KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » If God was actually real, would he have any right to...

If God was actually real, would he have any right to...
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

War is God.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Seems that isn't understood by him, just as the concept of Trinitarianism isn't understood by Adam who accuses God of selfish child abuse from an ivory tower without recognizing it fundamentally as an act of self-sacrifice.
What did God sacrifice?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 11:29 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lumine
{Lumine}

Originally posted by NemeBro
What did God sacrifice?
his son

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 11:30 PM
Lumine is currently offline Click here to Send Lumine a Private Message Find more posts by Lumine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He's God, he can get his son back whenever he wants. That's not sacrifice.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 11:51 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He's God, he can get his son back whenever he wants. That's not sacrifice.
Basically.

An omnipotent and omniscient being by its very nature is beyond consequence and as such can't make any legitimate sacrifice.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 11:55 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

God was just tired of Jesus' shit.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2018 11:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Also Jesus... is... God? He kills himself and comes back to life. That's not sacrifice, that's a needlessly painful nap.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:00 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Surtur
Well see you actually don't have a choice, you're supposed to worship and love it and only it lol. Choice does not enter into the equation, the 10 commandments aren't merely just helpful suggestions from this thing.

It IS a "CHOICE" otherwise how would you be condemned by it?

You have the free will to accept the Lord's commandments or not. That is the essence of faith and a lesson that is played out throughout scripture.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:07 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That's not a choice, that's an ultimatum. A threat. The Lord uses the same method of communication as hostage takers and terrorists.

"You have the choice to accept my offer or the b*tch f*cking dies!"

Except strike out "the b*tch" for "you", and "dies" with "burns forever in eternal torment".

Frankly the terrorist is making a more reasonable demand.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:14 AM
LordofBrooklyn

That's not a choice, that's an ultimatum. A threat. The Lord uses the same method of communication as hostage takers and terrorists.

"You have the choice to accept my offer or the b*tch f*cking dies!"

Except strike out "the b*tch" for "you", and "dies" with "burns forever in eternal torment".

Frankly the terrorist is making a more reasonable demand.

Your analogy is quote frankly asinine.

There is no threat involved.

You can CHOOSE to live life according to your judgement and conventions OR you can accept The Lord's will and live according to scripture.

When you die you will be judged accordingly. That is in NO way similar to a terroristic threat.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:26 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Accept me as your Lord and saviour and live by my rules-you'll be better off when you die.

Or deny me and/or my rules and you'll be sent to a realm I created specifically to be the worst place ever for you to be dead in for literally eternity.

That's an ultimatum. MY way or the highway. Your God's an evil c*nt.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:29 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Accept me as your Lord and saviour and live by my rules-you'll be better off when you die.

Or deny me and/or my rules and you'll be sent to a realm I created specifically to be the worst place ever for you to be dead in for literally eternity.

That isn't accurate at all.

Heaven WOULD be HELL to unbelievers!

You would now exist in a realm where there is NO choice but to accept The Lord's will for all eternity.

Hell is the complete absence of The Lord's presence, something unbelievers deny/resist in the first place.

The atheist and/or other non-believers are getting the existence they claimed on Earth.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:33 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lol you pulled that one of your supple buttock didn't you?

As an atheist, I can confirm that I do not feel your Lord's alleged presence. So... this is my heaven then? Thanks, I guess. But when I die, I have to go to the actual heaven... which will be akin to Hell.

So nothing's changed: God's created a realm of paradise for his worshipers and a realm of absolute misery and suffering for his deniers. That's still heaven and hell bud, they're just a shorter bus ride apart.

Two choices: Accept me and enter paradise, deny me and enter eternal torment. MY WAY or the highway. That's a threat. That's an ultimatum. Your God's an evil f*ck.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:39 AM
Lumine
{Lumine}

please keep this professional.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:43 AM
Lumine is currently offline Click here to Send Lumine a Private Message Find more posts by Lumine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I am simply citing scripture.

UNBELIEVERS receive grace from being in the presence of believers. As an unbeliever when you die you will no longer have that benefit and will be in a realm where only other non-believers exist.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:45 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Lumine
please keep this professional.
I mean... no? I don't think you know what words mean.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:45 AM
Lumine
{Lumine}

In profession I know. Dont understand where I’m coming from? Thats ok, just be nice then.

Last edited by Lumine on Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:50 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I am simply citing scripture.

UNBELIEVERS receive grace from being in the presence of believers. As an unbeliever when you die you will no longer have that benefit and will be in a realm where only other non-believers exist.
Anything to maintain that sense of what makes your tribe unique and special, eh? Can't face up to being simply of us worthless wretches whose existence means nothing and whose lives mean less. Do you really need to feel that special? That you belong to such an elite, exclusive club that even those of who don't will gain unconscious glory by basking in your proximity? Are you that afraid of worthlessness that you've fallen prey to such a kind of elitism?

Originally posted by Lumine
In profession I know
Yeah I don't think you do. I'm not being paid for this. Are you?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:51 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Anything to maintain that sense of what makes your tribe unique and special, eh? Can't face up to being simply of us worthless wretches whose existence means nothing and whose lives mean less. Do you really need to feel that special? That you belong to such an elite, exclusive club that even those of who don't will gain unconscious glory by basking in your proximity? Are you that afraid of worthlessness that you've fallen prey to such a kind of elitism?

Yeah I don't think you do. I'm not being paid for this. Are you?

I am the creation of The Lord and by virtue of that alone I am not worthless.

The glory doesn't come from being in proximity to believers but ultimately from The Lord's love! It is not his wish that any should perish but that all should have everlasting peace.

You seem bent on some form of nihilism which ironically enough you appear to worship as a heightened alternative to the discipleship of "Elitist" such as myself. Even Nietzsche acknowledged The Lord's presence.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 01:01 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I am the creation of The Lord and by virtue of that alone I am not worthless.

The glory doesn't come from being in proximity to believers but ultimately from The Lord's love! It is not his wish that any should perish but that all should have everlasting peace.

You seem bent on some form of nihilism which ironically enough you appear to worship as a heightened alternative to the discipleship of "Elitist" such as myself. Even Nietzsche acknowledged The Lord's presence.
I won't lie, I kind of envy your zeal. Nihilism isn't comfortable (I don't give a shit about Nietzche by the way), and it doesn't promise me any rewards. Or punishment. But it's the closest thing to truth as revealed by rigorous scientific evidence and I will always withhold belief until compelling evidence presents itself. Your self-centered and narrow theism is too small and illogical, and demands faith. I can't abide faith. It's defined by belief despite a lack of compelling evidence. That's the mentality of primitive peoples from ages past, it has no utility in the future.

But it does bring you comfort, doesn't it? A special faith for an all powerful entity who created all reality for we humans alone. It makes humanity special. It gives us a reason to be-- without which we may as well not exist, as far as the universe is concerned. Divine purpose is a comfortable notion, isn't it? Cherish that comfort.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 01:12 AM