KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » If God was actually real, would he have any right to...

If God was actually real, would he have any right to...
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

The fact that a doctor can treat the sick, save lives, continue to do good deeds and somehow ends up in the same place as genocidal maniacs like Hitler and Stalin, just because he doesn't believe in a mystical allmighty being for which little-to-no evidence exists, is morally abhorrent to me.

It's an absolutely repugnant stance that someone gets sent to eternal damnation for being an atheist, despite living a good life. If anything, the atheist should be given a higher reward. An atheist doesn't fear eternal punishment, nor hope for eternal reward; rather he does a good thing because he knows it's moral. Whereas most Christians do it just to get a free ticket "upstairs", as it were.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 07:49 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lumine
Please explain how God is evil.

If you don't believe in him you burn in hell it seems lol.

If God is real I understand sending evil people to hell, but people who merely do not believe in him are not evil at any sane standard.

Plus there is also the whole baby killing thing. Babies are evil though so he gets a pass I guess.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 31st, 2018 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 02:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lumine
{Lumine}

Originally posted by Surtur
Plus there is also the whole baby killing thing.

Knew you were going to say that: https://www.desiringgod.org/intervi...e-old-testament

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 03:13 PM
Lumine is currently offline Click here to Send Lumine a Private Message Find more posts by Lumine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lumine
{Lumine}

Originally posted by Surtur
If you don't believe in him you burn in hell it seems lol.

If God is real I understand sending evil people to hell, but people who merely do not believe in him are not evil at any sane standard.

Plus there is also the whole baby killing thing. Babies are evil though so he gets a pass I guess.
they still have sinned in their life, no matter how good they are.

You can’t be perfect, never sinning is the only other way to get to Heaven.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 03:14 PM
Lumine is currently offline Click here to Send Lumine a Private Message Find more posts by Lumine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lumine
{Lumine}

Originally posted by MythLord
The fact that a doctor can treat the sick, save lives, continue to do good deeds and somehow ends up in the same place as genocidal maniacs like Hitler and Stalin, just because he doesn't believe in a mystical allmighty being for which little-to-no evidence exists, is morally abhorrent to me.

It's an absolutely repugnant stance that someone gets sent to eternal damnation for being an atheist, despite living a good life. If anything, the atheist should be given a higher reward. An atheist doesn't fear eternal punishment, nor hope for eternal reward; rather he does a good thing because he knows it's moral. Whereas most Christians do it just to get a free ticket "upstairs", as it were.
all have still sinned so your point is vague.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 03:17 PM
MythLord
Diamond

So everyone goes to hell, then? Again, morally abhorrent.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 08:18 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lumine
{Lumine}

unless of course, you give your life to Christ.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 08:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I choose to believe that if there is a Heaven and Hell, ie eternal pleasure or eternal pain after death, a God with infinite wisdom wouldn't judge all souls on a single utterly simple and pointless merit of "Did you accept Jesus/Me as your savior?".

That's something a petulant child would do in deciding who gets to go into their tree fort or not. "Not Timmy, he doesn't think I'm the best!"

Though I find the whole idea of heaven and hell to be ridiculous, it's clearly an invention of humanity as a form of control for the masses, imo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 10:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

unless of course, you give your life to Christ.
This God/Christ guy is a bit of a needy immature prick isn't he?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Robtard
I choose to believe that if there is a Heaven and Hell, ie eternal pleasure or eternal pain after death, a God with infinite wisdom wouldn't judge all souls on a single utterly simple and pointless merit of "Did you accept Jesus/Me as your savior?".

That's something a petulant child would do in deciding who gets to go into their tree fort or not. "Not Timmy, he doesn't think I'm the best!"

Though I find the whole idea of heaven and hell to be ridiculous, it's clearly an invention of humanity as a form of control for the masses, imo.

You have universal mores and creation stories that are seen throughout the world from the beginning of time.

You choose to see these things as "Control" rather than man's fundamental recognition of a supreme being.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:45 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by NemeBro
This God/Christ guy is a bit of a needy immature prick isn't he?

Offering eternal life and peace is not the actions of an immature or needy individual.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:46 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Offering eternal life and peace is not the actions of an immature or needy individual.
It is if the condition for it is the unconditional belief and adoration of the individual without giving them any empirical justification to believe that you're even real my man.

Why would God care whether or not you worship him? Why is it so important to him?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lumine
{Lumine}

Originally posted by NemeBro
It is if the condition for it is the unconditional belief and adoration of the individual without giving them any empirical justification to believe that you're even real my man.

Why would God care whether or not you worship him? Why is it so important to him?
worshipping doesn’t get you to heaven. You can worship your entire life without giving your life to Christ and you’ll still find a place in hell.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:38 AM
NemeBro

worshipping doesn’t get you to heaven. You can worship your entire life without giving your life to Christ and you’ll still find a place in hell.
What a cowardly way to dodge the question.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:41 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Well, he deserves to be worshipped.

One who has never sinned should be worshipped.

It’s not really important to Him as you make it sounds, unless of course, you can cite evidence proving me otherwise.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:44 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Well it certainly seems pretty important to him as if I don't worship him, he apparently gives me a one way ticket to eternal suffering and torment. What a great guy.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 05:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Did you not read what I just posted?

You don’t have to worship to reach Heaven or Hell.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 05:56 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Don't you have to except Jesus as your lord and savior in your heart or something? That sounds an awful lot like worship to me...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by ares834
Don't you have to except Jesus as your lord and savior in your heart or something? That sounds an awful lot like worship to me...
Believing in something doesn’t mean you have to worship it twenty-four/seven.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Knew you were going to say that: https://www.desiringgod.org/intervi...e-old-testament

Dude, I haven't even read most of your link, but here is the first part:

"It's right for God to slaughter women and children anytime he pleases. God gives life and he takes life. Everybody who dies, dies because God wills that they die. "

Wtf lol. That sounds like a super villain.

EDIT: I read it. It seems like nothing but a lousy justification for genocide. "God told him to annihilate the people so he did". Lol. You are worshiping some sort of thing that promotes genocide.

Oh I'm sorry, he apparently spared 8 people. So not 100% genocide! Achievement denied.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 1st, 2018 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 05:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote