KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Droids vs clones

Droids vs clones
Started by: DarthPlaguis12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Droids vs clones

We’re clones really superior to the droids, could the droids have won?

My understanding from the new canon and novels is that droids were cheaper and wayyyyyy outnumbered the clone army.

Clones took longer to replenish, cost more etc.

So could the separatists have won?

From what I’ve read the droid army lost only because of sidious not letting them win.

Your view.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 06:11 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I believe that the Seperatists would have one, it seems like there was a lot pathetic excuses for the Republic to win battles.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 06:12 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it came down to Sidious manipulating both sides.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 06:22 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

In the ROTS Novel Kenobi says something like: "No wonder we're losing this war" although most sources I've read have the Republic being on the verge of victory just before Order 66.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 12:40 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

The Clones were like Nazi Germany and the Droids were like the USA in WW2; unit vs unit the Germans were far superior to the American forces but there was too many Americans to deal with, like a Nazi General said "our tanks are worth 4 of the American tanks but they always bring 5"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 03:50 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know Dooku was making cortosis coated droids that ****ed up the republic but Sidious nixed them being manufactured in a large scale.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 09:27 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Droids were inferior on a man-to-man basis but the CIS overall had far greater logistical support then the Republic so it shouldn't have mattered.

The WW2 metaphor was good, the American Civil War is also a good example. Southern troops tended to be better soldiers then Northern troops, with more firearm experience (hunting was still a big tradition in the South at the time of the war) and a large number of the US' best generals being southerners. But the North had more factories and a ****heuge population, so once they hit their production stride they were capable of drowning the South in men and firepower.

Even with Sheev influencing the war, the CIS losing a 100% conventional war is frankly one of the least realistic parts of the story.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I feel like droids are more like soviet army. And German soldiers are the clones. They were far better and butchered dozens of soviet divisions, but still sheer numbers helped USSR to resist. American army still lost against the likes of Vietnam lol, but they aren’t as incompetent as the droid army who lost at geonosis despite outnumbering the clones 10:1

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

I think in the AOTC novel it says how battle droids alone are more than a match for clones yet alone supers but it's the clones team work and tactics that makes them superior.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 12:55 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Even with Sheev influencing the war, the CIS losing a 100% conventional war is frankly one of the least realistic parts of the story.

The Republic had the Jedi though. Plus they had a territory advantage.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 12:57 AM