KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Palpatine vs SOR Revan

DE Palpatine vs SOR Revan
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Like what? And even if they do for other powers, that doesn't speak to this quote.

Oh come on, just read the Super Respect Thread and search for "Dark Empire Sourcebook".

quote:
I never said that's the full power of Force storms. I said you're using a quote that doesn't mean what you think it means.

So because Sidious used a softball Force storm on a planet, and it (gasp!) affected the surface, this must mean that any general reference to the storms' ability to damage surfaces must be only to the magnitude of that one instance even though it clearly doesn't match what you'd think the language would actually mean? If an AotC sourcebook says Dooku's lightning can turn people to ash, does this mean it must be referring to him lightning-ing Anakin and it's just hyperbole?

BTW, let's take the final force storm in DE and put it on a planet. That storm was many kilometers wide and even longer - just what would it do to a surface, even if you assume it has zero collateral damage beyond what it physically contacts? Wouldn't it be tearing multi-kilometer deep holes into planetary surfaces, while moving far faster than the wave we see in Ziost?

quote:
That seems like a separate argument that's irrelevant to the quote.

Not really - if other sources corroborate my interpretation of the quote, it makes it more likely that it's a correct one.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 06:29 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

A completely separate point from everything else, but just I realized “tear the surface off worlds” likely just refers to what Sidious did on Coruscant (i.e. ravage the surface) not literally ripping off the surface.

Obviously the sourcebook would be referring to the events of the comic it's covering, not randomly inventing new information when it's already very close to the content shown. IIRC, it notes how Force storms can rip the surface off worlds or consume fleets, both of which Palpatine "does" in the comic.

quote:
Luke says it can "kill" worlds, not destroy, lmao. This comment can easily fall under the ravaging of a surface, not outright surface rippoing.

The Dark Empire Sourcebook actually provides details not depicted in the comic itself, so that would seem to contradict your assertion here. Furthermore, the idea that superficial damage to a planet's surface would qualify as "killing" said planet is also pretty silly.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2018 03:01 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EclipseLord

This is the type of fight where two children from special needs school (not even European special needs school, Mexican one) fight each other with random items collected from the backyard and it's only a debate about who accidentally grips the item the wrong side and stabs himself in the eye.

I don't know who's more retarded, Palpatine with his Force Storms and the entire idiotic rule over Galactic Empire and the most idiotic war doctrine ever, or Revan, who just can't stop switching sides every 10 years.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 01:30 PM
Click here to Send EclipseLord a Private Message Find more posts by EclipseLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote