he decides to just kill her. In the book he thinks to himself that she could grow amazingly powerful, but he just doesn't need it. He treats Kylo like a dog. That's because he considers himself to be above their level.

Snoke is above Jedi and Sith. All evidence points to it, people just don't like to admit it.
thumb up

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 03:23 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Still not the same. See I’ll explain it to you as you’re slow.

Yoda uses the force to compensate for his old age allowing him to fight.

Vader has his suit which compensates for his loss of limbs and burns allowing him to fight, walk, etc.

Snoke is old, injured, crippled. He has his guards to compensate him

Ok?
Already refuted in my other post. Get off your iPad too you cannot be quoted, Ti. You just repeat yourself and do not refute anything.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 03:25 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope you didn’t, and it’s DP.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 04:54 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vader needed the suit for function. Undeniable and yes yoda needed the force because his body was bad. Same imo applies for Snoke.

He never used the guards once to defend himself.

Luke did not fight back against Sidious. Lol. Vader took care of him with one hand and a death grip. Again Snokes power is on another level.

The suit compensated, he obviously could still defend himself and perform physical feats with the force and saber fight, same with yoda,

Actually the visual dictionary says he needs them to, the one you praise as official canon.

Where’s the evidence that Yodas body was crippled...is it his flips and jumps lol?

Why do you keep bringing up Vader attacking Sidious from behind, are you actually implying that Vader could beat Sidious in one on one combat?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 04:58 AM
Darth Thor

Same imo applies for Snoke.

Your fanfic has no place here.

Youve lost the Snoke vs Sheev debate. Was never really much of a debate to begin with.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Unbowed
Ehhh, this line of reasoning ignores a lot of context. Potential is nice but potential =/= practical application. As you yourself just noted, Anakin had the potential to be the strongest force user in history but he was still casually destroyed by Dooku the first time they fought. Potential has to be forged into something with training. Rey might have astounded Luke with her potential but we have little evidence that she could consciously harness that power by the time she confronted Snoke. She had after all received barely even just three lessons from a master.

If the cornerstone of your argument for Snoke's power level relies on his domination of Rey, you should probably rethink your stance.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 06:03 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Potential is irrelevant if it is primarily untapped. I mean, TPM Anakin still had the greatest confirmed *potential* in the entire damn mythos... But that gargantuan reservoir of unharnessed potential doesn't mean he wouldn't have been finger-flick-pwned by even the lowliest Padawans in the mythos, however.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Ehhh, this line of reasoning ignores a lot of context. Potential is nice but potential =/= practical application. As you yourself just noted, Anakin had the potential to be the strongest force user in history but he was still casually destroyed by Dooku the first time they fought. Potential has to be forged into something with training. Rey might have astounded Luke with her potential but we have little evidence that she could consciously harness that power by the time she confronted Snoke. She had after all received barely even just three lessons from a master.

If the cornerstone of your argument for Snoke's power level relies on his domination of Rey, you should probably rethink your stance.

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Potential is irrelevant if it is primarily untapped. I mean, TPM Anakin still had the greatest confirmed *potential* in the entire damn mythos... But that gargantuan reservoir of unharnessed potential doesn't mean he wouldn't have been finger-flick-pwned by even the lowliest Padawans in the mythos, however.

Excepting that even without training that potential manifests itself in moments of extreme physical or emotional duress. An adolescent Kylo almost killed Luke when fearing for his life, Rey managed to hold her own against Kylo and put Luke on his ass when angered, in the EU an infant Galen Marek snatched Vader's saber from him.

The point I'm making is, why didn't a much more powerful Kylo manage to do the same to Snoke in a fit of anger? Here is Snoke twisting a knife into Kylo's psyche, exposing and mocking Kylo's inner most fears and insecurities until Kylo loses control and lashes out. Yet all he manages to do is to be knocked on his ass in a split second.

Same with Rey. Even a hint of her unleashing her powers is enough to scare Luke, yet when Snoke is torturing her and all her friends are getting decimated she is completely helpless. Luke can barely handle her but against Snoke she is a babe in the woods.

The very fact that the director chose to kill him by subterfuge and have the film's set piece battle to be against the guards shows he was meant to be way, way above them, even as a team.

The quotes about the GFFA's knowledge of the Force coming from the unknown regions, Snoke being from there, and Snoke knowing secrets Sidious sought just seals the deal.

It points to the fact that the modern Jedi and Sith traditions are flawed, their understanding of the Force is incomplete, and their teachings were diluted with the passing of thousands of years. Basically, Snoke was there at the very source, while Luke, Yoda, Sidious and the rest are working with whatever knowledge filtered down throughout the millenia.

The Jedi and Sith are like the guys in the Early Middle Ages pouring over the scraps of knowledge that survived the fall of the Roman Empire, meanwhile Snoke is like someone who traveled forward through time straight from the Senate.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nope you didn’t, and it’s DP.
Sure i believe you 😉.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

The suit compensated, he obviously could still defend himself and perform physical feats with the force and saber fight, same with yoda,

Actually the visual dictionary says he needs them to, the one you praise as official canon.

Where’s the evidence that Yodas body was crippled...is it his flips and jumps lol?

Why do you keep bringing up Vader attacking Sidious from behind, are you actually implying that Vader could beat Sidious in one on one combat?
Suit made him living possible. He needed that due to being a true cripple in every sense of the word. Yoda needs the force just like everyone in Star Wars to perform superhuman physical feats unless their alien dna is superior to humans.

He uses them but it never states he cannot world a light saber. That was your claim.

Yoda walking with a cane. When he uses the force he overcomes his physical limitations. I have already said this numerous times. laughing out loud

Sidious has time to defend himself he was just unable to prevent his death despite seconds of screaming all the way down to his death.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:49 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Your fanfic has no place here.

Youve lost the Snoke vs Sheev debate. Was never really much of a debate to begin with.
Iyo not mine. Supported my reasoning you can continue to believe Kylo is more powerful and Rey killed him. You tend to ignore canon quite often tbh.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:50 PM