KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Invisible Hand Anakin vs Exar Kun

Invisible Hand!Anakin vs Exar Kun
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Anakin 21 80.77%
Exar Kun 5 19.23%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Invisible Hand Anakin vs Exar Kun
Started by: BestDebaterEver

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I'm not moving the goal posts, like at all, my point from the start is that even if it does refer to the Force. In fact, the entire section in my RT that you had a problem with was not me trying to definitively prove either way what the Wizards article states. I was trying to show readers that Ant's demand that we all take it as infallible word of God Canon stating Malak > Kun that everybody on the planet must agree with; due to tweets that he sent to Cory which you, ironically, ridiculed me for doing but not him.

Hilariously, me tweeting him in the first place was me mocking Ant for using Herndon tweets to establish an authorial precedence in the first place. Something you clearly didn't catch onto.

The big problem here is that I, from the beginning, prior to you ever having taken issue with my blog, have had the stance that the article is interpretable in many ways. I've also mockingly argued that the only way to interpret it is my way. Certainly not, by any means, a way to claim supremacy.

My entire shtick about the life-support system is me only showing that it gets even muddier the more you read into it. Oh and, if that section is referring to some multifaceted virtual immortality. That would actually be directly referring to what Malak was doing with those dead Jedi on the Star Forge which sources clarify was him using the Star Forge. It also isn't disqualified by Nadd at all, who's century long reign and subsequent puppet mastery for centuries more would easily be surpassed by Malak's Star Forge immortality powers. Needless to say it surpasses Kun needing a ritual for his ascension.

As far as the quote goes, this is a republished quote from 2008:

quote:
Odan-Urr goes to the Force and the darkest power in the galaxy walks away with something that will make him even stronger.
- Tales of the Jedi Omnibus Vol.2

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Nov 11th, 2018 at 11:27 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:25 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Uh huh...

Anyway post the page this quote gets said if you will please, or even state what issue it happens in the original series.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:23 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

(please log in to view the image)

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 02:52 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vitiate >> Revan >>> Malak >>> Kun > Vitiate >> Revan >>> Malak

Glad we've got that cohesive scaling.

Last edited by RealistRacism on Nov 11th, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 02:58 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

So you think them not specifically editing a panel's wording in a re-release makes it applicable to anything that came after the comic was released and before the re-release?
So you'd have no issue with people retroactively changing the date of Dark Empire to late 2010? No wait, Dark Empire was re-released under Marvel in 2015
https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Star...tal-comic/35960

Which means that all those statements apply to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING that has appeared up to and before then... according to you. Azronger hates this I imagine.

Not only that, but you think "Darkest power in the galaxy" is more definitive and applicable to the Star Forge than "Powers far greater than Exar Kun"?

Bro...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:09 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I think retroactive retcons aren't a thing, you might see the difference. erm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:11 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I guess AP buys this then:

gg

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 07:32 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

RIP

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist

gg
I don't even think AP knows what his point is tbh. By his logic every statement in DE applies too as it was "republished" twice (once by a different company even), and it applies to everything before then... apparently?

He just knows he doesn't like this. Let's see why it doesn't count together.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 07:39 PM
CuckedCurry

Inb4 “it refers to political power” :/

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:07 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul > Vitiate

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:09 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

gg

I buy into that smile

What source is that?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I don't even think AP knows what his point is tbh. By his logic every statement in DE applies too as it was "republished" twice (once by a different company even), and it applies to everything before then... apparently?

Still doesn't change the context when Dark Empire was written. You don't think some of those workers specifically analyzed everything in feats to confirm you that Palpatine's Dark Empire feats and accolades are "current"-to-date, right?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

gg

You're genuinely an imbecile. I don't buy into retroactive retconning unless there's significant evidence to the contrary. Literally, Leland Chee policy. You hounding me in every single thread on the planet is pretty humorous though. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:08 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by One Big Mob

I lmow exactly what my point is, I explained it to you on this page. Your sour grapes aren't my concern.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:10 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Still doesn't change the context when Dark Empire was written. You don't think some of those workers specifically analyzed everything in feats to confirm you that Palpatine's Dark Empire feats and accolades are "current"-to-date, right?
No fukking shit. It's exactly the same as Tales of The Jedi somehow applying to the Star Forge, even though it was created years afterwards.

Originally posted by AncientPower
I lmow exactly what my point is, I explained it to you on this page. Your sour grapes aren't my concern.
Why would I have sour grapes? laughing out loud

Explain exactly how Dark Empire quotes don't apply but Tales of the Jedi quotes do.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:22 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Because Kun's quotes are backed up by other, much more recent quotes specific to his time declaring him GOAT. So it isn't even in doubt that he was the 'darkest power'/most powerful Sith ever as of his point in time.

Oh and until Ell actually reveals what source that is from, I'm not inclined to tale any stance.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:27 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Because Kun's quotes are backed up by other, much more recent quotes specific to his time declaring him GOAT. So it isn't even in doubt that he was the 'darkest power'/most powerful Sith ever as of his point in time.

Oh and until Ell actually reveals what source that is from, I'm not inclined to tale any stance.
You specifically stated that a quote existed that said Kun > The Star Forge without as many loopholes as it stating "Malak far greater powers than Kun". However, that quote was written before the introduction of the Star Forge, said "Darkest Power in the Galaxy" only, and now it requires additional quotes to establish that Kun was stated to be above the Star Forge?

And I would enjoy to see the much more recent sources you have that establish Kun was THE GOAT.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:37 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

AP killed Kun. F

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:38 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Why does it matter?

Maybe the year it was published in -and I could tell you to be fair- but anyone with half a brain should be able to guess.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote