KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Hey! Its Day Light Savings Time!

Hey! Its Day Light Savings Time!
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Hey! Its Day Light Savings Time!

Ahh it is the Wonderful/Horrible Time of Year when you Either GAIN an extra hour or Beddy Bye Time or LOSE An Hour of Visit to the Land of Nod?

What are YOUR Feelings on the Subject??? For those that live in places where it is a actual thing.... Do Arizona and Hawaii got the Right Idea?

Personally I love the Fall back bit, but that Spring Forward bit is pure bull shit.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:31 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah I like the fall back part. Overall though it's a dumb idea that should be done away with, not worth the hassle.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no valid reason to keep doing it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Agree with BF and Surt, should be done away with. See no real point and I really dislike it being dark at 4:30pm in deep winter.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I both Agree and Disagree with Robbie. I see no real point to it any more other then TRADITION and I LIKE it GETTING Dark as Early as Possible. That Big Bright Thing in the Sky Really PO's some times. Up there all Bright and Warming...makes me SICK !!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This poll with a 4% margin of error says....

74% of Americans want to end DST:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-300549400.html

In other words, keep the DST. Which would put east coast at -4 GMT, cetnral at -5GMT, mountain at -6GMT, and pacific at -7GMT.

I highly suspect that the older (55+) respondents are the majority of the people that want to keep moving around the daylight savings stuff.

So why do we keep it? Why, dudes? Pleeeeeease can we end it?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 08:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Agree with BF and Surt, should be done away with. See no real point and I really dislike it being dark at 4:30pm in deep winter.

But that's standard time. Personally, Id like it if we stayed on DST permanently and not fall back to standard time. Which I assume you were suggesting as well?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 09:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ares834
But that's standard time. Personally, Id like it if we stayed on DST permanently and not fall back to standard time. Which I assume you were suggesting as well?

Whichever gives me longer days so it's not dark by 4:30 pm in winter and keep it at that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 09:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

All I know is that I gain an hour of well deserved sleep.

You can all gargle my scrotum until you have a speech impediment.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 12:36 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Get rid of it.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 12:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by quanchi112
Get rid of it.

Ditto.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 01:52 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

How would you feel about time not being a fixed increment, but scaling with daylight? So for example, instead of setting clocks back an hour in autumn, the units of measurement simply get shorter as the pole tilts away from the sun on its orbit?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 03:55 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Time should be removed, it's dated.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 05:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How would you feel about time not being a fixed increment, but scaling with daylight? So for example, instead of setting clocks back an hour in autumn, the units of measurement simply get shorter as the pole tilts away from the sun on its orbit?

I would be happy just to get the time back after I read that.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 05:49 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 02:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So that is who trained that guy to build his "Bombs"....

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 08:39 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by dadudemon
So why do we keep it? Why, dudes?
Because boomers are in charge of the world and old people fear change.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:11 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So that is who trained that guy to build his "Bombs"....

His family also received special training in "how to fail at suing over the situation our child created". It's hilarious. They wanted like 15 million. Lol.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 12:23 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Because boomers are in charge of the world and old people fear change.

Says every young person before they become old.

That is one Tired Old Song and Dance that Never changes.

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 01:08 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yes, if I live long enough I will eventually become old and I'll turn into a ****ing retard who desperately holds back the progress of society in order to make myself feel better. You're right, but that doesn't make my initial statement untrue.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 01:11 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote